[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

ROYALWITCHEESE

NBC's John Maddens said during Thursday's Jaguars/Redskins game that WR Matt Jones didn't know the team's plays last season.

It's not exactly surprising as there have been whispers about Jones' commitment level for quite some time. Madden got the goods from David Garrard, who told him that Jones was on the right page this season and could emerge as the team's go-to receiver.

Is this guy finally going to put his physical talents to use? Maybe his arrest and near waiving have flipped a switch with Jones.

Thoughts...

Edited by ROYALWITCHEESE

Well isn't he still on the hook for cocaine possession? In other words, isn't there a risk he is suspended for some games if he is convicted?

He's pled not guilty. If he isn't convicted (unlikely to be since there were others in the car at the time), then no suspension. Even if he was, you think it would be more than the ONE game Marshall got for multiple infractions? I don't.

Be that as it may, that doesn't answer the question. If he ISN'T suspended, has he turned the corner?

During the same interview, Gerrard also said the Jones would never have made it as a QB in the NFL because Jones doesn't know what everyone else is supposed to do on any given play. He only learned what a QB was supposed to do.

WRs are still supposed to know where other positions are supposed to be on the play, just not to the extent that a QB would. I don't think he'll be making it a long career in the NFL.

He's pled not guilty. If he isn't convicted (unlikely to be since there were others in the car at the time), then no suspension. Even if he was, you think it would be more than the ONE game Marshall got for multiple infractions? I don't.

Be that as it may, that doesn't answer the question. If he ISN'T suspended, has he turned the corner?

Didn't the police find him actually cutting the cocaine with his credit card? Gonna be kind of hard to say, "yeah, but it wasn't mine". Plus it was 6 grams. Intent to distribute starts at 1 gram. . .

link

Didn't the police find him actually cutting the cocaine with his credit card? Gonna be kind of hard to say, "yeah, but it wasn't mine". Plus it was 6 grams. Intent to distribute starts at 1 gram. . .

link

Intent may be hard to prove. He's rich. He can say he had it for himself.

Intent may be hard to prove. He's rich. He can say he had it for himself.

They don't have to prove his actual intent. Starting at over 1 gram, you can be convicted of intent to distribute just because of the amount you have.

He has enough money for lawyers, and enough support in Arkansas, he'll get off.

He had horrible OTA's, was in danger of being cut at any time, then got arrested.

There is a possibility the light finally went on, he is a changed man through training camp and pre-season.

Is he going to be a #1 or 2 FF WR? No.

Is anyone drafting him? No.

Can you get him late and expect 50 catches, 600 yards and 6-7 TD's? Yes.

In fantasy terms, all Jaguars WRs are guilty until proven innocent. I don't think I've had a Jaguars WR on my roster (other than a desperation bye week or injury fill in) since Smith and McCardell...and I'm a semi-homer.

And this is pretty much the unfortunate reason they'll never top the Colts in the AFC South until they do decide to address their passing game. Del Rio is going to end up losing his job cause the GM cant get a decent passing game together.

1) Can't stay healthy (Check)

2) Character issues (Check)

3) Doesn't know his plays (Check)

4) Slow out of his breaks (Check)

5) Questions about his desire to even play in the NFL (Check)

6) Owners still yearning over the hype of a one handed catch made back around the NFLCombine some 4-5 years ago (Check)

I drafted him. As my #5 WR . Just a hunch and easy to drop if he doesnt work out. Also was looking for a 3 week fill in for Brandon marshall and now all I need is 1 week out of him (or my #4 & #6 WR) . when taking your 5-6th recievers its all a crapshoot. I took Jones , Hardy in Buffalo and Royal late so I can work on other positions . ( I drafted Andre Johnson-Marshall and Santonio Holmes as my starters) just bye week fill ins.

until they do decide to address their passing game. Del Rio is going to end up losing his job

They have one of the best defenses in the game, they have one of the best rushing games in the NFL, Garrard was one of the highest ranked QB's in all of football last year, scoring at least 26+ points per game down the stretch last year.

Address their passing game... you mean like giving their Stud QB a big fat contract, adding porter and company?

Can I have your paypal address, I need to send you some money to buy a clue.