[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan - Notre Dame Series

The Wolf

As per ESPN:

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan won't settle for just any opponent when its football series with Notre Dame takes a break after the 2011 season, the school's athletic director says.

Michigan will play a national power from a major conference, most likely in a home-and-home series, athletic director Bill Martin told The Ann Arbor News for a story posted on its Web site Tuesday evening.

"There are a lot of teams Michigan would like to play and who would like to play Michigan," Martin said.

Martin declined to name names but said he's been approached by several schools.

Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White last week announced that Oklahoma would replace Michigan for two years after the current contract expires.

White said the goal is to play in different parts of the country in an attempt to return Notre Dame to its independent roots.

But the rivalry isn't going to disappear.

Martin said he and White will meet soon to continue contract talks.

I've heard it was a 2 year hiatus, but ahve also heard something that might make it 3: part of the pressure came from UM who wanted to schedule the games so they weren't home against ND the same year they were against OSU. Moreso to avoid both those teams as road opponents in the same season. I think that makes a bit of sense.

I'm glad ND replaced them with OU to smack around. There's good history between those teams.

good for Michigan. They can finally get out and play a real NC game instead of the Irish.

UM ND

09/23/1978 Michigan 14 28 L

09/15/1979 Michigan 12 10 W

09/20/1980 Michigan 29 27 W

09/19/1981 Michigan 7 25 L

09/18/1982 Michigan 23 17 W

09/14/1985 Michigan 12 20 L

09/13/1986 Michigan 23 24 L

09/12/1987 Michigan 26 7 W

09/10/1988 Michigan 19 17 W

09/16/1989 Michigan 24 19 W

09/15/1990 Michigan 28 24 W

09/14/1991 Michigan 14 24 L

09/12/1992 Michigan 17 17 TIE

09/11/1993 Michigan 27 23 W

09/10/1994 Michigan 24 26 L

09/27/1997 Michigan 14 21 L

09/05/1998 Michigan 36 20 W

09/04/1999 Michigan 22 26 L

09/14/2002 Michigan 25 23 W

09/13/2003 Michigan 0 38 L

09/11/2004 Michigan 28 20 W

09/10/2005 Michigan 17 10 W

09/16/2006 Michigan 21 47 L

Since 1978. Notre Dame is 12 - 10 - 1 against the Blue so I'm not sure what you're really talking about. Except, perhaps more wins for Michigan - we'll see about that Big Time replacement. Besides, I see two 2 year breaks in there so it's not something unusual.

I've heard it was a 2 year hiatus, but ahve also heard something that might make it 3: part of the pressure came from UM who wanted to schedule the games so they weren't home against ND the same year they were against OSU. Moreso to avoid both those teams as road opponents in the same season. I think that makes a bit of sense.

I'm glad ND replaced them with OU to smack around. There's good history between those teams.

Notre Dame smack OU around. Thats funny. ND may get shut out.

Teams I hate:

1. Buckeye

2. Irish

3. PAC 10

4. Everyone else

Go Blue.

Signed,

Inaugural Season BcS FF Champ

Another hater, I see. Well, since we know haters are usually jealous of those they claim to hate, this list makes perfect sense. Outside of the Irish, of course.

FIGHT ON

Another hater, I see. Well, since we know haters are usually jealous of those they claim to hate, this list makes perfect sense. Outside of the Irish, of course.

FIGHT ON

I don't know about jealous, but when you're a Michigan fan living in Ohio, you learn to hate the Buckeye, often more than you love the Maize and Blue. No fan base in the nation compares in the "Blind Homerism" category.

I had a great high school teacher who attended Rutgers, but as a newb to the BcS league... I have to hate 'em. :D

No hard feelings...but my Knights will circle the date when we play Gonk! Uhhh...that is once TOS and Sarge make the schedule...

Edited by The Wolf

By the 4th quarter, they will be throwing it every down. I dont think Stoops will worry about that play up by 40.

Because they'll be throwing every down up by 40. :D

We'll have 4 years to wait. Oughtta be fun. Maybe you can get started on another winning streak for the Irish to bust up again?

Because they'll be throwing every down up by 40. :D

We'll have 4 years to wait. Oughtta be fun. Maybe you can get started on another winning streak for the Irish to bust up again?

Im pretty sure, I was perfectly clear in my post. But for the ignorant like yourself, Ill clarify in 2nd grade terminology.

Notre Dame will be down by 40, thus I doubt Stoops worries much about the Statue of Liberty play.

Notre dame is the most over-rated team year in, year out in the country. They continually get the sh*t kicked out of them in bowl games, they have no business being in, and should just join the Big East, where they actually have a chance to compete every week.

Im pretty sure, I was perfectly clear in my post. But for the ignorant like yourself, Ill clarify in 2nd grade terminology.

Notre Dame will be down by 40, thus I doubt Stoops worries much about the Statue of Liberty play.

Notre dame is the most over-rated team year in, year out in the country. They continually get the sh*t kicked out of them in bowl games, they have no business being in, and should just join the Big East, where they actually have a chance to compete every week.

I'd love to watch Rutgers wipe the floor with this team...

Rutgers beats Notre Dame...who'd ever have thought those words would be uttered...! I'm gettin all teary-eyed just thinking about it.

2nd grade? Is that when you stopped learning the proper use of commas? If you want to go there, and I don't think you do, your writing wouldn't academically hold up, especially given how you change the subject. There will be no shutout.

Rutgers beats Notre Dame...who'd ever have thought those words would be uttered...! I'm gettin all teary-eyed just thinking about it.

My mouth waters at the thought of chocolate falling from the sky, but that doesn't mean it has the slightest chance of happening.

Edited by Pope Flick

Out of curiosity, what is the record of OU vs ND? Lemme guess, OU should have won all of those games too? :D

And as for losing big bowl games, I will defer to the experts:

1/4/04 - Loss 21-14 LSU

1/4/05 - Loss 55-19 (but they were really "in the game" the whole time :D ) USC

1/1/07 - Loss 43-42 to some team from Idaho?

UMMMMMM has NewJerseyU akaRutgers akeArmpitU beaten ND in recent history? I think not. It is a waste of ND's time bothering with NJU. OKla will get theirs as well, here's to the IRISH

UMMMMMM has NewJerseyU akaRutgers akeArmpitU beaten ND in recent history? I think not. It is a waste of ND's time bothering with NJU. OKla will get theirs as well, here's to the IRISH

it's been 5 years since they last played. Big difference in the two programs since then, is it not? We've actually won a bowl game...