[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU/Florida

SLAYER

Tigers win, but Floridas d exposes them. Auburn should be able to handle LSU.

Yeah cause they showed so much against SFU. Dont count on Auburn being anywhere near as tough for LSU to figure out as Florida was. :D

Florida is a good team. LSU is better. Great teams don't have turnovers when it matters most. Great teams find a way to win. Some call it lucky. Great teams create their luck. Congrats to LSU. They deserved this win because they made it happen.

(but this Florida team is young. they almost all come back next year.)

This was the team I feared as an LSU fan and they proved me right. Great game!

Have to agree with the above here, great game Florida and as stated in my first statement it was going to be a great game and close game. LSU did play their hearts out in the second half.

Auburn beat Florida in the swamp, they have a better defense than Florida, I see no way LSU is able to move the ball. Florida's secondary was in question, and Flynn looked confused all day long. If AU doesn't hand the ball to LSU in there own territory like Florida did, I see no reason why Auburn can't beat LSU. Just my opinion.

Auburn beat Florida in the swamp, they have a better defense than Florida, I see no way LSU is able to move the ball. Florida's secondary was in question, and Flynn looked confused all day long. If AU doesn't hand the ball to LSU in there own territory like Florida did, I see no reason why Auburn can't beat LSU. Just my opinion.

Florida played a much better offensive game against LSU than Auburn (excepting, of course, the two turnovers). Against Auburn, our offensive was boring and predictable. We mixed it up much better against LSU. If we had played the game against Auburn that we played against LSU, I think the Gators would have won.

It will take quite a bit of good fortune for Florida to make it back to the SEC championship game. I hope we do. I'd like another shot at LSU. I think it would be another great game.

As of now if Tennessee wins out they win the right to go to Alanta otherwise it could be South Carolina.

yep...need a tennessee loss, which is not impossible. Florida plays SC, so we can control that.

Yep, but Spurrier plays Florida tough. 2 years ago Florida lost at Williams-Brice, last year Florida squeaked out a 3 point win at home because of Jarvis Moss blocking 2 kicks.

It will be another great game at Columbia, and I'll be there!

Edited by CD6405

Sorry about that. I'm still getting used to the new kids in the neighborhood. Now that they will be top 5 everyone will know them!

No problem. I'm just having a blast having a legit reason to talk about my Bulls at every turn.

LSU= Overrated. We had that game in our hands.....Moore fumbles and then Tebow throws a pick that wasn't his fault. BS

UMMM? Overrated? You are going to have to do better than make a couple of excuses as to why you lost for me to understand this statement. Do you agree that Florida has a good football team? If so then explain why LSU beating them in a very tough game does anything but bolster the fact that they are the best team in the country right now. Have you watched any college football this season? The top teams are dropping like flies and LSU is still undefeated. :D

LSU= Overrated. We had that game in our hands.....Moore fumbles and then Tebow throws a pick that wasn't his fault. BS

There is no bigger Florida fan than me. Put bluntly, your post reeks of BS.

Look at Florida last year--we lost to Auburn. We barely beat South Carolina. We had so many close games against teams we thought we should rout. But Florida kept winning.

Yes, last night, Florida had the game in their hands. And last year's team would have won. Last year's team was great. I've rarely seen a defense that strong. This year's team is good, but young. Last night, if Florida stops just one of those 4th down attempts by LSU, Florida likely wins. Florida couldn't stop LSU when they needed to. Or LSU made the plays when they needed to. It is early to say if LSU is great, but they keep doing what they need to do to win. Great teams don't walk around saying "If this had happened, we would have won." Great teams find a way to win.

Edited by untateve

Gotta say Saturday night's game lived up to it's billing as the #1 most anticipated matchup of the season. College football's defending National Champion Gators coming into Tiger Stadium with their backs to the wall to face this year's number one ranked team. Heavyweight fight is the best way to describe this Florida vs. LSU game. Two great SEC teams playing their hearts out. Just too bad the Gators had to drop in the polls after giving such a great performance.

Geaux Tigers!

Really enjoyed watching it. Awesome atmosphere in Baton Rouge- great battle between 2 pretty evenly matched teams. I htink if these teams play 10 times, it would be a 5/5 split- but hey- LSU got it done........

IMO- the SEC has the much stronger, faster, physical Defenses than the Pac 10 does. BUT the Pac 10 (minus USC bed shatting vs Stanford) has the superior offensive players and schemes that would make a Cal/OR vs an LSU/FLA - a great matchup.

For now- I would love to see Cal vs LSU for all the marbles...............

Really enjoyed watching it. Awesome atmosphere in Baton Rouge- great battle between 2 pretty evenly matched teams. I htink if these teams play 10 times, it would be a 5/5 split- but hey- LSU got it done........

IMO- the SEC has the much stronger, faster, physical Defenses than the Pac 10 does. BUT the Pac 10 (minus USC bed shatting vs Stanford) has the superior offensive players and schemes that would make a Cal/OR vs an LSU/FLA - a great matchup.

For now- I would love to see Cal vs LSU for all the marbles...............

Cal will do the same thing as Sc before the season is over. No Pac-10 team makes the NC. It will be 2 of 3 teams. LSU, OSU or OU.

Cal will do the same thing as Sc before the season is over. No Pac-10 team makes the NC. It will be 2 of 3 teams. LSU, OSU or OU.

possibly- and OSU and OU are gonna benefit from the Big 12 and Big 10 being so soft this year, no question. While the USC/CAL/OU/ASU may have too many L 's when all is said and done.

possibly- and OSU and OU are gonna benefit from the Big 12 and Big 10 being so soft this year, no question. While the USC/CAL/OU/ASU may have too many L 's when all is said and done.

Bingo. Once again, one team from each the Big 10 and Big 12 will get fat off the mediocrity of the rest of those conferences, homers will thump their chests and then they'll get made to look silly in the Rose Bowl and BCS title game. Well, assuming Okie doesn't get slapped around by Hawaii or something in the Fiesta Bowl.

match ups are more important this yr than ever. Since there is no 1 dominant team on both sides of the ball, matchups are key to what happens the rest of the season. . LSU is over rated on D, no doubt about it. And their pass O is terrible. OU stops the run very well. and can throw on LSU. LSU isnt good enough throwing to expose OU's weakness in the secondary, where CAl or SC certainly would. Cal doesnt have the D to stop LSUs run game, so they keep the Cal O off the field and their D does just enough to get it done. OSU doesnt have the vertical passing game, that OU or Cal, but they have a nice running game. LSU stops the run completely, which is why they are over rates. They do not face a passing team that has a D to stop the run, to give them the L, yet anyway. But that is certainly the key to beating the Sh*tty Cats from Baton Rouge.