[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Vick

The Passion

Just waged a bet with a few friends that Vick would total 26 Td's, wager line was 25... Looking at last year he was a top 10-12 QB and he did crap, figure he has to pass for 20 this year.

What you guys think.... am I going to owe money at the end of year or what?

25 is right where I'd set the line - it's tough to imagine him with less than 14 passing, 4 running, so there's cushion there. I'd predict 18 passing and 6 rushing, but if he finally learns to throw and tops 20 tds, he's a lock to beat 25.

It all depends on his passing #s.

I think I'd have to wager against Vick throwing 25 TD's this year. I'd put him somewhere around 17 or 18.

That's 26 tds throwing AND running (and receiving, if Knapp decides to get wily on us).

Career best is 24, and he's on his 4th full season plus a season where he lost about 3/4 to injury, 3rd year in the same offense. If he's gonna mature and step it up and become what a certain bunch of people like to say he already is, the time is now.

That's 26 tds throwing AND running (and receiving, if Knapp decides to get wily on us).

Career best is 24, and he's on his 4th full season plus a season where he lost about 3/4 to injury, 3rd year in the same offense. If he's gonna mature and step it up and become what a certain bunch of people like to say he already is, the time is now.

That's the way I see it also. I say rushing & rec. 23. 17 passing 6 rushing.

His Hypeness will score less than 26 TDs once again this year. Just looking at the Falcons schedule...besides his usual challenges with Tampa Bay and Carolina, he'll have to face the NFC East. Assuming he doesn't get injured (a huge assumption), this looks to be a tougher than usual schedule for him. Not a good year to predict a career season, and don't forget he's lost Finneran for the year.

Hoping for Vick to all of a sudden grasp the idea of downfield passing is like hoping for snow in August. Could happen. But I'm not puting any money on the line for it.

He has a bazooka for an arm. But so did Michael Bishop :D . He can't hit the broad side of a barn with that arm, and he's always to eager to run first before going through his progressions. Never gonna reach 25 TDs. :D

And the smallest offensive line the NFL has nothing to do with the amount of protection he has.

That really doesn't mean anything...they had the top ranked rushing offense with that line...I know Vick has A LOT to do with it as well. Denver's O-Line has never been mammoth and they run and protect well.

25 is right where I'd set the line - it's tough to imagine him with less than 14 passing, 4 running, so there's cushion there. I'd predict 18 passing and 6 rushing, but if he finally learns to throw and tops 20 tds, he's a lock to beat 25.

It all depends on his passing #s.

I concur....

I see a little bit of improvement with Vick's performance this year....

this may be his best year as a more complete QB....which isn't saying much...

however, 25 total TD's isn't bad if he can start hitting Roddy White and Michael Jenkins...

That really doesn't mean anything...they had the top ranked rushing offense with that line...I know Vick has A LOT to do with it as well. Denver's O-Line has never been mammoth and they run and protect well.

Yeah they can run block no doubt and Vick having to run away from defenders and getting a 20 yard run from what could have been an 8 yard sack really helps the team's rushing stats.

Edited by WaterMan

Vick is my franchise QB in one of my leagues.

I am going with the under.

That's how much faith I have in him.

Finneran will never be considered a top notch WR to be sure, but he is one more small caliber weapon that Vick won't have.

This is a run first team that throws only in dire emergencies. Were this team to have been a passing team to begin with, all that practice throwing might have made him a 25 TD a year guy... but since it is a run first team he has never received enough practice throwing in a game and is no good at it.

Definitely the under.