[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Bryant

'canes2004

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top seed in our playoffs was up 55 pts. and already wrote his trash talkin article about how good he was and what he was gonna do in round two. Only to have Deangelo and Bryant insert his foot in his mouth to the tune of 62 combined pts. and a 7 pt. defeat. One of the most hated rivals in our league and this happens to him couldnt be sweeter :wacko:

only twice all season has he put up double digit in back to back performances and one of those happened this week...the other had a bye week in between it...that looks pretty inconsistent to me...but hey he is my WR 3 behind Bowe and Marshall so I will take it

:wacko:

For comparison's sake, here are those I mentioned:

Moss

Wayne

Colston (since his Week 7 return):

Holmes:

My earlier point was that all WRs are inconsistent, as the above shows. There are very few WRs that are money EVERY week. Other than the Boldin/Fitz/Marshall/Smiths of the world (and even they have been mortal, but less frequently than the others), most WRs fall into the "inconsistent" category....thats not a knock, but reality, and indicative of the position.

Point is, I don't see how you can bench Bryant....would you bench any of these guys above? Very very unlikely.

I drafted him....then cut him after week 1 in my mad "replace Tom Brady" scramble

He actually then cut picked up...and cut again, then picked up by the team who's now the number 1 seed going into playoffs, but hasn't seen the field I think...guy keeps benching him for Reggie Wayne

Top seed in our playoffs was up 55 pts. and already wrote his trash talkin article about how good he was and what he was gonna do in round two. Only to have Deangelo and Bryant insert his foot in his mouth to the tune of 62 combined pts. and a 7 pt. defeat. One of the most hated rivals in our league and this happens to him couldnt be sweeter :wacko:

I love it when that happens. Its fun to talk smack, but when you go overboard and become the guy nobody wants to lose to because of it, well it just makes it that much more freaken awesome seeing him lose doesn't it. :D

For comparison's sake, here are those I mentioned:

Moss

Wayne

Colston (since his Week 7 return):

Holmes:

My earlier point was that all WRs are inconsistent, as the above shows. There are very few WRs that are money EVERY week. Other than the Boldin/Fitz/Marshall/Smiths of the world (and even they have been mortal, but less frequently than the others), most WRs fall into the "inconsistent" category....thats not a knock, but reality, and indicative of the position.

Point is, I don't see how you can bench Bryant....would you bench any of these guys above? Very very unlikely.

my point was that he was inconsistent...your point is that those guys too are inconsistent...i wont dispute that fact with you but still stand by my statement that he has indeed been inconsistent :D

my point was that he was inconsistent...your point is that those guys too are inconsistent...i wont dispute that fact with you but still stand by my statement that he has indeed been inconsistent :wacko:

Now c'mon. Dude has a point.

That being said, Bryant put up 34 pts this week and still is only 13th overall in my leagues rather standard, but not PPR league. That makes him a solid WR but hardly and auto start. I mean, 34 pts is about 3x what a very good WR gets as an average so that is certainly enough to push you much higher on the list than your average would dictate.

Edited by detlef

Now c'mon. Dude has a point.

That being said, Bryant put up 34 pts this week and still is only 13th overall in my leagues rather standard, but not PPR league. That makes him a solid WR but hardly and auto start. I mean, 34 pts is about 3x what a very good WR gets as an average so that is certainly enough to push you much higher on the list than your average would dictate.

Now c'mon. I had a point too.

That being said, go back and read the thread, again!. Your sigline boy slammed the huddle for saying to bench him...I pointed out that there was nothing wrong with that suggestion due to past info. The blurb at the huddle noted his inconsistency and I said it also....that he had NOT be consistent...swami (a fellow birds fan that I like) happened to come back with "not sure you can call him inconsistent..." and then gave specific info about his league...I then came back with his weekly scoring in MY league and said that he was inconsistent....I never said he didnt have a point about the other guys...but that wasnt the point...The point is that Bryant HAS BEEN INCONSISTENT...it really isnt that hard to see....and sure where you get more points/receptions he may score more in double digits but the point swings are still going to be inconsistent.

