[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC/Ore St.

neilfish2

Won't? If this is the case it proves the "media darlings" theory.

Shouldn't? They just lost to a team that isn't even in the top 40 that got thumped by the #12 team in the country.

:wacko:

I'd be more than happy to place a $500.00 wager on it. I'll PM you my address.

Won't and Shouldn't. They played a bad game and got outplayed. I love the way everyone loves to jump on the 1-game theory? Now all of a sudden SC is a "joke" and doesn't belong in the Top 10? Do you honestly think that there are 10 teams better than USC? Give me a friggin break :D

I think LSU still holds the "media darlings" trophy for losing two games, playing another pathetic OOC schedule and still getting voted in to the NC game.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As has been said, the only teams USC has trouble with is the Pac-10 teams? They kick the SH1T out of every team in the country but lose to a Pac-10 team. Congratulations to Mike Riley and his kids for executing a great game plan.

The Beavers deserved to win. I'm not sure who's up next for USC but whoever it is I feel sorry for them. Don't count SC out yet boys. They lost early. They played poorly but anyone who thinks they won't be back in the NC race is :D I thought Sanchez played horrible and didn't look like a leader tonight.

Hell, LSU lost two last year and still backed in to the NC game. With the schedules that OU and Missouri have they could run the table. And no Sarge, the Trojans won't, and shouldn't, fall out of the Top 10. :wacko:

OU and Missouri play multiple ranked teams. SC has played its only ranked team of the season, and just got punked by Oregon Freakin State. And SC plays more games vs Pac-10, than anyone else, so the odds are they are more likely to lose a game against 8 teams than against the other 3 or 4.

SC lost to this team 2 yrs ago here, they should know better. Hell unranked Stanford beat them last yr as well. SC loses to poopy teams almost every year, then beats up on more punching bags from the conference of shame only to boast their ranking, while other good teams actually have to play multiple ranked teams all season. Sc is a Joke. They won 1 freakin title, and Auburn was also unbeaten that year. Pete Carroll has the best players in the country, but cant seem to motivate his troops in these weak ass Pac 10 games early in the season.

Won't and Shouldn't. They played a bad game and got outplayed. I love the way everyone loves to jump on the 1-game theory? Now all of a sudden SC is a "joke" and doesn't belong in the Top 10? Do you honestly think that there are 10 teams better than USC? Give me a friggin break :wacko:

I think LSU still holds the "media darlings" trophy for losing two games, playing another pathetic OOC schedule and still getting voted in to the NC game.

NC contenders dont lose to unranked sh*tty teams from the Pac-10. Get real how many years in a row have we heard this is the best team in the country, only to see them lose games year after year they are heavily favored. Im sorry, but if SC played in the Big 12, or SEC, they would be lucky not to lose 3 games a year. This team has no discipline, is not well coached, and shows no motivation in games they should have impressed tonight. Pete Carroll is supposedly this master general coach, but really he has the best talent on the field every week, and still loses to unranked teams, every year.

When you lose to Oregon St, you become a joke. And I certainly do not think they are a top 10 team. And if you are going to ask me who else can beat them, after they just lost to Oregon St, Id say they shouldnt even be in the top 25. Because the rest of the top 25 would go 24-0 against Oregon St, but SC.

Shouldn't? They just lost to a team that isn't even in the top 40 that got thumped by the #12 team in the country.

Won't and Shouldn't. They played a bad game and got outplayed. I love the way everyone loves to jump on the 1-game theory? Now all of a sudden SC is a "joke" and doesn't belong in the Top 10? Do you honestly think that there are 10 teams better than USC? Give me a friggin break :D

You said it my man and that's exactly my point. "They played a bad game and got outplayed." By a team that has otherwise looked bad this season. Unacceptable for a top 10 team against an unranked opponent, conference foe or not. Penn St destroyed this team and aren't in the top 10 yet so it only stands to reason. It doesn't matter what I think, it's how the system is supposed to work.

And you must be kidding with this juvenile challenge... wanting to bet $500 on what the rankings'll be next week. What a joke. USC "shouldn't" be in the top ten. Given the the media love, they may very well still be there. Another joke.

Menudo- a few things, first - please stop with this 1 game comparison stuff- it is lame, and just not accurate.

The flip side of that is one of the middle of the road Pac 10 teams is hammering the same USC team that yer al mighty OSU got destroyed by- so by that logic, OSU is much better than Ohio State- do I believe this? no. and YES the Big 10 does suck

- Penn State is very good- they jumped on OSU early and pounded them - well done- OSU is a young team, and was going to take some time to jell- they got rolled by PSU- and should have beaten Stanford, which would have them 2-1 coming in

Oreg State is showing up tho- give em some credit- they are not getting manhandled at the line like OSU did- and they have some real nice skill potsition players on offense - shocked by the 21-0 at half tho, wow

USC always has their toughest games in Pac 10 conference games- and dominates the rest of the country - that us just the way it is

The Pac 10 has taken some bad L early- notably from the MWC - which is vastly underrated, but the truth is somewhere in the middle bc Oreg State is obviously showing they are a solid, and talented squad.

