[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Loogie's Sleeper Picks for 07

LooGie

I have a few sleeper picks up my sleeve, and I am SHOCKED that these guys aren't being taken higher. I didn't post sooner, because, well, i'm stingy like that.

#5. LaMont Jordan. People forget what this guy did for PPR leagues, in 05. He was top 10 and always had good games. Then he got hurt, and then Art Shell came along, and forgot that this guy was on the roster. His durability scares me, but I dont see Rhodes being anything more than what Droughns is at this point for NYG.

#4 Randy Moss. Sure, he's been a bum, and yes, he plays for Mr. Spread-it around, but Brady has never had a receiver of this caliber, and with Stallworth, Randy should be able to go deep quite a bit. I am fully expecting Moss to be a top 3 WR pick in 08, and am predicting him ahead of Chad. Brady may spread it around, and Belichik doesn't go deep often, but neither is stupid, and they know when they have a good thing going. 11 TDs would sort of disappoint me, to be honest.

#3. Ahman Green. This guy used to be a first round pick. The injuries (past and upcoming) certainly scare me, but he's being taken so late in drafts, he has no choice but to be a sleeper. With Schaub on the team (who would be my #6 choice) I think the passing game will leave 7 in the box, and Green will run all day, setting up the play action, which leads to even more running.

#2. Arnaz Battle. Had some awesome games before, and with DJax there, no reason not to have more. I rank him #2, because he could've been drafted later than most kickers...he's my dark horse...

#1 Trent Green. Are you kidding me? he probably still in your FA pool as I type this. This guy has been Top 5 QB material in the past. Moving to MIA, where Ronnie Brown should start to really come into his own, will open up the play action, and Chambers and co, should be on this list too!

and there you have it.

My honorable mention?

Schaub, as I said above. I like him, but have nothing to base it on, except him doing well as a backup in ATL.

So, if you forget him, I'm in love with Muhammed and Edge, and scared to death of the downside....toss up between them, but i give the EDGE to EDGE :D

Busts, you ask?

Gore.

SA

Maroney

Harrison (in the sense that Wayne takes over this year, by a long shot i think)

Benson.

I have a few sleeper picks up my sleeve, and I am SHOCKED that these guys aren't being taken higher. I didn't post sooner, because, well, i'm stingy like that.

#5. LaMont Jordan. People forget what this guy did for PPR leagues, in 05. He was top 10 and always had good games. Then he got hurt, and then Art Shell came along, and forgot that this guy was on the roster. His durability scares me, but I dont see Rhodes being anything more than what Droughns is at this point for NYG.

Totally agree

#4 Randy Moss. Sure, he's been a bum, and yes, he plays for Mr. Spread-it around, but Brady has never had a receiver of this caliber, and with Stallworth, Randy should be able to go deep quite a bit. I am fully expecting Moss to be a top 3 WR pick in 08, and am predicting him ahead of Chad. Brady may spread it around, and Belichik doesn't go deep often, but neither is stupid, and they know when they have a good thing going. 11 TDs would sort of disappoint me, to be honest.

All hinges on his health

#3. Ahman Green. This guy used to be a first round pick. The injuries (past and upcoming) certainly scare me, but he's being taken so late in drafts, he has no choice but to be a sleeper. With Schaub on the team (who would be my #6 choice) I think the passing game will leave 7 in the box, and Green will run all day, setting up the play action, which leads to even more running.

Totally agree

#2. Arnaz Battle. Had some awesome games before, and with DJax there, no reason not to have more. I rank him #2, because he could've been drafted later than most kickers...he's my dark horse...

I agree somewhat

#1 Trent Green. Are you kidding me? he probably still in your FA pool as I type this. This guy has been Top 5 QB material in the past. Moving to MIA, where Ronnie Brown should start to really come into his own, will open up the play action, and Chambers and co, should be on this list too!

Not so much

Agreed at least somewhat with all of those, except Trent Green. Despite being a very solid QB recently, he's 37, one concussion away from permanent brain damage, and was signed by an incompetent organization with a mediocre offense.

that's what he was on KC too...except...you know..opposite... :D

edit: Vermeil's offense...not Hermander in Chiefs

Edited by LooGie

I like the Battle, Green and Jordan picks...

especially with DJax openly admittinng that he and Alex have no chemistry and hardly working out with each other...

but VDavis is the player I expect to benefit from this more..

yes. i love Davis this year, but he's hardly a sleeper, if anything, he's over valued...but probably not

One player that I've targeted in a couple of drafts is D. Foster. I really drafted him for depth, but he has been just been fantastic in preseason and is the starter for Carolina this year. I can't believe I'm high on him this year as he completely burned me last year, but he is being drafted fairly late (7th round or later in a 12 team league) and he is going to completely out produce his draft position. He may end up being a top 15 back this year. I like him as a sleeper.

