[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You Know Buffalo Sucks When...

spain

yuup...I hate all the hosts on 610 except Gary Cobb and someone else....the rest I hate...

and you know it's sad when Eskin is the bright spot in Philly sports media...

there are few writers I like and most of them try to make something out of nothing 103% of the time..

Eskin is not the bright spot on WIP. He's a yakker in the afternoon. How about Ray Didinger on WIP. Very knowledgeable and interesting. And Ron Jaworski, who is often heard on WIP, just got hired to replace the irritating Joe Theismann on Monday Night football. How many other cities, including Pittsburgh, have sports talk radio shows that are worth a listen? None? The reason Philly does - passionate fans.

It's pathetic to try to characterize Pittsburgh as some sort of sports mecca. :D

I take back my remarks about grouping Tampa as losers - I think Joey Galloway's great. He served me well on my fantasy team two years ago and I'm looking for "old man Galloway" to be a sleeper this year, especially if Jeff Garcia starts as GB.

:D

Only Philadelphia fans think they are special, everyone else laughs at them........

who said anything about special? :D ...

and if everyone laughs at us...at least we get a reaction....

I don't think anyone talks about pittsburgh when they think about top sports towns...

your team has 5 superbowls...don't be so defensive...if anything I should be the defensive one...

Eskin is not the bright spot on WIP. He's a yakker in the afternoon. How about Ray Didinger on WIP. Very knowledgeable and interesting. And Ron Jaworski, who is often heard on WIP, just got hired to replace the irritating Joe Theismann on Monday Night football. How many other cities, including Pittsburgh, have sports talk radio shows that are worth a listen? None? The reason Philly does - passionate fans.

It's pathetic to try to characterize Pittsburgh as some sort of sports mecca. :D

I take back my remarks about grouping Tampa as losers - I think Joey Galloway's great. He served me well on my fantasy team two years ago and I'm looking for "old man Galloway" to be a sleeper this year, especially if Jeff Garcia starts as GB.

Didinger is who I was thinking of but forgot the name....I don't recall Jaws on much...but Eckel provides a good show...

I hate the morning show....Glen Macknow...the midday show....

at least eskin is entertaining...

and I forget who is at night...but I hate big daddy graham as well...sometimes he's way off and will hang up on someone when he's clearly wrong...it's kinda funny actually..

who said anything about special? :D ...

and if everyone laughs at us...at least we get a reaction....

I don't think anyone talks about pittsburgh when they think about top sports towns...

your team has 5 superbowls...don't be so defensive...if anything I should be the defensive one...

True, fair enough.

You do know that this is simply me acting on my chance to rip on Philadelphia. 80% of my friends are Philly fans, so, the rivalry has always been there. I actually lived in Reading for a while, and listened to nothing but WIP, and it was certainly entertaining.

I know that Philly fans are passionate, but, acting like Pittsburgh fans aren't is wrong. Getting tickets to Eagles games is MUCH easier than getting tickets for Steelers games. I can say that with absolute certainty, because I"ve gotten both. The Steelers wait list is approximately 15-20 years long for season tickets. The Penguins get great support even in down years. The Pirates support is a bit weak, but, they haven't had a winning season since 1992 and people are sick of it. Pittsburgh does have radio personalities like Stan Savran and Mark Madden, who is the Pittsburgh version of Eskin. In all honesty, I think both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have very strong, dedicated fanbases, which is a testament to Pennsylvania sports. However, the Pittsburgh fans have been rewarded much more..................... :D:tup:

Philadelphia, the city itself, and their classless fans, suck. Everybody is keenly aware of the fact that Philly and its fans are a complete joke save for the cretins who live in that shi@thole. The Philadelphia fan base exhibits everything that is wrong in sports today. Rude, crude, unsportsmanlike, and just plain stupid. They are a reflection on that vast 2nd rate ghetto from which they sprang. Whenever we have a poll asking who has the most classless fans, the Eagles win hands down. And that is quite an accomplishment what with the Raiders still having a small remnant left on their bandwagon. The Philly fans have a well deserved reputation for being complete dick heads. And it will take a long long long time and complete attitude adjustment to ever change that.

Didinger is who I was thinking of but forgot the name....I don't recall Jaws on much...but Eckel provides a good show...

I hate the morning show....Glen Macknow...the midday show....

at least eskin is entertaining...

and I forget who is at night...but I hate big daddy graham as well...sometimes he's way off and will hang up on someone when he's clearly wrong...it's kinda funny actually..

Didinger is the best hands down. Glen Macnow is very good too, especially when it comes to hockey. Eskins is only good if you kiss his a$$. He knows his stuff, but will NEVER admit he is wrong. The morning show isn't even about sports anymore. Cataldi just droools over pretty youngs girls and then they talk about how cheap he is. Rhea Hughes is the only one worth listening to in the morning. I used to like Gargano, but now I can't stand him with Steve Martoano. Paul Jolovitz isn't bad either.