Wildcat, i was not being serious. I just get annoyed by the people whose hatred of the Big 10 makes them exaggerate how bad the conference is. :wacko: Oh, and no, I don't want to get into a Big 10 vs. any other conference argument.

Y'all should really let the dust settle from this weekends slate of games before you yapping about which team is better or which conference is better. We still don't have a large enough body of work to guage anything by yet. There's a lot of football to be played and there are a lot teams with something to prove this weekend.

There ARE a couple of things we can take away from this game:

1. Mike Riley knows how to coach. He had an excellent game plan on both sides of the ball but most importantly, he had his kids primed for this game. He knew there was some lingering mojo from the last time USC had visited Corvalis and he used it to get his kids motivated.
  2. Pete Carrol is an excellent recruiter but his teams do seem to have emotional lapses. USC looked incredibly flat last night on both sides of the ball. With all the talent that his team has, they should never lose a game like this. This loss goes on his shoulders.
  3. We thankfully no longer have to listen to the USC for the NC game. No matter what USC does, a one loss Missouri or Oklahoma would get the nod before them. The same goes for a one loss Georgia or LSU. Unfotunately becausse of pre-conceived notions instilled by the ranking systems, a team from the Big Ten or Big East will have to run the table to get any consideration in this conversation. Let's also not forget the perennial cornholeing that non-BCS teams get.

You do realize that OU faces 3 top 20 teams...2 of them top 10?

UGA faces 2 top 5 teams, a top 10 team and a top 20 team.... and depending on what Tech can do over the course of the season, potentially another top 25 team (oh yeah, I forgot about Vandy who is now a top 25 tem on our schedule). Then, if they make it to the SEC championship game, odds are they will face another top 5 or 10 team. No way any SEC team comes out of this season undefeated, and I have a bad feeling that a 1 loss SC team will be able to jump the 1 loss SEC team.

Florida plays LSU and UGA

LSU plays FL, UGA and Bama (already beat AU)

UGA Plays Auburn, FL, LSU and Bama (and GT OOC)

I just don't see how, coupled with the championship game, that any of these top SEC teams come out without a loss, or two.

If SC wins out, they should be able to recover, I think the pollsters rank them in the top two. Though just looking at schedules, a 1 loss UGA team should make it to the title game.

OU and Missouri play multiple ranked teams. SC has played its only ranked team of the season, and just got punked by Oregon Freakin State. And SC plays more games vs Pac-10, than anyone else, so the odds are they are more likely to lose a game against 8 teams than against the other 3 or 4.

SC lost to this team 2 yrs ago here, they should know better. Hell unranked Stanford beat them last yr as well. SC loses to poopy teams almost every year, then beats up on more punching bags from the conference of shame only to boast their ranking, while other good teams actually have to play multiple ranked teams all season. Sc is a Joke. They won 1 freakin title, and Auburn was also unbeaten that year. Pete Carroll has the best players in the country, but cant seem to motivate his troops in these weak ass Pac 10 games early in the season.

OMG :wacko:

NC contenders dont lose to unranked sh*tty teams from the Pac-10. Get real how many years in a row have we heard this is the best team in the country, only to see them lose games year after year they are heavily favored. Im sorry, but if SC played in the Big 12, or SEC, they would be lucky not to lose 3 games a year. This team has no discipline, is not well coached, and shows no motivation in games they should have impressed tonight. Pete Carroll is supposedly this master general coach, but really he has the best talent on the field every week, and still loses to unranked teams, every year.

When you lose to Oregon St, you become a joke. And I certainly do not think they are a top 10 team. And if you are going to ask me who else can beat them, after they just lost to Oregon St, Id say they shouldnt even be in the top 25. Because the rest of the top 25 would go 24-0 against Oregon St, but SC.

I can't argue with your comments that SC shouldn't lose games like they did last night but to say Oregon State is a joke is ridiculous or that USC would lose 3 games in the Big 3? Come on. And let's not compare coaches ... please .... when Stoops consistently gets his A$$ handed to him in big games, by lesser teams!

UGA faces 2 top 5 teams, a top 10 team and a top 20 team.... and depending on what Tech can do over the course of the season, potentially another top 25 team (oh yeah, I forgot about Vandy who is now a top 25 tem on our schedule). Then, if they make it to the SEC championship game, odds are they will face another top 5 or 10 team. No way any SEC team comes out of this season undefeated, and I have a bad feeling that a 1 loss SC team will be able to jump the 1 loss SEC team.

Florida plays LSU and UGA

LSU plays FL, UGA and Bama (already beat AU)

UGA Plays Auburn, FL, LSU and Bama (and GT OOC)

I just don't see how, coupled with the championship game, that any of these top SEC teams come out without a loss, or two.

If SC wins out, they should be able to recover, I think the pollsters rank them in the top two. Though just looking at schedules, a 1 loss UGA team should make it to the title game.