Another player I'm starting to warm up to a little is Lendale White. It sounds like he's finally kicked the laziness and is starting to look really good. I don't have him in any leagues, but he has a chance to really surprise.

Edited by NAUgrad

One player that I've targeted in a couple of drafts is D. Foster. I really drafted him for depth, but he has been just been fantastic in preseason and is the starter for Carolina this year. I can't believe I'm high on him this year as he completely burned me last year, but he is being drafted fairly late (7th round or later in a 12 team league) and he is going to completely out produce his draft position. He may end up being a top 15 back this year. I like him as a sleeper.

Another player I'm starting to warm up to a little is Lendale White. It sounds like he's finally kicked the laziness and is starting to look really good. I don't have him in any leagues, but he has a chance to really surprise.

:D:D

Not even close. I'm predicting out of a job.

I hope you're right.

5 sleeper picks, 1 per skill position and a Defense. Sleeper means they outperform their ADP.

QB: Jason Campbell. Culter is getting all the love as the darling new starter, but Campbell's numbers were as good down the stretch. With a healthier Portis taking some of the pressure off, I like this guy as the late round steal he has been. Will be a nice sleeper QB to have as a QB2. Top 15 numbers, ADP QB25

RB: Edge. He has been a late second round, and sometimes early third round pick. Defenses can not key on this run game this season. The Cards finally have stability at QB and 3 legitimate receiving threats. THeir new HC loves to run, so expect a lot of Edge. Top 10 numbers at the position, ADP RB16

WR: Deion Branch. He has always had the skills, but people have doubted his durability and his Steve Smith like stature. I use that analogy for the reason that is obvious. Branch will be in sync with Hasselback this season, and will creep towards the top 10 for WRs, probably settling somewhere in the 12-15 range at the position. ADP is approximately WR19

TE: Dan Graham. Last year's darling TE was Ben Watson. People recognized the talent, just not the impact Dan Graham would have on his numbers. See, Graham is vitrually an extra OT on the field with his blocking skillz, and while maybe not quite as good a pass receiver as Watson, still a very good one. He was always there to steal touches and did. These skillz will keep him on the field in Denver for the majority of the team's snaps. Dan Graham, who will be the top TE in DEN, not Tony Scheffler. Top 12 numbers are within reach, from an ADP of TE20

DST: Da Raiders. This is a nice unit, and played really well last season considering the horrific performance of the offense. This team should perform significantly better on the other side of the ball, and keep the D unit more fresh. Rebound performances from Culpepper, Jordan, and Porter and some good play from Zach Miller makes this happen. Burgess on the D-Line and Huff in the secondary anchor this squad. ADP of 15, should be a top 10 unit.

DST: Da Raiders. This is a nice unit, and played really well last season considering the horrific performance of the offense. This team should perform significantly better on the other side of the ball, and keep the D unit more fresh. Rebound performances from Culpepper, Jordan, and Porter and some good play from Zach Miller makes this happen. Burgess on the D-Line and Huff in the secondary anchor this squad. ADP of 15, should be a top 10 unit.

totally disagree with this. Not because they'll suck, but because they're not a sleeper. They were great last year, and were on the field CONSTANTLY! Not that much of a sleeper if you ask me. I think they're one of the first few DEF to go, after the obvious choices...

RB: Leon Washington, Fred Taylor (what? A 1000 yard rusher as a sleeper? huh? I'm not ready to crown MJD. Freddie showed last year he has a lot in the tank. MJD needs Freddie as much as Freddie needs MJD)

WR: Ronald Curry, Patrick Crayton (FA-to-be + Glenn's already had knee surgery and now swelling in the knee)

TE: It's all about Vernon Davis. None of the other sleepers really matter.

totally disagree with this. Not because they'll suck, but because they're not a sleeper. They were great last year, and were on the field CONSTANTLY! Not that much of a sleeper if you ask me. I think they're one of the first few DEF to go, after the obvious choices...

Well...to be honest, none of your sleeper picks can really be classified as sleepers, except maybe Battle. They're all former studs, or semi studs, that you expect to rebound. :D

But nice list all the same. :D

Edited by Big Score 1

Well, unfortunately for you, you are wrong on that point. They are not one of the first few defenses to go.

