[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

define a newbie

cdj7k

And this was basically the crux of my argument regarding the Turner passing game:

check the stats of future Hall of Famer Micheal Irvin and borderline HoF candidate Henry Ellard under Turner's direction - with all their 1000 yds seasons and catches as the #1 WRs in explosive offenses, they tallied ONE double-digit td season.

His WRs don't score tds. His RBs do.

Edited by Chavez

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signs you AREN'T a newbie - you and another person are still b*tching at each other in an argument from LAST YEAR that is irrelevant to right now. :D

Again, this is the first time in Norv's entire Coaching career that he's had this talented a group of WR's.

:D I guess you thought that Moss/Porter being more talented than Ellard/Anderson was going to result in lesser production despite the advent of rules freeing up the passing game in the interim.

Accepted if not understood.

Moss - Porter - Curry - Gabriel > Ellard - Anderson - Cox - Fiason.

But you're trying to read more into the example, than what the example was actually used for.

Once AGAIN, me bringing up the Ellard / Anderson example when Norv was their WR Coach, was used solely for the purpose of enlightening people to the fact that Turner is not strictly a pound the rock with the RB type Coach, as many had erroneously believed.

It was used to show that Norv is a Coach who learned his craft under Coryell & Zampeze and is capable of adapting his offense to suit the strength his personnel.

I did not use Ellard / Anderson, as an example to predict what Moss & Porter would have for yardage numbers.

I did use Ellard / Anderson, as an example to predict that Moss & Porter would become Turner's 3rd pair of WR's, to rack up a 1,000 yards each.

Edited by Big Score 1

If you have ever hijacked a thread by bringing an argument from another thread... you might not be a newbie. On the other hand you could be the two biggest dweebs.

Fixed.