[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rematch Good for College Football?

Rockerbraves

I now hope Sc gets to Glendale, I want to see them punked and see Carroll scratching his head after losing yet another NC game.

Silly Sarge. Even if USC does lose in the desert, it won't be a blowout and Carroll won't have time to be scratching his head. (Unlike last year, when his team gave away a W to Texas.) He'll have a long line of people patting him on the back for the best overall coaching job in his time at USC - something Mack Brown couldn't do. Think about it - LSU had a good year a couple years back, like Auburn, and UT had a great one last year, but who has done as well as USC over the last 4-5 yrs? No one.

And if he does pull off the big upset, even more so. The youngsters on both O and D have come a long way this year, and are peaking at the right time.

Likewise if/when the Sooners get a BCS bid - without AP for most of the year plus booting out the QB early on - Stoops should get a lot of credit for getting his team there (assuming they beat Nebraska). Sooners are hanging in there better than Texas, Miami and other former strong programs. Buckeyes and Michigan might be on their way back to the top also. I have a ton of respect for Stoops, and he and Carroll have a ton of respect for each other, along with most college football fans.

Too bad a few confused homers like you can't look past their own teams to enjoy the sport as a whole....

Edited by Coffeeman

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all this hate you spew. So much jealousy private.... what exactly is the cause of it???

- The fact your 2.3 GPA & 810 SAT couldn't get you in to a Pac 10 school?

- Jealous that Norman & Stillwater aren't exactly LA, Bay Area, Seattle, or Phoenix??

- The quality of women in the Pac 10 that blows the cows of the Big 12 outta the water?

- The sheer dominance of all NCAA athletics by the Pac 10?

So many reasons to be jealous, so I can see where you are coming from I guess.

USC is in the middle of an incredible 4 year run that there really is no argument against. I would take that fotunate win by VYoung last year and shut your hole.

Actually I had a 1240 on my SAT, nothing to brag about, middle of the road in my class. But I could have got into Texas, which is much harder than any school in the Pac-10 outside of Stanford and Cal Berkley. BTW, I grew up and live just outside Big D, in a pampered community off Lake Ray Hubbard. . A far cry from Norman and I wouldnt live anywhere else in the world. I have everything in life I could ever want, beautiful wife, 3 great healthy kids, a good job and more money than I need. There is nothing in my life that id change, outside the fact I cant get under more of you Oprahers skin more often, as work sometimes gets in the way of that. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Actually I had a 1240 on my SAT, nothing to brag about, middle of the road in my class. But I could have got into Texas, which is much harder than any school in the Pac-10 outside of Stanford and Cal Berkley. BTW, I grew up and live just outside Big D, in a pampered community off Lake Ray Hubbard. . A far cry from Norman and I wouldnt live anywhere else in the world. I have everything in life I could ever want, beautiful wife, 3 great healthy kids, a good job and more money than I need. There is nothing in my life that id change, outside the fact I cant get under more of you Oprahers skin more often, as work sometimes gets in the way of that. :D

all good. That is why I bust yer balls, I know you can take it. Just want to hear ou give someone props 1 time instead of wacko comments like the Big 12 being strong this year :D . And I think UW is on par with Texas academically.

all good. That is why I bust yer balls, I know you can take it. Just want to hear ou give someone props 1 time instead of wacko comments like the Big 12 being strong this year :D . And I think UW is on par with Texas academically.

Not sure about UW on par with TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT..., but I didnt go to TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... thank God, even though it is a tremendous academic school. Im not saying the Big 12 is great, Im just agreeing the pac-10 is better. I give the big 10 props. when you have the top 2 teams in the country in the same conference, that is strength in my opinion.

Seriously if a rematch happens and Michigan wins are you ready to admit they are indeed National Champions and a indeed a better football team than Ohio State?

is a homer ever going to admit that? Even if the Bucks are 1-10, i'd say they are better then michigan.

I don't see OSU having all the mistakes that led to a close game before, Smith had a horrible game and should rebound nicely.

is a homer ever going to admit that? Even if the Bucks are 1-10, i'd say they are better then michigan.

I don't see OSU having all the mistakes that led to a close game before, Smith had a horrible game and should rebound nicely.

OSU is a better team, no doubt, just a matter of if they play like it. By the way, FSU-UF did the same thing that OSU-Michigan are likely going to do in 1996. Close game that led to rematch in National Title. Good luck TheeOSU, I really wish you guys woulda played Wisconsin this year tho, even though I think you prolly woulda won...

Theeohiostate you got to answer the question yes or no to answer the question to this thread? Read the title. :D

Hey I'm on your side. Don't think any much less a true homer Ohio State fan should want a rematch unless they thought it was the only way they could win a NC.

left coast doesn't love mormons....... kidding aside- not sure on them really- I think Utah has surpassed them as a fottball program, and hoops as well. SU in the Big 10? maybe- just hard to see an upstate NY team in the Big 10- can't see em leaving the BE.

Actually there is a high proportion of LDS on the West coast, you could count on any road games in the PAC 10 to be well attended by Cougar fans. Outside the Alex Smith years, I don't think you can say Utah has passed BYU as a program. Bronco Mendenhall is only going to get better as he goes, and BYU had a great year this season. I see no reason they could not compete in the PAC 10. Sure, USC outclasses them pretty badly, but other than that, they could be the flavour of the month in any given year in that conference. I know you were joking about the Mormon thing, but I think you underestimate BYU as a program. They're consistently pretty damn good over the last 40 years, with a NC and a Heisman winner mixed in.