[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Terry Glenn out for two weeks or more

ThatDude

ESPN's Matt Mosley reports Terry Glenn will miss the season due to complications in his recovery from arthroscopic knee surgery.

A member of the organization told Mosley, who used to cover the Cowboys, that Glenn is indeed lost for the season. An article saying so was posted on Dallas' team site Thursday, but pulled when owner Jerry Jones decided to hold off on making the announcement formally. Jones said in a revised story that Glenn would miss "at least two weeks."

ESPN.com

-----------------

Crayton's a solid option in redraft/keeper leagues (great timing as he's a 2008 FA).

Despite speculation last week that Glenn could be out for the entire season, the Cowboys wide receiver opted for a surgical procedure on Thursday that could allow him to return to the field this year, possibly around mid-season.

Glenn had a scope Aug. 1 to remove a cyst from the back of his right kneecap but suffered cartilage damage on Sept. 5, his first full practice with the team, in an unrelated injury. He went to Dr. Christopher Kaeding at Ohio State Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio, for a second opinion.

Cowboys team spokesman Rich Dalrymple said Glenn went back to his former school and visited Kaeding, OSU's team orthopedic surgeon since 1991, with the intention of "doing whatever was needed" to play again this season.

Glenn also had the option of undergoing microfracture surgery that stimulates re-growth of the cartilage, which would end his season but possibly jeopardize his playing career considering the 12th-year veteran just turned 33 in July. Instead he chose to have the damaged cartilage removed, which gives him a chance to return in 2007.

"Terry really wants to play this season," Dalrymple said. "And this was a procedure that allows Terry to play this year."

And for that, head coach Wade Phillips said he applauded Glenn's unselfishness and his willingness to remain a part of the team this year.

"Some players certainly would've said 'My season is through,'" Phillips said in Thursday's press conference. "For him to say 'I'm going to try everything I can to be a part of this team,' I think tells you what kind of person he is."

The Cowboys don't have a timetable for Glenn's return, although it could be close to the middle of the season.

cowboys.com

almost zero fantasy value at this point...

one member of a league I am in just picked him up after I cut him this past weekend...I thought I was in trouble, but this report alleviates my fears...he is nothing more than roster-filler at this point. Crayton will have a solid grasp on the job buy the time Glenn is ready to play.

almost zero fantasy value at this point...

one member of a league I am in just picked him up after I cut him this past weekend...I thought I was in trouble, but this report alleviates my fears...he is nothing more than roster-filler at this point. Crayton will have a solid grasp on the job buy the time Glenn is ready to play.

I have to agree. I dropped Glenn last week when first announced and picked-up Crayton. Witten also looks to be a big part of this offense as well. Dallas seems to have depth on offense, both passing and rushing, and I don't think the return of Glenn, whenever that happens, will have much impact. BTW, Glenn's not worth a roster spot based on speculation (at least for the forseeable future) :D !

Edited by Rileyrott

And spare for the Pack as well.

I cannot stand the guy for what he did in his season as a Packer, but I respect what he's doing.

He said in an interview on local radio that he was told he couldn't reinjure his knee, which they lied to him about...

And yet, he's still loyal to a team that put him at risk.

Okay, so it's a mid-season return. Possibly a little later. Crayton retains some value, possibly as a #3 if he catches a few TDs.

And if the Cowboys are looking at the playoffs Glenn could be a nice wrinkle in the plans. Probably not much but if the guy catches a couple of balls en route to the Super Bowl he's a storyline. If the 'Boys make it to the Super Bowl he's a Hero.

I've liked Glenn the past couple of years. He's played really tough and athletic. Time is catching up to this guy and he may have one last push. I would like to see it as a football fan.

On the other hand, he will have no fantasy relevance.