[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do you think they'll talk about the black coaches in the SB thing over the next 2 wks?

BeeR

So you don't think it's necessarily a white/black thing, right? That's how I felt when you asked how many times have I seen two black coaches standing on the sidelines of a SB? To be honest, I never looked. Is there something wrong with that? :D

No not at all. You never had any reason too. Why would you? It probably has no influence on your life or your childrens lives. It's kind of like the same thing as Tiger Woods, it's just nice to see things improving for the better of all and opportunity is not limited for any race. Tiger raised the hopes of all kids, regardless of race but had a special uplifting influence for blacks because he did something that no other black man had done before that's all. Imagine as you were growing up you wanted to be something but you never saw anyone of your race or gender do it. You would wonder why and the answer to that question would make you feel something. If you were male and white, in school you could dream about being President of the United States because your history books proved it could be done by your race and gender. However, surely you would agree, if your not of that demographic you can forget it and so can your children. Now how do you think that feels and how do you answer your young son when he asks you why? Things are changing and it is just nice to see that's all.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No not at all. You never had any reason too. Why would you? It probably has no influence on your life or your childrens lives. It's kind of like the same thing as Tiger Woods, it's just nice to see things improving for the better of all and opportunity is not limited for any race. Tiger raised the hopes of all kids, regardless of race but had a special uplifting influence for blacks because he did something that no other black man had done before that's all. Imagine as you were growing up you wanted to be something but you never saw anyone of your race or gender do it. You would wonder why and the answer to that question would make you feel something. If you were male and white, in school you could dream about being President of the United States because your history books proved it could be done by your race and gender. However, surely you would agree, if your not of that demographic you can forget it and so can your children. Now how do you think that feels and how do you answer your young son when he asks you why? Things are changing and it is just nice to see that's all.

Well put and I can respect that. I also have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. :D

Well put and I can respect that. I also have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. :D

I also know a realilty where my tough kids destroy the weak little Rosie O'Donnell whose dad wants them play inside a dome. :D

Great dream, I have the same hopes, but until good people take action to appose those who perpetuate the status quo and step out of their comfort zones to foster change, it will remain just that, a dream.

Great dream, I have the same hopes, but until good people take action to appose those who perpetuate the status quo and step out of their comfort zones to foster change, it will remain just that, a dream.

It will indeed remain only a dream if we continue to judge or categorize people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character.

I also know a realilty where my tough kids destroy the weak little Rosie O'Donnell whose dad wants them play inside a dome. :D

I have a dream that one day every NFL team will have artificial grass, and every stadium will have a roof, the mud will be made clean, and the crooked referees will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."²

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to the South with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our Saints nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for our Saints together, knowing that we will be NFC Champions one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

"Who Dat Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints? Who Dat?

It will indeed remain only a dream if we continue to judge or categorize people by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character.

Greeting: Hello sir, my name is content and this is my friend character.

Responce: Whad ya say your name was boy........

Your right, until that changes, the road to the dream is steep and icy.......

Edited by Cowboyz1

Heard some sound clips on the radio this a.m. from lovie and dungy regarding this. Dungy said it was special because it helps african-american kids to see that some day they could also be coaching instead of just playing. I like Dungy he seems like a great guy, but had a white man said that he would be still be on fire after being raked over the coals all day long.

Greeting: Hello sir, my name is content and this is my friend character.

Responce: Whad ya say your name was boy........

Your right, until that changes, the road to the dream is steep and icy.......

Sorry Cowboyz, but if you look in a mirror you might see a racist.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Heard some sound clips on the radio this a.m. from lovie and dungy regarding this. Dungy said it was special because it helps african-american kids to see that some day they could also be coaching instead of just playing. I like Dungy he seems like a great guy, but had a white man said that he would be still be on fire after being raked over the coals all day long.

why?

Its really the only interesting storyline left, other than Peyton Manning might finally live up to his billing as one of the best QBs ever.

No New Orleans phoenix rising from the ashes story this time around, which incidentally, confirms my faith in the NFL as still not being a fixed sport. If the NFL gmaes were fixed in any way, then the Saints would be in the Super Bowl for certain.

Sorry Cowboyz, but if you look in a mirror you might see a racist.

Dude, so far from it. But you know that example above, happened to me last year hunting in the Trinity alps! The guy turned out to be pretty cool after a couple of days getting to know eachother but he didn't even notice he did it which normally wouldn't have been the greatest ice breaker had he been talking to someone who doesn't make the effort overcome slips of the tougue and get to know the real guy.

Edit: I'd be remised if I didn't finish this story. By the end of the hunting trip we were all crying, laughing around the fire after I said, you know you may want to rethink your vocabulary especially when the guy you slip with is carrying a loaded .243 in the woods! The guy was from a small town in Georgia.

Edited by Cowboyz1

Dude, so far from it. But you know that example above, happened to me last year hunting in the Trinity alps! The guy turned out to be pretty cool after a couple of days getting to know eachother but he didn't even notice he did it which normally wouldn't have been the greatest ice breaker had he been talking to someone who doesn't make the effort overcome slips of the tougue and get to know the real guy.

Edit: I'd be remised if I didn't finish this story. By the end of the hunting trip we were all crying, laughing around the fire after I said, you know you may want to rethink your vocabulary especially when the guy you slip with is carrying a loaded .243 in the woods! The guy was from a small town in Georgia.

Here's the difference my forum name is not Dude and to be honest it's not really a name I'm used to being called by friends, but to be honest I didn't take offense when you called me that since I assumed it's just part of your vocabulary. My dad occassionally refers to black people as "colored" and he is not a racist. It's just part of his vociabulary. So the guy calling you "boy" probably didn't mean anything more than you calling me Dude.

I believe it is a very inspiring event in American history.

Far be it for me to tell someone what they should or should not think is inspiring. I take inspiration from a multitude of sources myself. Just not sure that this is that big a deal in American history. Don't think the history books will be recording 1/21 as an important date.

That said, great commentary in this thread. Race is always a touchy subject and I for one feel that it shouldn't have to be. When we stop looking at people by the color of their skin, we'll be better off as a society.

Not me. As long as the coach has a Chicago Bears hat on, he could be a three foot green midget spaghetti monster from Alpha Centauri for all I care.

:D and ain't that the truth. That's all people really care about as far as sidelines are concerned. Just so long as your teams colors are worn who cares what color their skin is.

Not me. As long as the coach has a Chicago Bears hat on, he could be a three foot green midget spaghetti monster from Alpha Centauri for all I care.

So you liked Wanny? :D