[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hows about Alex Smith?

NinersIn2006!

Smith to Bryant all day long against the Bears first team. They did look good, and Smith just needs some confidence, because he does possess the skills.

I'm still not ready to draft smith myself, but A. Bryant looks like a good mid to late round pick.

What did Vernon Davis do.

Vernon did not catch a pass, but did a lot of good run and pass blocking (remember, a TE's job extends way beyond catching passes)....I was keeping a keen eye on him as I went through watchign the replay...didnt remember seeing a guy get past him or manhandle him.....

now I realize they didnt draft him to block, they drafted him to catch and score TD's, but that will come in time...I'm not even sure they threw a pass to him....he probably is still learning how to run routes in the NFL...

Now back to Alex....I was even more impressed when I went back and watched the replay on the NFL network...there was a play where he took off and was goign to be stopped about three yards deep of a first down, but he made a pretty good move on the defender and lunged and came up just short...showed alot of heart, when he could have gone out of bounds (especially in a pre season game)...I was more impressed by that than any other play...people who watched, know what I am talking about? It happened toward the end of the first quarter at mid field...

norv should be good for the rb and te... wr's should have a ceiling on them.

BigScore, are you gonna let such blatant inaccuracies slide? :D

Edited by Chavez

Hey I am huge Bears fan, and I thought Alex Smith looked great, but then again I thought the Bears D looked aweful. They were running a very vanilla D that game, but who cares he was moving well making good reads and hitting his target. Now can he do that when there is more pressure I don't know, but it was a very good sign for a young QB to progress this way. Much better than last year where he couldn't make a read, couldn't get rid of the ball, and when he did he was missing his mark. It did look like the game had slowed down for him, good thing they have been rolling him out.

i found that with turner teams, 1 guy gets some yards (ie: irvin), but since 92 he has only had 1 wr score 10 or more td's 1 time.... that was in mia with chambers (11 in 03) and (92-05) 6 of those seasons none of his wr's reached the 1000 mark.

Edited by Bier Meister