[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As a giants fan let me say .....

isleseeya

am very proud of the giants effort tonight ...they could have sat guys , rested starters and laid down but they played hard ....played hard all night long ...they made pats earn it...which pats did ...

:D

Congrats to pats fans and for giant fans hope this effort allows for a good playoff run for Big Blue

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am very proud of the giants effort tonight ...they could have sat guys , rested starters and laid down but they played hard ....played hard all night long ...they made pats earn it...which pats did ...

:D

Congrats to pats fans and for giant fans hope this effort allows for a good playoff run for Big Blue

Easy to say now as they Giants dodged the injury bullet ... but had Eli, Jacobs, Burress or any other key player sustained an injury that prevented them from playing in next week's game you'd be singing a different tune.

Easy to say now as they Giants dodged the injury bullet ... but had Eli, Jacobs, Burress or any other key player sustained an injury that prevented them from playing in next week's game you'd be singing a different tune.

come on that works for both teams....imo, the Pats had MUCH more to lose by risking their star starters then the Giants did

come on that works for both teams....imo, the Pats had MUCH more to lose by risking their star starters then the Giants did

The Pats have been refusing to pull starters in games all year ... nobody expected them to do any different in this game, especially with the undefeated regular season on the line.

But it would have been interesting to see the reaction had Brady broke a leg in this game.

werd

It's not like the Giants were expected to make a bunch of noise in the play-offs. In fact, I think their best chance of making any noise was to go into the play-offs on the kind of roll inspired by beating a team like the Pats. They gave it their best shot and came up short.

werd

It's not like the Giants were expected to make a bunch of noise in the play-offs. In fact, I think their best chance of making any noise was to go into the play-offs on the kind of roll inspired by beating a team like the Pats. They gave it their best shot and came up short.

Do you really believe the Giants think "they aren't going to make a bunch of noise in the playoffs"?

And if the Giants believe they can win the SB (like PIT did a couple of years ago) then why the hell would they risk key players in a meaningless regular season game?

Do you really believe the Giants think "they aren't going to make a bunch of noise in the playoffs"?

And if the Giants believe they can win the SB (like PIT did a couple of years ago) then why the hell would they risk key players in a meaningless regular season game?

[herm]You play to win the game[/herm]

If you've already won 3 SBs in the past 6 years and have a very good chance to go 19-0, I'd say that the rules change somewhat.

I have to disagree. Going 16-1, 17-1 or 18-1 invalidates the whole undefeated season thing. Losing a game in the playoffs just means that NE had a soft schedule and couldn't finish.

The ultimate goal is to win the SB ... a W or L in ths game made zero difference to the ultimate goal of winning the ultimate game.

So, momentum and confidence has nothing to do with going all the way? Face it, the Giants were hardly in a position where they could just sit back and wait for the play-offs to start. They were completely shut down by Minn's D and Manning was bailed out by his running game and D last week vs Buffalo. That's hardly "building up steam for the play-offs". I'm amazed that it seems like such a bold move to try and win a "world beater" type game to catch some fire before the play-offs. The other Manning doesn't need to worry about that kind of thing. Dude is locked and loaded. Eli, not so much. He needed this game and he needed his team trying to win around him.

Jacobs or Burress, sure. Not so sure about Eli - he reminds me of Rex. The evil twin keeps showing up between quarters.

I have to disagree. Going 16-1, 17-1 or 18-1 invalidates the whole undefeated season thing. Losing a game in the playoffs just means that NE had a soft schedule and couldn't finish.

Or somebody bested them late in the year. If they make it to the SB and lose a game like the famous Miami/SD/Kellen Winslow getting carried off the field kind of game does that mean they "had a soft schedule and couldn't finish"?

I completely agree, the short list of the greatest teams of all time really only includes teams that won the SB, but like others have said, the last few years have done enough to cement this team as among the greatest of all time, 19-0 puts them in their own category. I mean, no debate about which specific team is the best ever gets far. You end up settling on the Packers of the 60s, Steelers of the 70s, Niners of 80s, Cowboys of the 90s. For the most part, teams are ranked by eras. The Pats of the 00s don't need to worry about whether they'll be on that list.

Edited by detlef

The Pats have missed the playoffs ONCE over the past seven years and have THREE rings over that timespan. Winning a Super Bowl is great, but they've already been there and done that just recently. Given all of that, willfully throwing away a chance to be the best EVER by going 19-0 is something that one absolutely cannot do.

Plus, if Belichick pulled his starters in the third quarter and the Giants went on to win, there would be death threats against him. So there's a practical side to it as well. :D

The Pats have missed the playoffs ONCE over the past seven years and have THREE rings over that timespan. Winning a Super Bowl is great, but they've already been there and done that just recently. Given all of that, willfully throwing away a chance to be the best EVER by going 19-0 is something that one absolutely cannot do.

Plus, if Belichick pulled his starters in the third quarter and the Giants went on to win, there would be death threats against him. So there's a practical side to it as well. :D

How would it be the best ever?

Doesnt perfection=perfection?

I didn't see the game. I just want to know how a team that looked like absolute crap against an average Vikings team was able to hang so close to the undefeated Pats. The NFL is just plain strange from week to week.

You can go with the standfard response from close games against the Pats,the other team played their best game possible.

The Giants have played like crap over the past few weeks, especially Eli. They needed to play all their starters tonight, and they played 3 quarters of excellent football. But once again Eli and the gang show their true colors and choke like we all knew they would.

There is no way I'm going to take my hat off to this team, you have to finish the game, that's what champions do. I wish it was a blowout in the first half so I could stop watching and my hopes wouldn't be built up.

Next year, do us a favor, just go 3-13 and fire the coach and get a top draft pick (preferably a QB), don't tease us with another playoff berth that we all know they are going to lose in the 1st round.

The Giants have played like crap over the past few weeks, especially Eli. They needed to play all their starters tonight, and they played 3 quarters of excellent football. But once again Eli and the gang show their true colors and choke like we all knew they would.

The Giants offense certainly didn't choke tonight. Even Eli was pretty good.

Was nice to see the records fall in a game that the Giants were competing to win. Every TD was important, and was not a blatant attempt to run up the score or set records. And the starters played. I can respect that. I still hate the Pats, but I respect it.