Philadelphia, the city itself, and their classless fans, suck. Everybody is keenly aware of the fact that Philly and its fans are a complete joke save for the cretins who live in that shi@thole. The Philadelphia fan base exhibits everything that is wrong in sports today. Rude, crude, unsportsmanlike, and just plain stupid. They are a reflection on that vast 2nd rate ghetto from which they sprang. Whenever we have a poll asking who has the most classless fans, the Eagles win hands down. And that is quite an accomplishment what with the Raiders still having a small remnant left on their bandwagon. The Philly fans have a well deserved reputation for being complete dick heads. And it will take a long long long time and complete attitude adjustment to ever change that.

Your vocabulary is way over my head. Define "dick head." Are you the everybody in "Everybody is keenly aware..."? Or does this include the entire human race? And what's the difference in years between a long time and a long long long time. "Rude, crude, unsportsmanlike, and just plain stupid..." Are you sure you don't have us mixed up with New York fans? You seem confused. :D

True, fair enough.

You do know that this is simply me acting on my chance to rip on Philadelphia. 80% of my friends are Philly fans, so, the rivalry has always been there. I actually lived in Reading for a while, and listened to nothing but WIP, and it was certainly entertaining.

I know that Philly fans are passionate, but, acting like Pittsburgh fans aren't is wrong. Getting tickets to Eagles games is MUCH easier than getting tickets for Steelers games. I can say that with absolute certainty, because I"ve gotten both. The Steelers wait list is approximately 15-20 years long for season tickets. The Penguins get great support even in down years. The Pirates support is a bit weak, but, they haven't had a winning season since 1992 and people are sick of it. Pittsburgh does have radio personalities like Stan Savran and Mark Madden, who is the Pittsburgh version of Eskin. In all honesty, I think both Pittsburgh and Philadelphia have very strong, dedicated fanbases, which is a testament to Pennsylvania sports. However, the Pittsburgh fans have been rewarded much more..................... :D:D

yeah I was really just busting balls..:tup:

bitter much? ahah

Your vocabulary is way over my head. Define "dick head." Are you the everybody in "Everybody is keenly aware..."? Or does this include the entire human race? And what's the difference in years between a long time and a long long long time. "Rude, crude, unsportsmanlike, and just plain stupid..." Are you sure you don't have us mixed up with New York fans? You seem confused. :D

he probably came to philly once and people made fun of his accent or something and ever since then his tidey whiteys have been riding crack for so long that he's broken out in hives...

Edited by Avernus

he probably came to philly once and people made fun of his accent or something and ever since then his tidey whiteys have been riding crack for so long that he's broken out in hives...

That, or I'm thinking he's just a Megan Fox bag.

:D

Or maybe the overwhelming majority of the people are right and Philly really does suck...

Yea, maybe. Great post again as usual. You truly bring so much insight. Honestly, the Huddle should commend you for being such a valued customer. :D

Actually, Philly fans do indeed have a very bad rep as far as what the NYG fans I know have told me. When the Eagles are at Giants stadium, there are about 2000 or so that show up in the parking lot with no tickets and no intention of getting into the stadium. They park in one section, get rip roaring drunk and pretty much terrorize the Giants fans in the parking lot, pissing on people's cars, even into gas tanks, etc. I know that not all Eagles fans are jerks like these characters are, but they do give Philly fans a bad rep, that's for sure.

Actually, Philly fans do indeed have a very bad rep as far as what the NYG fans I know have told me. When the Eagles are at Giants stadium, there are about 2000 or so that show up in the parking lot with no tickets and no intention of getting into the stadium. They park in one section, get rip roaring drunk and pretty much terrorize the Giants fans in the parking lot, pissing on people's cars, even into gas tanks, etc. I know that not all Eagles fans are jerks like these characters are, but they do give Philly fans a bad rep, that's for sure.

the dirty 30?

Didinger is the best hands down. Glen Macnow is very good too, especially when it comes to hockey. Eskins is only good if you kiss his a$$. He knows his stuff, but will NEVER admit he is wrong. The morning show isn't even about sports anymore. Cataldi just droools over pretty youngs girls and then they talk about how cheap he is. Rhea Hughes is the only one worth listening to in the morning. I used to like Gargano, but now I can't stand him with Steve Martoano. Paul Jolovitz isn't bad either.

Glen is wrong way too often and acts like a girl sometimes...

and yeah, I hate when Eskin gets his ass kissed...but he at least knows what he's talking about...in football...the 3 other spots he's clueless and he's an obvious PR guy for the Eagles...

and yeah the morning show still ha sbright spots with Hugh Douglas popping in and a few others....but its weak IMO...

and Gargano is a bum...I remember when he started up those "trade for Urlacher" rumors out of nowhere in the offseason because things were slow.....and he brought it up a month later as well....he's an idiot...as well as Steve...

Jolovitz isn't bad...