[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor Shot in Leg

geeteebee

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Skins said he is reportedly stabilizing but I couldn't find any more details. That statement came from a friend who called the Washington Post. Reporters are sequestered in the media room because the family wants privacy. They do want prayers though.

WTOP (DC news radio station) is reporting that he is NOT dead, is in critical condition, but outlook is not good according to a family friend.

thoughts go out to taylor and his family.

Incredibly sad news. I'm praying that he will make it through this. :D

WTOP (DC news radio station) is reporting that he is NOT dead, is in critical condition, but outlook is not good according to a family friend.

thoughts go out to taylor and his family.

CNN just had a call in and they said critical too but they weren't at the hospital.

It looks very bad and I wouldn't be surprised if he did die. I hope he doesn't, but it sounds bad.

Sad news. THis is from washingtonpost.com

Posted at 1:04 PM ET, 11/26/2007

Sean Taylor Recap

Here's what we know for sure:

Sean was shot near an artery in his thight, lost a lot of blood, and has been in surgery all day. The situation is very serious. He continues to be worked on as of this moment and the team continues to await for details from the hospital and family, as they are available.

Most of the players have left the building, with all but a very few opting not to speak to the media. No one knows enough to say anything substantially at this point, anyway, other than he has been in a life-threatening situation all day.

Several family members and family friends have told various Post reporters that he was in critical condition, but they were hopeful he was stabalizing. But the situation is in flux and can change at any moment.

Spoke to some people at the NFL who said in essence they have not received too much new information in the last hour or so, but that they have heard unofficially that there was an attempted robbery, Sean was shot, and he continues to be surgery and remains under surgical care.

As a doc I can tell you that the fact he is still alive is miraculous. If he makes it through the surgery, he has a good chance of surviving.

There would still be questions about brain damage from blood loss and whether or not he would ever play football again, but that's another story.

Latest from Redskins Insider (Washington Post):

Posted at 11:01 AM ET, 11/26/2007

Sean Taylor (NOON UPDATE)

Sean is in critical condition in Florida after being shot in the leg. The injuries are very serious, and according to one team official "It's not good. We're waiting on more details from the hospital." There is some concern an artery may have been struck, though I have not been able to get the firmly confirmed.

UPDATE:

Just spoke with a friend of the family who said that Sean lost a substantial amount of blood and the bullet traveled near the femoral artery, which is located in the upper thigh. Sean's father, Pedro, the chief of police in Florida City, Florida, is with him at the hospital, according to the source. They believe the situation is stabalizing, and are obviously hoping for the best.

Players and coaches are very worried right now and essentially everyone can do nothing but pray for the best. The media is being quarantined to the media room - as you would expect in these situations - and there will be no open locker room. Players may be speaking to us later in the day.

One of Taylor's agents, Jason Rosenhaus, said he had no comment on the incident. The Redskins are going to have a team meeting around noon to update the players on the situation.

According to the team, Taylor was home in South Florida when he was shot. According to sources close to the family it appeared to be a robbery. Sean was not with the team for the game this weekend - which is not unusual for injured players - as he was trying to recover from a knee sprain. The Redskins had hoped that Taylor, who was having a Pro Bowl season, would have returned to the lineup in the next few weeks.

Sounds a little more encouraging...

Cooley said that the latest he heard on the situation was that Sean endured 6 hours of surgery today and is in a coma. He said that Santana Moss's mother is at the hospital and gave the team an update from there.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsins...ley_speaks.html

Question is... Is the coma medically induced, or is it from blood loss?

If someone actually reported that it was extremely irresponsible and disgusting. I understand misreporting the details of his condition, critical. stabilizing, coma etc. but dead is dead. How the hell do you misreport that!

+1

Thats the media, always trying to be the first to break a story

+1

Thats the media, always trying to be the first to break a story

That's right.

Latest from WA Post

Dan Snyder Statement

Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has entered the media room to read a statement.

"On behalf of the Redskins, the players and everyone here at the Redskins, our hearts and prayers go out to Sean and his family. Myself and a group of Redskins are on our way to Miami. I really don't have any details other than what everyone else has been reading and reporting ...Our hearts and prayers are with Sean and his family."

He did not take questions from the media. Tailback Clinton Portis, Snyder, VP of football operations Vinny Cerrato, and director of sports medicine Bubba Tyer are flying to Miami on Snyder's plane. They left Redskins Park immediately after the remarks.

As a doc I can tell you that the fact he is still alive is miraculous. If he makes it through the surgery, he has a good chance of surviving.

There would still be questions about brain damage from blood loss and whether or not he would ever play football again, but that's another story.

Exactly.

Attorney and friend of the family Richard Sharpstein said Monday afternoon that Redskins S Sean Taylor's life is currently "hanging in the balance."

Sharpstein says that Taylor, who came out of surgery just after noon, called the player "nonresponsive and unconscious" and says doctors are "worried about a possible brain injury or death." He added that Taylor may have lost oxygen to the brain. "They're waiting to see if he comes to," Sharptein said.

Source: Washington Post

Edited by Randall