[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 12 in NC game

BS Miscreant

Lets see... Florida won the SEC... 1990, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, and 2000. Again I ask, I wonder if the media was talking about how easy the SEC was to dominate?

In April 2007, after Florida beat Ohio State's teams in both the football and basketball national championship games, Spurrier was quoted as saying "We've kind of turned Ohio State into Runner-up U., haven't we?"[1] The royal "we" in this statement was partially in reference to the Gators' recent dominance of Ohio State, as well as South Carolina's back-to-back wins over Ohio State in the Outback Bowl in 2001 and 2002.

How ironic that a past SEC Gator coach knocks tOhio State out of the NC game. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

There is little doubt, Ohio State has been the SEC's b|tch for basically the past 3 decades. People were saying the same thing about Florida being Michigan State's b|tch a few years back, when MSU beat them in the Citrus Bowl, then went on to beat them once in the regular season and the national championship in Basketball, and then again in the regular season the next year. Some schools just have other schools numbers I guess.

Doesn't look that difficult to dominate in a conference like the Big 12. Last time I checked the team leading is Kansas a ball club who has never had a conference W/L record better .500 What a freakin joke of a conference. :D

Mizzou is good- I predict they beat KU and give OU all they can handle in the Big 12 title game, they looked pretty evenly matched in the first game.

Mizzou doesn't get much pub- but that squad is tough- KU? we will find out, they no doubt have had one of the easiest schedules in a BCS conference with a joke NC, and not having to play Texas, OKL, TTech

What does Florida beating Ohio State have anything to do with how one team dominates a conference. Florida dominated the SEC in the 90's, and the point is, no one back then said something foolish like "well the SEC can't be that tough, the same team wins every year." That's the point. Oh and by the way, a couple of those times, Florida went outside the conference and got thumped by teams like Notre Dame, Florida State, and wasn't there a certain Fiesta Bowl vs a certain Nebraska team? Point is, does that mean the SEC was any less of a conference? No absolutely not.

Seriously, one reason why Ohio State and more so the Big 10 has lost alot of respect this season can be directly attributed to the Midwest football fans trying to push for a rematch between two Big 10 teams for the BCS NC last season. They screamed for it despite the fact those two teams had played their last game of the season against each other. According to them no other team was worthy.

To be honest the Big 10 could have really come away looking great IF both Ohio State and Michigan would have won their bowl games instead of getting waxed. Now throw in the results of the other Big 10 bowl games. You get the picture.

In short, people don't like to be duped. Hence the backlash towards the Big 10 this season. Keep in mind, it's hardly like people were disrespecting the Big 10 last year. In fact, the Big 10 pretty much had the #1 and #2 spots in the rankings for most of the season. Sort of like if the SEC gets slammed in the bowl season after talking smack all season. Everyone down here knows the same thing that is happening to the Big 10 will turn towards the SEC if it happens. AND RIGHTFULLY SO!

That's what makes college football so great. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

I'm a fan of the midwest and was not calling for a rematch, and it wasn't just people from the midwest. First of all you don't get to be #1 and #2 if just 1 region of the country supports you, so clearly there were many folks that viewed them as #1 and #2. And you're right, those TWO GAMES, are one of TWO reasons why the Big Ten has gotten a LOT of disrespect this year, the other was Michigans 0-2 start, with 1 of the games being App State. Other than that, while they didn't play an amazing Non Conference Schedule as a whole, the Big Ten did what they were supposed to do, and that's beat the teams on their schedule. So once again, while they haven't done anything impressive, they haven't done anything unimpressive either. Can you say the same about the SEC? Not when Auburn loses to South Florida. Miss State gets destroyed by West Virginia. Alabama loses to Florida State. Tennessee gets whooped by Cal. I mean those are all teams that will be in bowl games, from the Southeastern Confernce, that are supposed to show that this conference is as deep as it's ever been, yet outside of the conference, they have been unimpressive. Now you can say, well hey, at least they play those games. And I say that's foolish, because thats like touching a hot stove over and over again, and want people to think that it's impressive because hey, at least you were tough enough to do it. And again, Iowa can't help that Syracuse sucks now. Wisconsin can't help that Washington State sucks. Ohio State certainly can't help that Washington sucks. And you know what, they aren't getting any better treatment from anyone for winning those games. They are ranked right where they should be, Ohio State now has a loss, and moved down, because quite frankly, the 1 loss teams ahead of them have done more to impress.

Is there now a realistic possibility of a Big 12 NC game with Oregon probably losing to Zona?

If LSU drops a game (probably Georgia if it happens), would the voters want to see the top 2 of Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri play each other? Similar to last season when Mich/OSU was such a good game, that people were calling for a rematch.

Is there now a realistic possibility of a Big 12 NC game with Oregon probably losing to Zona?

If LSU drops a game (probably Georgia if it happens), would the voters want to see the top 2 of Kansas, Oklahoma, Missouri play each other? Similar to last season when Mich/OSU was such a good game, that people were calling for a rematch.

To be honest if things work out we could have an All SEC National Championship LSU vs. Georgia

OU loses to Texas Tech

Kansas loses to Missouri

Missouri loses to OU

West Virginia loses to Cincy

Ohio State loses to Michigan

Not out of the question, now is it? :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

To be honest if things work out we could have an All SEC National Championship LSU vs. Georgia

OU loses to Texas Tech

Kansas loses to Missouri

Missouri loses to OU

nice little theory, but I think you are forgetting both ASU and USC who play next Thur- the winner of that game wins out they would put a wrench in yer little inbred NC game-

Doesn't look that difficult to dominate in a conference like the Big 12. Last time I checked the team leading is Kansas a ball club who has never had a conference W/L record better .500 What a freakin joke of a conference. :D

You have to be the biggest F'en A$$hole on the planet, KU has a great year and you say their Conf sucks.....Guess your SEC is in the Cat bird seat as the "best" conf b/c the media is always licking their jocks. That Frreakin joke of a Conf has three teams in the top 5, with another in the top 15, thats a big MFJ!!!!!

LSU geats beat by UK, and UK get exposed by SC, if any conf is an absolute farce this year it has to be the SEC. Two teams in your conf have less than two losses. And to boot your cats probaly wont face the best team out of the east, cause the bulldogs already lost to Tenn, that was a "joke". So this year there are many fans of college Football having an absolute laugh watching the SEC come apart at the seams.

:D Rockerbraves is a BIG GD JOKE!!!!!!!

And to boot your cats probaly wont face the best team out of the east, cause the bulldogs already lost to Tenn, that was a "joke". So this year there are many fans of college Football having an absolute laugh watching the SEC come apart at the seams.

Thank you LiL for pointing out why it's very possible for there to be an All SEC National Championship aka Georgia vs. LSU.

People like you would want to see who is the best team in the best conference.

OU loses to Texas Tech

Kansas loses to Missouri

Missouri loses to OU

Out of the question? No. But I don't like WVU losing to Cincy. I know Cincy is supposed to be very good defensively but two weeks ago I watched USF(a slightly above average offensive team) turn the ball over 8 times and still score 33 points on them. If either Cincy or UConn come in to their respective games anything less than great they will get smoked.

Edited by BS Miscreant

Last night's game certainly did some potential damage to my "Big 12 in the NC game" theory. As bad as the TT loss was there is still a very good chance that the Sooners win the Big 12 which would mean no Big 12 in the Big Game.