Edited by keggerz

Now c'mon. I had a point too.

That being said, go back and read the thread, again!. Your sigline boy slammed the huddle for saying to bench him...I pointed out that there was nothing wrong with that suggestion due to past info. The blurb at the huddle noted his inconsistency and I said it also....that he had NOT be consistent...swami (a fellow birds fan that I like) happened to come back with "not sure you can call him inconsistent..." and then gave specific info about his league...I then came back with his weekly scoring in MY league and said that he was inconsistent....I never said he didnt have a point about the other guys...but that wasnt the point...The point is that Bryant HAS BEEN INCONSISTENT...it really isnt that hard to see....and sure where you get more points/receptions he may score more in double digits but the point swings are still going to be inconsistent.

Do you not agree that it is all relative? That, if production at the WR position is, by nature, inconsistent, that it is not much of an argument to single out one and call him inconsistent by pointing to swings in production that seem rather common to many?

I just checked my non PPR scoring leaders at WR and there are actually very few ranked around Bryant in total points who are putting up double digits week in and week out.

Here's a list of guys ranked around of Bryant and how many weeks out of 13 they failed to score 10 FF pts.

H Ward #20, 7 weeks

B Berrian #19, 8 weeks

TJ Housh #18, 10 weeks

Santana Moss #17, 8 weeks

Dwayne Bowe #16, 8 weeks

Reggie Wayne #15, 8 weeks

Vincent Jackson #14, 7 weeks

Antonio Bryant #13, 8 weeks

Lance Moore #12, 8 weeks

Randy Moss #11, 8 weeks

Kevin Walter #10, 7 weeks

Steve Smith #9, 4 + 2 suspended

Brandon Marshall #8, 7+ 1 suspended

TO #7, 7 weeks

Now, as I mentioned in my last post, his ranking is somewhat inflated by the fact that he blew up this last week and I also said that he's hardly an auto-start. However, while he's had among the most low scoring games of that list, he hardly sticks out like a sore thumb.

I believe that was swammi's point. We understand what you're saying. He's inconsistent. Fair enough, but if he's not particularly inconsistent relative to his peers, what's the point of bringing it up?

It should also be noted that he's trending towards better numbers. 5 of his 8 clunkers (and the worst of those clunkers as well) happened in the 1st 6 weeks. Since then, he's had more above 12 than he has below 7.

Edited by detlef

I believe that was swammi's point. We understand what you're saying. He's inconsistent. Fair enough, but if he's not particularly inconsistent relative to his peers, what's the point of bringing it up?

perfectly stated, and that indeed was my point.

To say Bryant is inconsistent is moot....to characterize someone as inconsistent means that, on some level, there is a normal level of consistency amongst his peers, which as I pointed out, there is not.

Outside of the auto-starts at WR (Boldin/Fitz/marshall/Smith), Bryant is no different than any other #1 WR.

So if you want to say Bryant is not as consistent as Boldin and the gang, I'll agree....but to characterize him as an inconsistent WR relative to most other WRs is pointless.

perfectly stated, and that indeed was my point.

To say Bryant is inconsistent is moot....to characterize someone as inconsistent means that, on some level, there is a normal level of consistency amongst his peers, which as I pointed out, there is not.

Outside of the auto-starts at WR (Boldin/Fitz/marshall/Smith), Bryant is no different than any other #1 WR.

So if you want to say Bryant is not as consistent as Boldin and the gang, I'll agree....but to characterize him as an inconsistent WR relative to most other WRs is pointless.

Now, I wouldn't go that far. Even including this last week's blow up, he's a borderline WR1 in terms of how he ranks. Again, 13th in my league. Before last week, I would guess he would have been mid to low 20s which is a borderline WR2.

Now, I wouldn't go that far. Even including this last week's blow up, he's a borderline WR1 in terms of how he ranks. Again, 13th in my league. Before last week, I would guess he would have been mid to low 20s which is a borderline WR2.

