[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I kinda like all 4 road teams this week

Azazello1313

Going against history in a big way by saying that. Home teams are normally dominant in this round because it's the most "uneven" round of the 3 - the home teams is the "better" teams and sometimes as many as 4-6 wins better than the visitor. home team has an additional week off. and home team is home. Those three make it I beleive 80%+ home team winners, and that makes sense.

In saying all that, I like both NFC dogs (both AFC favs) mostly cause the NFC is so historically bad, I think any trends can go byebye this year.

Just from personal experience going back over the years it seems :D the favorites cover more than the dogs this late in the playoffs.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first-year QB starter was 9th in passing yards, 8th in rating, 8th in passing td's, 14th in completion % and tied for 2nd with the fewest int's. so he ain't too shabby.

what were manning's rankings all those years when the pats owned them in the playoffs?

river's is a nice QB, but he IS a first year starter.

Just from personal experience going back over the years it seems :D the favorites cover more than the dogs this late in the playoffs.

Yep..and in the usual year I would go with a high percentage of the home teams. this has not been a usual year though.

I would not be suprised if any of the teams left ended up in the SB.

He did have Edge and Harrison/Wayne.

so yer answer is no then

edit to add: don't get me wrong ... i am not diminishing edge, harrison and wayne's abilities but they cannot make up for a stout defense, LT, and Gates IMO ... especially the stout D

Edited by junebugz

I seriously doubt all 4 win, but I think all 4 have a very good chance to win, and I think probably two or maybe three of them WILL win. I'm not sure which two though... :D

for as much as everyone loves the chargers (i'm pulling for them too)...there are some things in this game that are hard to ignore. tom brady and bill belichek against a first-year QB starter and marty schottenheimer? the pats seem hungry again to me, they look poised to spoil SD's party.

colts/ravens....peyton's GOT to step up big in the playoffs SOMETIME, doesn't he? (ok, against someone other than the broncos :D ) if their defense plays as well as they did last week, i think they have more than a fighting chance to win this game.

the eagles are just playing well as a team right now. and the saints seemed a little uneven down the stretch. i think new orleans probably wins, but if they don't bring their A-game the eagles will be ready to hawk in and snatch the upset.

the bears would look to be the safest bet of the week, and i agree with that general assessment...but we've all seen how bad grossman is capable of looking. also, their defense doesn't have quite the lustre it did early in the season. i think the bears win, but they are definitely beatable.

I agree 100%. At least 2 road teams will win this weekend. I like NE, IND, and SEA as the most likely, but it is anyone's weekend.

did manning have a stout defense

in 2003 when the colts lost to the pats, the colts had the 10th best defense in the league stastistically. which happens to be the exact same ranking as the chargers this year.

best RB in the league

that's how a lot of people described edgerrin james during those years.

arguably best TE in league?

well, no....but i'd say the disparity in WR talent (harrison/wayne versus parker/mccardell) more than makes up for it.

Your powers of prognostication are sadly lacking in this case.

I want the Chargers to win. Believe me... nothing at this point in time, relating to football, would make me happier. However, when one is facing the greatest QB and coach of all time.... (all others pale in comparison) one must face facts. There is just no way SD wins this game. I want them to, but I never get what I want it seems.

in 2003 when the colts lost to the pats, the colts had the 10th best defense in the league stastistically. which happens to be the exact same ranking as the chargers this year.

so would the Chargers D have been ranked 10th still if they were not without Merriman for 4 games? i am pretty sure the concensus would be a higher ranking ... outside of that, are you going to argue then that the 2003 Colts D is as good as the 2006 Chargers D?

that's how a lot of people described edgerrin james during those years.

he may have been the best RB but is/was he as dangerous as LT? again the concensus would probably be a resounding NO.

Edited by junebugz

I want the Chargers to win. Believe me... nothing at this point in time, relating to football, would make me happier. However, when one is facing the greatest QB and coach of all time.... (all others pale in comparison) one must face facts. There is just no way SD wins this game. I want them to, but I never get what I want it seems.

Quick someone call Sky and tell him that Uglytuna has stolen his password and is impersonating him here

For a guy that wants the Chargers to win, you're sure sounding like a Patriot homer. If Brady and Belichik are "all that" and unbeatable and the Chargers have no chance to win, then how in the heck do you explain them getting beat by the Broncos in the playoffs last year? The Chargers are the better team with better talent on both sides of the ball and on special teams and with outstanding coaches (a lot of people forget that Cam Cameron is one of the brightest offensive minds in football and Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach). Sometimes the better team wins. What a concept? I'm smart enough to know that the Patriots are capable of beating the Chargers, but give the Chargers a little credit and respect (14-2 record, #1 seed, and 8-0 at home this year).

