[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Commish picked my keeper!

ebartender

Crispirons, that is my whole point. Yes it was my fault for not double checking that I put the drop request through. My beef is that two other owners were afforded the luxury of getting extra time but I was not.

And for those of you who are asking why it took so long to decide it was because we really didn't know until recently if Brown was the #1 in Tenn. Brown could have been anywhere from #1 to #3. Then we had that crap CBS report that really clouded things for me. If it looked like he was #3 I would have kept Porter.

In the end it was my fault for not double checking and I am going to be the bigger person and just accept it instead of trying to get them to change it. I will however make sure they clear up the keeper rules next year. If the commish is going to stick to the deadline for one team, he has to do it for all teams.

How could you possibly not have enough time to get to a PC by the deadline. Every deadline in any FF league is declared well before the actual date. You screwed up, time to eat your lumps on this one.

However, you should actually just lose the ability to keep that 8th guy. He shouldn't be the one picking it for you. So IMHO you should feel lucky to have anyone in that 8th spot.

The keeper due date was set 4 days ago. I was pressing them to set the date a while ago but did not receive any feedback from anyone.

Plus I couldn't even get into my league on CBS for a couple days due to technical problems.

If you don't want the commish to cut your players make your cuts on time. However, if he let others slide then you should slide as well. I have been in this position with one of my leagues just about every single year. It's not something that I like to do but it has to be done.

Back up the bus guys. In the haste to jump on the bartender for not insuring that he had his pick by the dead line, you are giving this POS commish a free pass. It appears that he selected a keeper for bartender, while allowing other teams to miss the deadline and then pick their own keeper. :D That is bullchit. As a commish, you must apply rules evenly and fairly. If he picked the keeper for one, he should have picked them for all. This commish should be run out of the league. I'm sure that bartender will verify that his transactions do go through in the future.

Back up the bus guys. In the haste to jump on the bartender for not insuring that he had his pick by the dead line, you are giving this POS commish a free pass. It appears that he selected a keeper for bartender, while allowing other teams to miss the deadline and then pick their own keeper. :D That is bullchit. As a commish, you must apply rules evenly and fairly. If he picked the keeper for one, he should have picked them for all. This commish should be run out of the league. I'm sure that bartender will verify that his transactions do go through in the future.

Thanks for the support Brewer, it didn't seem like anyone else was reading the complete posts by me. My problem wasn't that the commish picked Porter over Brown as much as it was that he picked for me but let the other two slide. Apparently the other two owners received phone calls but I only got an email. Either way it is not worth all the frustration over Chris Brown. In the future I will make sure to have my keepers in a day before they are due. I will just have to win it all for the third straight year.

Thanks for the support Brewer, it didn't seem like anyone else was reading the complete posts by me. My problem wasn't that the commish picked Porter over Brown as much as it was that he picked for me but let the other two slide. Apparently the other two owners received phone calls but I only got an email. Either way it is not worth all the frustration over Chris Brown. In the future I will make sure to have my keepers in a day before they are due. I will just have to win it all for the third straight year.

It would have helped if you'd posted the whole story in your first post - in that one there is no mention of the slack being cut for the other league members.

the only one who should be upset are the 9 who had the keepers in on time. You three should get one less keeper or two whatever the case.

and the commish MUST treat everyone equal, so he was wrong there

but you guys, in theory had an unfair advantage, waiting on potential injuries and starting situations to clear up.

did you at least ask his reasoning...its a fair question.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

I can think of one good reason why people who made their choices at 7pm (2 hrs after deadline) were allowed their keeper choices, the commish didn't log in and decide until after 7pm. When he did log in he saw that some teams had submitted their keepers (even though late) and that you had not. So he made a judgement call on your team since there was nothing else to go by. While you may disagree with his judgement you have to admit you share some of the blame here. Since Porter is sure to start but who knows what is up with TEN I don't think you should be so hard on the guy. Yes he volunteered but come on, no pay and he gets to track the entire draft instead of worrying about his team? I could just as easily imagine a post from your commish about guys who don't submit their keepers and then get all combative about a judgement call they made trying to help out.

It would have helped if you'd posted the whole story in your first post - in that one there is no mention of the slack being cut for the other league members.

I was finding things out piece by piece. I am going to have to keep Porter. The commishes will not change it back. They said they didn't mind extending the deadline 2 hours or so but the next day was too long. Although I disagree that anyone should have had an extension and all three teams should have received the same treatment, I am just chalking this up to me not double checking what I thought I did.

I was finding things out piece by piece. I am going to have to keep Porter. The commishes will not change it back. They said they didn't mind extending the deadline 2 hours or so but the next day was too long. Although I disagree that anyone should have had an extension and all three teams should have received the same treatment, I am just chalking this up to me not double checking what I thought I did.

Your team probably stinks anyway! If I were that commish I wouldve dropped all your keepers and left you with Larry Croom! :D

Uh, haven't you had about 7 months to make this decision?

Another guy trying to be cute with the deadline.

If your decision was down to Porter and Brown, how in the heck did it take you 7 months to decide?

Your own fault here, chum. :D

Agreed...7 months to make the obvious decision and now that someone made it for you, the "obvious" choice he should have made was Brown? If it was so obvious, how come you didn't make it sooner?

Bottom line here, what's done is done. Move on and mark this off as lessons learned. I always tell the owners in my league that when it comes to deadlines (lineups, keepers, etc) to make a decision early and then if they want to change it, they can prior to the deadline. If they then forget to or are away from a PC or cannot call me, at least they had some control over what happens.

But if he had time to send me an email, couldn't he give me a call before he did it. I mean what if I didn't drop anyone because I couldn't get to my PC in time? Would he just choose all my keepers for me without calling? I think that decision was bush-league. Hopefully the other commish allows me to keep Brown instead. It's not like I was purposely holding off putting in my keepers for some reason. I just forgot to drop the one guy.

Excuse me, but explain again why it is your commish's job to babysit you? You were the one that waffled & didn't get your keepers in on time, and then the commish even had the courtesy to send you an e-mail about your screw up, which you obviously didn't respond to.

Be a man & accept the consequences of your actions (or lack of timely action, more appropriately).

As my father-in-law always says "keep your eyes on your own plate"

While I agree it should be the same for all teams, they should of had their last player picked for them as well. I am sure you had plenty of time to send yours in and not have someone make the decision for you.

Everyone should get the same treatment and if there is no penalty stated in the rules then the comish should NOT pick a keeper for you.

There should be a vote on how to deal with you (and the others) not making a deadline. Worst case you should only be allowed to keep 7 since you declared 7 2 weeks ago and still debating on the 8th.

I would jus tell the league to allow u to keep brown and put this in the rules for next year.