[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Locking Topics?

RaiderSteve

In the interest of fairness, here is the post where you questioned the ranking....

QUOTE (Henry Muto @ 8/30/08 1:18am)

This site lists Larry Johnson at 7th overall in a PPR leauge.....I have been in several big money leageus and he goes anywhere from mid 2nd round to mid 3rd round in a 12 man PPR league. Larry Johnson has a lot of Shaun Alexander feel to him. Alexander was all world 2005 then in 2006 gets hurt and then in 2007 people still put their faith in him and took him in mid 1st round and he was as big bust ever seen.

Larry had a huge year in 2006 then in 2007 struggles and then gets hurt and now in 2008 he has to play behind a horrible OL and play with horrid QB...why in the world is this site thinking he should be a mid 1st round pick ? Anyone please explain ? Anyone at all ?

--------------------

I posted this on 8/30/08 realizing my mistake in my draft that took place the week around 8/10/08 when I made the 23rd pick overall Larry Johnson. He was the 12th RB off the board. On 8/30/08 with more information on hand I had seen I had made a mistake taking LJ as the 12th RB off the board. I gave all my reasons above why I thought LJ would have problems this year. I was in 18 drafts this year and I took LJ in 2 of them. I took him 23rd and 26th picks overall. I try not to take all the same players in all 18 drafts or you could be in for a really long season. I felt M-Harrison was a huge risk this year but I still took him in the 4th round in 1 of my 18 drafts "just in case". You just never know but with being in so many leauges you just do the best you can getting as many players you think will do well but if some risky players fall lower in the draft then that is the time you can risk it. I would never take LJ in the top 10 overall in my PPR leauges where the huddle had him ranked but I did take the risk at 23 in 1 leauge while passing him up at pick 34 in another leauge where I grabbed Reggie Bush.

Of course the site sometimes misses on some picks. Everyone does. I missed hard on Maroney this year. I thought I was getting value taking him in round 5 in several leauges. Fanball had Maroney rated as a top 15 back going in the 1st/2nd rounds of their mock drafts in "just cheet sheets". I thought wow they must know something I don't and even though I am not a big fan of Maroney I will take him in the 5th round that must be value.

I thought LJ had a chance to be decent this week but when he runs for 22 yards against lowely Oakland wow that was an eye opener that he really is possibly heading toward a S-Alexander season. Maybe he rebounds he does have an easy schedule. We will see. If he rebounds and posts top 10 season ending numbers I will have no problem coming on here and admitting I was way off and wrong on him this year.

You guys made some good posts on the other locked thread. I enjoyed the humor and sarcasim. It's all good though.

In the end you are the judge and jury on your own picks. You gather info from many players you just have to go with who you trust in the end.

To all a good day.

Edited by Henry Muto