[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Intriguing AFC vs. NFC Matchups

Rockerbraves

Granted Colts vs. Broncos matchup is arguably the best NFL game this weekend. However there are several really nice matchups between the AFC & NFC's best.

Who wins the conference battle this week by winning at least 2 out of 3 straight up? :D

Falcons (4-2) @ Bengals (4-2)

Ravens (4-2) @ Saints (5-1)

Patriots (5-1) @ Vikings (4-2)

Edited by Rockerbraves

1. I actually think the Bengals hammer an Atlanta team that was quasi-exposed by the not-usually-offensive Steelers last week. Add in that the Falcons are on the road, outside the dome in what will be a windy, 50 degree enviornment....and that Vick had a career-day last week means to me that he comes back to earth just as drastically.

swammi says: Bengals finally get their full passing game in order in an easy win, 27-13.

2. Everyone like the Saints here, but I think they might stumble somewhat. I have a feeling the Ravens, coming off their bye, start to put things together offensively. They have had two-weeks to absorb the loss of Fassel, and I think they start to open their conservative playbook a little further. While the Saints have been the feel-good story this year, and are also coming off the bye, their week's rest came after an exhilerating win over Philly. I think they might be a little ahead of themselves, and against a top-5 defense, may have issues moving the ball.

swammi says: the Ravens do enough on offense, and more than enough on defense, to win it, 20-16.

3. An extremely tough game to pick, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the home underdog, playing well of late, with the better defense. Better defense? yep, they have been outstanding against the run, and more than capable against the pass. While the Pats offense has shown they can score via the ground or air, I think they are manageable enough to be slowed in both areas. The Vikings offense, meanwhile, is my cause for concern, and if this game was in NE, it would be a no-brainer. But Brad Johnson has played well in the dome, limiting turnovers, and Chester Taylor loves to run on the carpet. Usually I'd say they might suffer a letdown after a big conference win last week over Seattle, but playing at home on Monday night will provide all the motivation they need.

Finally, with the Pats at 5-1, they already likely have the AFC East in the palm of their hand...the Vikes will need the win to keep pace with the Bears, who will have already won on Sunday.

swammi says: Vikings 23, Pats 20

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

1. I actually think the Bengals hammer an Atlanta team that was quasi-exposed by the not-usually-offensive Steelers last week. Add in that the Falcons are on the road, outside the dome in what will be a windy, 50 degree enviornment....and that Vick had a career-day last week means to me that he comes back to earth just as drastically.

swammi says: Bengals finally get their full passing game in order in an easy win, 27-13.

2. Everyone like the Saints here, but I think they might stumble somewhat. I have a feeling the Ravens, coming off their bye, start to put things together offensively. They have had two-weeks to absorb the loss of Fassel, and I think they start to open their conservative playbook a little further. While the Saints have been the feel-good story this year, and are also coming off the bye, their week's rest came after an exhilerating win over Philly. I think they might be a little ahead of themselves, and against a top-5 defense, may have issues moving the ball.

swammi says: the Ravens do enough on offense, and more than enough on defense, to win it, 20-16.

3. An extremely tough game to pick, but if I had to choose, I'd go with the home underdog, playing well of late, with the better defense. Better defense? yep, they have been outstanding against the run, and more than capable against the pass. While the Pats offense has shown they can score via the ground or air, I think they are manageable enough to be slowed in both areas. The Vikings offense, meanwhile, is my cause for concern, and if this game was in NE, it would be a no-brainer. But Brad Johnson has played well in the dome, limiting turnovers, and Chester Taylor loves to run on the carpet. Usually I'd say they might suffer a letdown after a big conference win last week over Seattle, but playing at home on Monday night will provide all the motivation they need.

Finally, with the Pats at 5-1, they already likely have the AFC East in the palm of their hand...the Vikes will need the win to keep pace with the Bears, who will have already won on Sunday.

swammi says: Vikings 23, Pats 20

Got to agree with swammi Bengals beat the Falcons at home, however I like the Saints and the Pats in the other two AFC/NFC showdowns as the AFC takes 2 of 3 from the NFC.

Edited by Rockerbraves

The Saints WILL NOT win.

Hey Flip since the raven homers have no faith in their team winning this week would you want to put a six pack of some local brew on that. loser sends a six pack of local brew to the winner.

Hey Flip since the raven homers have no faith in their team winning this week would you want to put a six pack of some local brew on that. loser sends a six pack of local brew to the winner.

:D He is legally not old enough to purchase or consume alcohol.