[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PATS SUCK... MOSS SUCKS.....

Drock

wrong. Cassel threw it to where Moss should have been

but Moss made a second move (push off?) and wasn't at the spot.

It was a good pass, Moss just didn't get there.

I'm fried. I wanted that game bad! :wacko:

Stats are off the charts...Cassel had a good/great game.

A few bonehead plays cost them.

But what an amazing throw on the run by Cassel and an unbelievable catch by Moss.

I still hate the jets, even though they won.

where's my tums?

I don't think we are thinking of the same play. There was no push off required. Moss was all alone for a TD, but Cassel is not accurate 20+ yards down the field.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cassel's got some very good mobility and he shows flashes, but it's not all there. He narrowly missed throwing a couple picks in addition to the *wide open* potential TD to Moss that he missed....but he showed good poise under pressure. He may not be the natural talent of Brady, but he's proven to be a very serviceable backup.

What's scary is he still racked up the statline he did.

But I think that says more about how badly the Jets defense played, and how terrible their defensive strategy was. They seemed scared of the Patriots in the second half, the prevent defense they went into on the final Patriots' drive was absurd.

But Mangini and Co. probably had good reason to be scared. We saw last night that CB Dwight Lowery can't even keep up with receivers like Jabar Gaffney or intercept a pass thrown right to him. (Sorry Dwight, you're an NFL CB.....you need to be able to take another teams' #3 WR in single coverage now and then....) and LB Calvin Pace can't cover anybody when he has to drop into coverage.....he's awful at that.

Where did I say he sucks?

I said he's not that good of a QB. Meaning AVERAGE. I said he made some good throws and some BAD throws. And most of his throws are not tough passes with lots of YAC from his WRs. He can't throw a deep ball to save his life and when he looks off his first two WRs he looks down at the pass rush.

Favre was surprisingly great tonight.

Rewind four years, and this sounds exactly like what people said about Brady. Not saying Cassell's going to be another Brady. But just saying it sounds familiar...

The WIDE open throw to Moss that he SAILED over his Moss's head pretty much explains it for me.

I'd tend to disagree. It looked to either be a timing route or Moss was not where he was supposed to be, he did a move on the defender and got tied up for a second, that stop and go(near the 15 yard line or so, not at the beginning of the play) caused the play to fail...had Moss kept going he would have hit him in stride. I haven't seen all the Pats games obviously, but I do know he threw a heck of a ball against the chiefs in week one to Moss for a long gainer. He's started what 9, 10 games? Gimme a break, the guy is playing good football.

EDIT, guess I should have read the whole thread since other made my point already.

Edited by Hat Trick

You know who else sucked? The refs. I think they got together with Moss before the game and decided the Jets would win. Moss wasn't even trying on a lot of plays and there were some pretty questionable penalties.

Moss wasnt trying? Which game did you see? Me and my buddies were actually surprised to see Moss so active. We all had him pegged as a waste of a season and that he was going to lose all his interest this season but that was not the case yesterday. He ran up the field to block, he blocked for the little running game they had and he was getting jammed on the line EVERY play and he did not give up but tried to fight through it. He was calling for the ball on every down (which is what you want).

I dont know why you would say he wasnt even trying... explain yourself

Moss wasnt trying? Which game did you see? Me and my buddies were actually surprised to see Moss so active. We all had him pegged as a waste of a season and that he was going to lose all his interest this season but that was not the case yesterday. He ran up the field to block, he blocked for the little running game they had and he was getting jammed on the line EVERY play and he did not give up but tried to fight through it. He was calling for the ball on every down (which is what you want).

I dont know why you would say he wasnt even trying... explain yourself

Ok I was a bit harsh. Guess I'm just pissed that the Jets kept him quiet all night except for the last second freak td pass.

Cassel's got some very good mobility and he shows flashes, but it's not all there. He narrowly missed throwing a couple picks in addition to the *wide open* potential TD to Moss that he missed....but he showed good poise under pressure. He may not be the natural talent of Brady, but he's proven to be a very serviceable backup.

But I think that says more about how badly the Jets defense played, and how terrible their defensive strategy was. They seemed scared of the Patriots in the second half, the prevent defense they went into on the final Patriots' drive was absurd.

But Mangini and Co. probably had good reason to be scared. We saw last night that CB Dwight Lowery can't even keep up with receivers like Jabar Gaffney or intercept a pass thrown right to him. (Sorry Dwight, you're an NFL CB.....you need to be able to take another teams' #3 WR in single coverage now and then....) and LB Calvin Pace can't cover anybody when he has to drop into coverage.....he's awful at that.

Good post.

People at this site will always put words in your mouth when their position is weak.... and there are a lot of weak people here. Most intelligent football conversations quickly degrade into personal insults, stupid comments, and idiots putting words in your mouth.

Up yours, d-bag.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I think it's important to keep fresh in your mind that while Cassel isn't "great" he's still the guy who didn't start a single game in college. He's improving visibly each week. So sure, he's got holes in his game, but who hasn't? We're looking at a guy making only his 10th start ever since high school.

I was as big a detractor of Cassel as there was going into the season. I was sure the Pats had screwed up royally by keeping Cassel around rather than bring in someone better as a backup. Given what's available around the league and how Cassel has progressed, I'm more than satisfied they did the right thing.

I am in 27 leagues I only started Moss in the 10 I have him in.

I have been playing fantasy football since 1989 I believe. One year I was in two leagues. I did not like it because you sometimes have the same player going for you in one league and against you in another.

27 F'n leagues? :wacko:

WOW....

You know who else sucked? The refs. I think they got together with Moss before the game and decided the Jets would win. Moss wasn't even trying on a lot of plays and there were some pretty questionable penalties.

Gotta be kiddn'.....Coach B said that he might have been the most dominant player on the field, because almost evey play, he took a cornerback and a safetly with him.....some of those things dont show up in the stat lines..