[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kevin Jones missing time?

gardenthug

My bad on the pissing match, but back to KJ. I want to know if it's going to be Bell or Duckett getting the carries if he's out, or a RBBC?

I highly doubt he'll be completely out, even for one game. If anything I could see him losing 5-10 carries a game to Duckett. It doesnt look like theyre commited to any of the backups. FWIW, I dont see Bell putting on a Lions uniform again. I dont know much about him but even Cason got some touches last week while KJ was out.

It's not much, but it's more praise than Tinker Bell gets these days.

THE WHOLE NINE YARDS: Protecting the ball, even in the Bahamas; Duckett and run

October 26, 2007

By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

3. QUICK DUCKETT: Martz had some high praise for running back T.J. Duckett: “People don’t realize how quick he is. He probably has the best run vision of the backs we have.” Will we see more of T.J.?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../310260003/1049

This isn't english class but the word is supposedly perhaps you have been hearing it wrong all this time.

I can't believe the first grammar post wasn't proof read:

1. English should be capitalized.

2. There should be a comma after class.

3. Supposedly should be in quotes, as it is the subject to which you are referring.

4. There should be a period after supposedly.

5. Perhaps should be capitalized.

Thus, this is how the first post slamming the "Supposively" guy should have read:

This isn't English class, but the word is "supposedly". Perhaps you have been hearing it wrong all this time.

Five errors in a 19 word thought is pretty bad.

BTW, KJ will be just fine....

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

3. Supposedly should be in quotes, as it is the subject to which you are referring.

Thus, this is how the first post slamming the "Supposively" guy should have read:

This isn't English class, but the word is "supposedly". Perhaps you have been hearing it wrong all this time.

The period at the end of the first sentence should also be inside the quotation marks.

Edited by Maestrobe

It's not much, but it's more praise than Tinker Bell gets these days.

THE WHOLE NINE YARDS: Protecting the ball, even in the Bahamas; Duckett and run

October 26, 2007

By NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER

3. QUICK DUCKETT: Martz had some high praise for running back T.J. Duckett: “People don’t realize how quick he is. He probably has the best run vision of the backs we have.” Will we see more of T.J.?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article.../310260003/1049

the fact that it is a few weeks old and he hasn't done much is unfortunate...

I'd like to add Duckett to my roster for the stretch run since I am thinner at RB...but probably still good enough at the position to win.....

Everyone please stop.

RB Jones Says He'll Play This Week and Next

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, Detroit Free Press -

The Lions will play two games in five days beginning Sunday and again next Thursday on Thanksgiving. RB Kevin Jones, who aggravated his foot injury last week, practiced Wednesday and said he'll be ready for both games. "I don't see it as being an issue," Jones said. "I've just got to be careful of what I do in practice, and I'll be fine for both."

and NYG, GNB and MIN weeks 11, 12 and 13

i'm trying to trade him......

Gone Fish'n

:D

I'm not. He is in a primarily pass based offense, gets ALL the goal line looks and, apparently, has a great nose for the edn zone. I'll take 25 yards rushing 25 yards recieving and a touchdown all the way to my superbowl.

It wasn't a typo, the word doesn't exsist. I wasn't trying to make fun of anyone just point out the mistake. I am terrible at spelling and this is an informal setting but you might sound foolish in everyday life saying the word that way. No offense intended.

However I don't think I need to adhere to your posting guidelines, in fact I am quite sure I do not.

You learned something new today, a good day. I hope I am as fortunate.

Thanks for the help but I don't think I need your help....geez can we please get back to the point at hand. Will K. Jones play this week ?

Thanks for the help but I don't think I need your help....geez can we please get back to the point at hand. Will K. Jones play this week ?

We've already determined that, yes, K. Jones will play this week. Now, back to your sucky grammar. You need to put a comma between "help" and "but". You're welcome in advance. :D

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../711160399/1126

Kevin Jones ' foot continues to be a concern. He might be a little sore on Thanksgiving against the Packers because of the short week following the Giants game. It takes time for Jones' surgically repaired foot to feel good enough for him to practice.

What if the Lions had a game this Thursday? Would Jones have been able to play?

"I would have to," he said. "You know I got to go. It's (Green Bay) a big game in the division. I am not going to do anything to hurt the team, but if I had to go today I would."

Detroit HAS to run the ball if they want to have any prayer of beating the Giants. That pass rush is too good for them to completely abandon it.

That doesn't say much about Jones' situation though, they probably would and WILL mix Duckett in, you have to believe.

My thinking is neither back is a great start because of the uncertainty. :D

Detroit plays Dallas and @ San Diego weeks 14 and 15. No thanks.

Spelling edit

I wouldn't let the Dallas Run D influence my decision. They haven't been all that dominate as of late.

week 10 Dal vs. Giants, Jacobs had 24 total touches and 110 yards.

week 9 Dal vs. Philly, Westbrook had 30 total touches and 155 yards and a td.

week 8 Dal vs. Minn, Peterson/Taylor combined for 26 total touches and 141 yds and a td.

I wouldn't let the Dallas Run D influence my decision. They haven't been all that dominate as of late.

week 10 Dal vs. Giants, Jacobs had 24 total touches and 110 yards.

week 9 Dal vs. Philly, Westbrook had 30 total touches and 155 yards and a td.

week 8 Dal vs. Minn, Peterson/Taylor combined for 26 total touches and 141 yds and a td.

And that SD run defense that allowed AP to explode for an NFL record 296 yards can't be considered one of the league's best, either.