Lol...I didn't mean a fantasy #1...I meant an NFL #1. He is obviously Tampa's #1 WR, and at this point, based on his performance to date, I'd rank him ahead of the #1s of about half the NFL (give or take):

Miami

Oakland

San Fran

Saint Louis

Chicago

Minnesota

Washington

Philly

Cleveland

San Diego

Tennessee

New York Giants

New York Jets

Buffalo

and perhaps:

Kansas City

Cincy

San Diego

He's ranked 13 in your league...now look at the 10-15 ranked below him...how many are perceived as "auto-starts"? I bet there are quite a few that are perceived as "studs", yet Bryant has ourperformed them. In my league, those names include Wayne, Welker, Ward, Housh, Moore, Bowe, S. Moss, V. Jackson, Mason, Driver...many guys who are perceived as better WRs than Bryant, but haven't produced like him.

I don't buy the "well, he had one blow-up week" argument....all players have a blow-up week to pad their stats. maybe not as big as Bryants, but I think thats a testement to him, not to be used against him...take out every player's best game of the year, and I doubt the rankings change that dramatically.

Lol...I didn't mean a fantasy #1...I meant an NFL #1. He is obviously Tampa's #1 WR, and at this point, based on his performance to date, I'd rank him ahead of the #1s of about half the NFL (give or take):

I don't buy the "well, he had one blow-up week" argument....all players have a blow-up week to pad their stats. maybe not as big as Bryants, but I think thats a testement to him, not to be used against him...take out every player's best game of the year, and I doubt the rankings change that dramatically.

First off, you could have stopped at your first comment. Fair enough. Of course, we were talking about this in the context of FF, so I assumed you meant WR1

I do not disagree at all with the list of teams who's #1 WR is not as viable a FF WR.

As to the last bit. It might not move much, but it would move him down. Of the guys ranked near him, only Moss has a one week explosion on par with this past week.

now he has been very consistent....especially for a WR :wacko:

. Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 174.35 16.35 13.50 13.30 13.75 9.45 B 13.85 14.70 10.40 11.70 24.25 14.05 4.20 14.85

That's because Thigpen thought Bradley was a better WR. Now.he knows better(I hope).

I have him in an IDP league, (missed out in my local 12-team 3WR start, $ league) along with D.Williams. Steve Smith, J.Stewart..-and picked up Carlson off waivers too! (had TB Def too, but we all know how that worked out for me..-4)

Went into Monday night, down by like 54. wrote a congratulatory post to my opponent, as I smelled imminent defeat; and loss of 1st place..as my 3rd ranked opponent would have jumped the #2 team who had lost, and we would all be same record (cept points, 3rd had me by like 80 pts..)

I watch the game pissed at TB's atrocious new 'ArmTackling' lessons they failed miserably to implement into this weeks scheme..

I digress..

and as you can all see from the list of (whom became STUDS for this week) guys who had big nights and I won by like 40!

and retained the 1st place matchup vs 8th team. and what hopes to be Fantasy Bliss.

Inconsistant is true, but dude has been in my lineup as my "Flex" and always seem s to be chipping in his share.. this week Was A PLETHORA of fantasy bounty. and I thank Bryant.

But I can only wonder if I can get even Half of that effort next week!!

'cus if I can get Bryant and Carlson to give half, or more of those efforts next week too, I will be in nice shape for the award round...

now he has been very consistent....especially for a WR :wacko:

. Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR 174.35 16.35 13.50 13.30 13.75 9.45 B 13.85 14.70 10.40 11.70 24.25 14.05 4.20 14.85

I guess I'll give you that, but if you look at his numbers....

2 single digit outputs, and 6 others where he was 13'ish points or less....a total of 8 games (out of 15) where his output averaged about 5 catches for 63 yards.

Mr. Inconsistent is at it again.

I wonder how many had him on the pine this week, especially with Griese under center?

Ouch to those that put him on the bench.

Not me :D

:D Pulled him last minute. What an asshole I am

Mr. Inconsistent is at it again.

I wonder how many had him on the pine this week, especially with Griese under center?

Ouch to those that put him on the bench.

Not me :D

We start 3 WR and he's my #3 behind A. Johnson and R. White. I can afford to gamble and play him every week. He's killing it again.