The only redeeming quality is your statement indicating "I want them (the Chargers) to (win), but I never get what I want it seems". Ahhh... If you're going with the reveserse psychology theory, then thanks for giving us some karma. I applaud that. :D That's the ticket. :D

It never fails when the TV commentator states something like "this guy hasn't fumbled the entire year" and the very next play he fumbles. It's the kiss of death.

For a guy that wants the Chargers to win, you're sure sounding like a Patriot homer. If Brady and Belichik are "all that" and unbeatable and the Chargers have no chance to win, then how in the heck do you explain them getting beat by the Broncos in the playoffs last year? The Chargers are the better team with better talent on both sides of the ball and on special teams and with outstanding coaches (a lot of people forget that Cam Cameron is one of the brightest offensive minds in football and Wade Phillips is a great defensive coach). Sometimes the better team wins. What a concept? I'm smart enough to know that the Patriots are capable of beating the Chargers, but give the Chargers a little credit and respect (14-2 record, #1 seed, and 8-0 at home this year).

The only redeeming quality is your statement indicating "I want them (the Chargers) to (win), but I never get what I want it seems". Ahhh... If you're going with the reveserse psychology theory, then thanks for giving us some karma. I applaud that. :D That's the ticket. :bash:

It never fails when the TV commentator states something like "this guy hasn't fumbled the entire year" and the very next play he fumbles. It's the kiss of death.

Nicely put!! :D

Note: The avy's pretty classy too! :clap:

so yer answer is no then

edit to add: don't get me wrong ... i am not diminishing edge, harrison and wayne's abilities but they cannot make up for a stout defense, LT, and Gates IMO ... especially the stout D

I know you can't base a D on one game, especially a weird one, and yes, the Chargers won the game, and I will be rooting for the Chargers to beat NE ... But, that said, the one time I saw the Chargers this year they gave up 28 points to the Bengals in the first half, and 545 yards in offense for the game.

You may call it a stout D, but I don't think you can call it consistent. If a hobbled Palmer can take them apart for 421 passing yards, you can bet Brady is gonna get his licks in during a playoff game.

I'm not flaming -- like I said, I want the Chargers to win. But I wouldn't bet against Brady in the playoffs.

I would also say the safest home team is da Bears, but it is Grossman, and with Martin Luther King Day coming up Monday, there's a good chance he'll be distracted by all the good MLK parties in Chicago Monday night.

Looking in the crytal ball :D -

Most one-sided - The Bears should crush the Seadogs. Seattle really has no business even being in this game. It's gonna be cold, the Bears are gonna be rested, and I took the Bears D with my first pick at #2. The cold should keep the scoring low and the turnovers up.

NE at SD - Gotta go with SD. At home, rested, and they have Superman on their team. High scoring game, but SD wins.

Philly at NO - Gotta go with NO. Could go either way, but it won't.

Indy at Balt - Coin flip, but I'll go with Indy. Manning has to produce in a playoff game sometime, and I'd guess there's less pressure this year than last.

Drafting as we speak, so I really need to correctly predict the winners and potential scoring per game to get the most out of the position. Here's how it's gone so far (very heavy defensive scoring):

1. LT

2. Chicago Defense

3. B Westbrook

4. Jamal Lewis

5. P. Manning

6. SD def

7. Brees

8. Colston

9. Baltimore Defense

10. Reggie Bush

11. Antonio Gates

12. Marvin Harrison

13. Thomas Jones

14. Deuce McAllister

15. Rivers

16. Addai

17. Wayne

18. I'm up... thinking

the first-year QB starter was 9th in passing yards, 8th in rating, 8th in passing td's, 14th in completion % and tied for 2nd with the fewest int's. so he ain't too shabby.

The Pats need to look at the KC game to see what they did to get in Rivers head.He was brutal in that game and if not for LT's heroics the Chiefs could have easily won that game.

:D I am not a Huddle fisherman. Never have been. I just report the news as it happens. :bash:

Lot of experts at other places not only predict a NE win.. they aren't even calling it an upset.

And then we have those here that say all that has to happen for NE to win is for Brady to step onto the field. Once that happens the other team is toast.

So with all that.... it must be a given that not only does NE win, but that SD doesn't even belong on the same field.

Sorry guy... don't mean to burst your bubble since I know you thought that this was your year... but you will just have to accept the fact that no one can possibly beat Brady..and thus NE... in the PO's. He is just too potent of a weapon.

Ooh, Sky whips out the reverse psychology hex.

Nice try, guy. :D