Check draft tracker on MFL.com. The Raiders ADP is 15. They might not be a sleeper to you, but according to their ADP versus where I am predicting them, they qualify.

EDIT TO ADD: And to be clear, I used the maximum percentage of drafts at which the Raiders were still on the list, which I believe was only 45% of drafts, and also used only the most recent draft data available. This means they aren't even being chosen in over 50% of all drafts conducted in the last 2 weeks. If that does not qualify a team as a sleeper, I don't know what does.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Well...to be honest, none of your sleeper picks can really be classified as sleepers, except maybe Battle. They're all former studs, or semi studs, that you expect to rebound. :D

But nice list all the same. :D

heh, no i mean, they're being all that "slept" on. they're were being taken in the top 10 DEF if IIRc, but i was pretty hammered all off season :wacko:

Well, unfortunately for you, you are wrong on that point. They are not one of the first few defenses to go.

Check draft tracker on MFL.com. The Raiders ADP is 15. They might not be a sleeper to you, but according to their ADP versus where I am predicting them, they qualify.

EDIT TO ADD: And to be clear, I used the maximum percentage of drafts at which the Raiders were still on the list, which I believe was only 45% of drafts, and also used only the most recent draft data available. This means they aren't even being chosen in over 50% of all drafts conducted in the last 2 weeks. If that does not qualify a team as a sleeper, I don't know what does.

then i stand corrected. I considered them a very worthy defense to have, and as I usually draft my DEF very late, they were always gone in my leagues.

I wasn't aware alot of people weren't considering them as high as they played last year. I expect them to be even better this year, since they shouldn't be on the field for 55 minutes a game..

• 4 weeks later...

After week 4, not looking so bad....it's nice when you're sorta kinda right..half the time :wacko: I'm gonna half way quote myself...

#5. LaMont Jordan.

Figured I should do this after week 4, now that he's hurt and Rhodes is coming back next week..I wont look nearly as smart next week.

#4 Randy Moss.

:sick: Nail on the head baby!

#3. Ahman Green.

eh..not terrible...

#2. Arnaz Battle.

:D Well at least I didn't suggest DJax

#1 Trent Green.

eh...The Free Agent Forecast likes him...i still do too

My honorable mention?

Schaub,

Not bad...

"So, if you forget him, I'm in love with Muhammed and Edge, and scared to death of the downside....toss up between them, but i give the EDGE to EDGE :wacko:"

:wacko: Muhammed is like death (maybe better now with Greise though) but at least I picked Edge over him...

Busts, you ask?

Gore. :D

SA eh...

Maroney :wacko:

Harrison (in the sense that Wayne takes over this year, by a long shot i think) :D eh...hope it's not too hurt..but looks like I may be right here

Benson.This guy is hit or miss, but certainly wasn't worth the high draft picks

Harrison (in the sense that Wayne takes over this year, by a long shot i think) :D eh...hope it's not too hurt..but looks like I may be right here

Well, the guy is 35 now. 1,000 yds and double-digit TDs are more of a bonus at that age than anything else.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if Wayne were somewhat of a bust this year as well (considering the expectations), with Clark, Gonzalez, and Fletcher stealing a ton of his receptions.

Benson.This guy is hit or miss, but certainly wasn't worth the high draft picks

Mostly miss. Benson is soft as a cupcake and a major bust.

I wouldnt call Gore a bust yet... in the first two weeks he scored td's and this week he put up over 100 yards... He just hasn't had any big weeks yet. I think he'll be fine.

You're wrong about Gore.

um..guys, pay attention here. That's why I put the bag over my head. I made the predictions before the year started. Now I"m coming back to them. For the most part, i've been really good. Gore is my :D He's not doing #3 pick good, but he's certainly not a bust, and worthy of me acknowledging it. Jeez..tough crowd.

5 sleeper picks, 1 per skill position and a Defense. Sleeper means they outperform their ADP.

QB: Jason Campbell. ADP QB25 currently QB25, but that's counting his bye week. TBD

RB: Edge. ADP RB16 currently RB8

WR: Deion Branch. ADP is approximately WR19 currently WR 19, but this includes scoring a '0' in week one. His average in games since has him at about WR 7

TE: Dan Graham. Top 12 numbers are within reach, from an ADP of TE20 :D

DST: Da Raiders. ADP of 15, should be a top 10 unit.currenlty 22 :D

I still think Campbell will surprise. 2.5 out of 5 so far.