Florida also plays Auburn and Florida State OOC. Granted, this is not the Florida State of the 90's, but anything can happen in a rivalry game. And just like Georgia, we have to play Vandy and South Carolina.

Slow yer rol on Mizzou, please - they haven't played anyone yet- and I think they are a pretender -

well of course the odds that USC drops a game vs a pac 10 team- but that doesn't change the FACT they have dummied non conference ranked opponents like a red headed Texan- they haven't lost out of conference since 10/2002 - 6 years homie- that speaks volumes.

The Pac 10 is down, no question- but even with USC being flat OSU sacked up and gave SC a fight and they looked light years better than they did vs Penn State and certainly looked better than Ohio State

- yer right - USC probably will not make the NC game, and they don't deserve to - they have along road- and I think the pecking order is something like

OKL

UGA

FLA

LSU think these 4 are the class as of now

MIZZOU

USC

BAMA

TEXAS - i don't think anyone outside these 8 is NC caliber - they would make a helluva nice 8 team playoff...................

Kudos to the Beavers...and props to that 5'6" Oregon State RB. Not only did he run well, but he hung onto the ball. :wacko:

Do I think the Trojans remain in the top 10 this week?

Granted the media has a few days (Thursday night) to somehow put a positive USC spin on last night's embarrassing defeat, however I see no way the Trojans remain in this week's top ten. Losing to an unranked opponent which got smoked by the 12th ranked team should rightfully set USC out of the top ten. Would be shocked to see the Trojans ranked any higher than say #12 to 14th.

Do I think the Trojans are out of the BCS NC race?

Of course not if you consider the media's love for the Trojans who tell us year in and year out how great USC and have us all guessing who will come in 2nd. Did I really hear someone on ESPN say something like "the last time a #1 ranked USC loss they went on to win something like 30 something games in a row. Let the SPIN begin. The truth is it will take more than the media humping the Trojans to get them into BCS NC game especially with their soft PAC 10 schedule compliments of the Mountain West.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Slow yer rol on Mizzou, please - they haven't played anyone yet- and I think they are a pretender -

well of course the odds that USC drops a game vs a pac 10 team- but that doesn't change the FACT they have dummied non conference ranked opponents like a red headed Texan- they haven't lost out of conference since 10/2002 - 6 years homie- that speaks volumes.

The Pac 10 is down, no question- but even with USC being flat OSU sacked up and gave SC a fight and they looked light years better than they did vs Penn State and certainly looked better than Ohio State

- yer right - USC probably will not make the NC game, and they don't deserve to - they have along road- and I think the pecking order is something like

OKL

UGA

FLA

LSU think these 4 are the class as of now

MIZZOU

USC

BAMA

TEXAS - i don't think anyone outside these 8 is NC caliber - they would make a helluva nice 8 team playoff...................

Texas beat SC in the biggest game SC has played in under Carroll. That is an out of conference team, in a big game to a 1 man show, VInce Young.

Easily the Mountain West. Far as I'm concerned, USC is the only thing in the Pac-10 keeping them out of the same class as the ACC...

watch it now...the ACC has stepped it up lately.frankly, any ACC backer should be offended by being compared to the PAC-10 THIS year! Admittedly the first two weeks were bad, but they have started to bounce back...

Texas beat SC in the biggest game SC has played in under Carroll. That is an out of conference team, in a big game to a 1 man show, VInce Young.

Probably not a surprise to anyone here that you would forget about the dismantling that a Pete Carrol coached 12-0 # 1 ranked team put on a 12-0 #2 ranked team in 2005.

Let me refresh your memory ......

http://usctrojans.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../010505aad.html :wacko:

I'm sure that these NFL players on the 2004 Texas roster might have something to say about Texas being just a 1 man show ...

Will Allen

Cedrick Griffin

Michael Huff

Derrick Johnson

Cedrick Benson

Aaron Ross

Bo Scaife

David Thomas

Selvin Young

Limas Sweed

Michael Griffin

But hey. that Vince Young guy that you love to tout has certainly been a stud in the NFL :wacko:

You made the ridiculous statement. I just wanted to see how certain you were. Now I am. Carry on.

If you or anyone else on this board can show me where I made a "ridiculous statement"(above) then I will cease to believe that you are either a complete idiot or simply blinded by your need to be "clever" and pick fights.

Do I think the Trojans remain in the top 10 this week?

Granted the media has a few days (Thursday night) to somehow put a positive USC spin on last night's embarrassing defeat, however I see no way the Trojans remain in this week's top ten. Losing to an unranked opponent which got smoked by the 12th ranked team should rightfully set USC out of the top ten. Would be shocked to see the Trojans ranked any higher than say #12 to 14th.

Get ready Rocker. You should be getting a response from theprofessor here pretty soon suggesting a wager and some comments regarding your ridiculous statements.

If you or anyone else on this board can show me where I made a "ridiculous statement"(above) then I will cease to believe that you are either a complete idiot or simply blinded by your need to be "clever" and pick fights.

I'll point out your ridiculous statement AGAIN but first you need to show me where I "picked a fight"? :wacko: