[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Al said bring your book and stapler too

DMD

Being reported on ESPN and Fox Sports.

I gues Ryan moves up from DC to being the HC. Kind of funny too since the Raiders almost won in BUF and did beat KC. But Kiffen was on the outs and now will probably have to sue Al for his contract to be paid.

And I thought the Raiders were looking a little better this year too.

And I thought the Raiders were looking a little better this year too.

I thought that all things considered (namely that he was woefully inexperienced and the team's talent level is pretty crappy) Kiffin did a fairly credible job in Oakland. I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

So who is worse off... The Raiders or the Lions? Both Millen and Davis seem to be 100% inept at running franchises...

Davis was a FANTASTIC football mind. However, he still thinks it's the 1970s. Millen is just inept.

Keyword.

I think Davis still has some moments - he found Gruden who might be a bit overrated but is a pretty solid coach. Kiffin looked fairly solid, and everybody loves Rob Ryan. Especially Al.

But he chased off Gruden and Kiffin; and we'll see how this whole Rob Ryan thing works out. Davis has been a trainwreck as far as his recent personnel moves go. And that's his problem - he falls in love with these physical specimens, which is fine; but EVERYONE finds these guys now - and the guys the other teams find already may have fewer tools but have better smarts and work ethic. You can't sit there and try to "out-talent" anyone these days (not on a regular basis, at least).

I guess Ryan moves up from DC to being the HC. Kind of funny too since the Raiders almost won in BUF and did beat KC. But Kiffen was on the outs and now will probably have to sue Al for his contract to be paid.

Yep, Rob Ryan is the wunderkind savior of the Raiders...hey, didn't his marvelously-coached defense get 41 hung on 'em by the Broncs and fritter away a solid lead against the Bills?

As a Raider fan this is awful news.

While Lane Kiffin wasn't the next John Madden for the Raiders, he was able to deal with very little talent and turn them into a/an (arguably) functioning team. I feel like he was able to make great progress with some of the younger players and help them transition into the NFL.

Rob knows his defense. But I would count on this being a step back for the Raiders offense.

I hope to see Kiffin coaching in the NFL in the future, I feel like he has a lot of potential.

Someone asked Denny Green if he would ever consider the Raiders Head Coaching gig (I guess since he has experience and is available)... and while Denny isn't exactly in demand, he could sure use another nice run with a young team. Anyway, his reply was something like, "I wouldn't even consider picking up the phone if Al called me."

I wonder if he'll bring that guy who was running a BB back to be HC?

I'm not sure even he would take the job. Ryan's already there. He's captive and wants the job. Since he looks like a fan from the Black Hole give him the damn job. Al should have in the first place.

So who is worse off... The Raiders or the Lions? Both Millen and Davis seem to be 100% inept at running franchises...

The happy medium for team ownership is an owner who cares about winning without meddling too much in how the team is actually run. At least Al Davis cares. I wish the Fords would sell... And what sucks the most is that the Lions keep filling seats, so it's not like the Fords are losing money on the Lions. The fans need to be blamed for continuing to financially support this sorry excuse of a franchise. Even die-hard fans need to realize that the only way the Lions are ever going to become competitive again is under new ownership. So stop putting money in the Fords' wallets!!!!

As a David hater, I would love to see Shanny hire him in some capacity on his coaching staff. Then see Den (who I hate by the way as a suffering Chiefs fan) spank the Raiders again and make a strong run through the playoffs. That would be priceless.