[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU appears headed to Rose Bowl

detlef

There would have been plenty of attention to these games regardless of what type of system college football uses. There is going to be controversy no matter what. The bottom line is, if things hold to form, there are going to be many teams with only 1 loss that feel they deserve a crack at the national championship. If USC and Florida both win, no one will ever be able to convince me that USC deserves it MORE than Florida, or vice-versa. NOBODY.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would have been plenty of attention to these games regardless of what type of system college football uses. There is going to be controversy no matter what. The bottom line is, if things hold to form, there are going to be many teams with only 1 loss that feel they deserve a crack at the national championship. If USC and Florida both win, no one will ever be able to convince me that USC deserves it MORE than Florida, or vice-versa. NOBODY.

I'm with you. There could be several teams that feel they deserved a crack at the national championship.

Really not 100% certain a playoff would convince your Sarge's of the world either. Not sure what happens in your high school playoffs but down here we have undefeated teams get knocked out of the playoffs by teams with sometimes 2 or 3 losses and yes they too are never convinced the right two teams are in the Championship Game. If there were a college playoff, no one will ever be able to convince me that everyone would agree 100% that the right two teams would be playing for a NC. NOBODY.

Very good point, but I think it's kind of the old case, of less of 2 evils. Would a playoff be LESS controversial? Yeah probably. You're right, there would still be controversy at the end though.

Let me first say I much prefer a playoff then the way it is now. Still we have to give credit to the BCS this year if somehow the BCS bowl games work out that #1 plays #2 in Glendale while #3 plays #5 in the Rose and #4 plays # 9 or #10 in the Sugar while #7 plays a 15th - 17th ranked team in the Orange.

Especially when you consider #7 Wisconsin & one of the three top 10 teams in the SEC are not BCS elgible and the #8 BCS team is Boise State. Really not sure if a playoff could do better?:D

If things work out BCS bowl wise like the experts are predicting you could say these last few weeks of college football played out very much like a playoff. FYI: Oklahoma wouldn't have made the playoffs unless you were going 16 to 20 deep.

First it was the Big East on stage (Louisville, WV & Rutgers), then the Big Ten showdown, followed by ND/USC and a handful of what now look to be critical matchups in the Big 12 and SEC. Now we enter the quarterfinals & semi's this week to determine the participants of the Championship game in Glendale.

BCS may not be perfect but it did accomplish one thing this year. Provide national attention to regional games.

Um, OU is ranked no worse than 10 in any poll, and is 8 in the AP. So how would they not figure unless it was 16-20 deep. What a moronic statment, when facts clearly speak otherwise.

No controversy if a playoff is used. Let the top 30 go at it. That way nobody is left out. Not a hard pill to swallow since every other sport on thie earth uses a playoff. (I could be wrong about sports in India).

Hopefully all those Tiger fans who made plans to attend the Rose Bowl bought refundable airline tickets. Good chance it's going to be USC vs. Michigan in the Rose. LSU has no one to blame but themselves for Arkansas performance. Tigers should have take it easy on them Hogs. so they would have had something left in their tank. Well the thought of playing in the Rose Bowl was fun while it lasted.

Hopefully all those Tiger fans who made plans to attend the Rose Bowl bought refundable airline tickets. Good chance it's going to be USC vs. Michigan in the Rose. LSU has no one to blame but themselves for Arkansas performance. Tigers should have take it easy on them Hogs. so they would have had something left in their tank. Well the thought of playing in the Rose Bowl was fun while it lasted.

I have to say I'm glad LSU is not playing in the Rose Bowl.

PAC 10 vs BIG TEN the way it's suppose to be Michigan vs. USC.

LSU gets Notre Dame in Sugar Bowl.

LSU will demolish them...

One would hope, everyone that is anyone has. But then again, Auburn should be playing in the BCS over LSU, and they should be the one to demolish them. Im completely baffled how LSU is ranked ahead of Auburn, a team they lost too, with the same exact record, and they, not LSU knocked off Florida. Can someone tell me how LSU is ranked in the top 10 at all, and ahead of Auburn. That is as puzzling as the Anyone but Michigan for #2.