[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Denver runningbacks

eags

:shrugs:

I can't imagine anyone played him in week 9 since that was the game that Pittman started and got hurt in. Now, he's got competition for carries against TBell, PJPope, and SYoung.

I like the kid and was thrilled watching the draft when they picked him up, but I don't see him being much of a consistent FF producer. In deep leagues or if you've lots of injuries, sure, take a chance with him.

my point wasnt about starting him...it was to point out that he has had more then just one week of "fluke" production...sure its only 2 weeks but still...and fwiw, I know a few dynasty leaguers that thought Hillis would eventually be a nice weapon for the donkeys due to his pass catching abilities

At this point, I have Tatum starting for me at flex position for this week - have a couple tough matchups with my other possibilities, and just can't not see him getting 12-15 or so touches, and against oakland it's usually about 1 fantasy point per touch....

Edited by xMRogers

I am going with Hillis myself, lets hope he continues...

With Portis a game time decision for a 4pm game in week 12 and no other backups with favorable matchups, I've got Hillis poised in two leagues in case Portis is a no-go -- thankfully, Denver has a 4pm game as well ...

There's literally no telling how this will shake out. Larsen is being moved to full time MLB duty (thank the FB gods) and DEN just reacquired Chad Mustard, who is a TE but can also play FB.

I think in an ideal world, Hillis would play FB, since he's a hellacious blocker and catches the ball very well, which is exactly what DEN wants from its FBs. That would leave the RB duty to someone else. Bell was handed the job on a silver platter & failed - and for good reason. He sucks between the tackles, which is DEN's bread & butter. Even given his maginal success last week, I don't have much hope for Bell doing much of anything regularly. The guy I have my eye on is PJ Pope, who Packers staff got into a pissing match about before releasing him because some GB coaches thought he was better than Grant. I'm not too familiar with Pope's regular running style, so I don't know if he can fit into the 1-cut zone blocking scheme that DEN runs, but he looked very good in his two carries last week, exhibiting patience for the seam and then making the one cut once he was through the line. He's 5'-0" & 205 lbs, so while he' not a hugh back, he's got a very solid height/weight ratio.

The safe bet is probably Hillis. He'll get some catches unless he's playing RB exclusively - Shanahan doesn't throw a lot to RBs - and he'll get the goal line work. What I don't like about Hillis, and I'm sure Shanahan doesn't prefer either since it grates against his style & teaching, is that Hillis is a missle you aim at hole and hope that it is open when he gets there. You aren't going to get any style points with him running, and that doesn't fit DEN's run scheme.

I think Bell will give his owners mediocre numers whether he carries the ball 5 times or 15 times. He gets his yardage from one burst through a seam on a long run, and then spends the predominance of the rest of his runs getting tripped up at or behind the LoS while trying desparately not to fumble.

I'm starting to lean in Pope's direction but am far from convinced. GB's scheme is similar to DEN's, and the GB coaches liked him. He showed some capability last game. It will be interesting to see if he gets more work this week.