[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wild Card Games

THE SIX KINGS

4 Home Underdogs :wacko:

Likely a first for that to happen, eh?

That being said, gotta think Miami might be the best suited to pull the "upset".

And if the Vikings can run on the Eagles, they too could win....Eagles haven't played well offensively against the better defenses that have forced them to abandon the run (see Washington 2x, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Chicago)....5 of their 6 losses were to top-8 defenses.

I could easily see both Atlanta and Indy winning their games.

+1 big time.... Indy's 12-4 and while the Chargers are ridin' high after a hugh win, LT is hurt and Indy, again, is 12-4 and Manning should be able to pick apart that horrible Bolt secondary.

Not so sure about the Falcons. Playoff games are played at a whole 'nother level/speed. Adrian Wilson and the LB pair of Hayes/Dansby will make it tough on the Falcon offense. And we know the Card offense can score.

I like Indy, Zona, Ravens and Philly.

+1 big time.... Indy's 12-4 and while the Chargers are ridin' high after a hugh win, LT is hurt and Indy, again, is 12-4 and Manning should be able to pick apart that horrible Bolt secondary.

Not so sure about the Falcons. Playoff games are played at a whole 'nother level/speed. Adrian Wilson and the LB pair of Hayes/Dansby will make it tough on the Falcon offense. And we know the Card offense can score.

I like Indy, Zona, Ravens and Philly.

I hope so. LT's hurt again?

Who's Favre playing this week? :wacko:

Arizona is going to smoke Atlanta before getting killed in the Divisional. Minnesota is going to beat Philadelphia as well.

I'm suspicious of Baltimore, but I'm equally as suspicious of Miami. It's really too bad that San Diego and Indianapolis have to play this weekend, as they are the two best teams playing this weekend.

Saturday:

Arizona is a paper tiger. As long as they are playing weak teams (NFC West), they look like world beaters. So it's good that they are getting Atlanta, it's about the only team they have a chance against. But I'm still going to give this one to Atlanta, 3 points or less.

Speaking of weak West Coast Teams..... Manning and Company will pick them apart. Over by halftime.

Sunday:

Philly matches up well with Minny, I think the Eagles could make some noise and could very well be playing in the NFC Championship (You have no idea how much that hurt). Philly by 10.

Time for Pennington's bubble to burst, Ravens in a rout.....

Saturday:

Arizona is a paper tiger. As long as they are playing weak teams (NFC West), they look like world beaters. So it's good that they are getting Atlanta, it's about the only team they have a chance against. But I'm still going to give this one to Atlanta, 3 points or less.

Speaking of weak West Coast Teams..... Manning and Company will pick them apart. Over by halftime.

Sunday:

Philly matches up well with Minny, I think the Eagles could make some noise and could very well be playing in the NFC Championship (You have no idea how much that hurt). Philly by 10.

Time for Pennington's bubble to burst, Ravens in a rout.....

at least most Dallas fans have been troopers about this...

the way the Eagles bounced all over Dallas...it reminded me of what Dallas did to us back in the early-mid 90's...

also....I'm hoping that the Superbowl in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective was a 14 year or so prediction...

but umm...my picks are..

Atlanta (easiest pick IMO)

Colts

Ravens

I won't even begin to jinx the eagles here....and who I think will win doesn't matter.........unless I think the Eagles will lose, of course..

I could see Atlanta losing, and Philly, but not Indy. I dont think there's a chance SD pulls that one out.

After watching the Chargers offense cut through Denver's defense like a blowtorch through butter, I don't see the crappy Colts defense holding them to under 28 points. It's tough to win a playoff game that way.

After watching the Chargers offense cut through Denver's defense like a blowtorch through butter, I don't see the crappy Colts defense holding them to under 28 points. It's tough to win a playoff game that way.

I dunno...the Broncos D gets cut up by everyone...

the Colts D is better than that with Bob sanders in the lineup....is he hurt?

the problem with the Colts is the mediocre at best run game....not that they'll have a problem against the Chargers D, but if they face the Steelers or Titans, I think they would get shut down...

I dunno...the Broncos D gets cut up by everyone...

the Colts D is better than that with Bob sanders in the lineup....is he hurt?

You're correct about them being better than Denver's D, but they're not very good either (despite what the rankings suggest). They can't stop the run and their LBs and DBs often make guys like David Garrard look like Tom Brady. And although Freeney is clearly getting healthier, their pass rush is a shell of what it was a couple of years ago.

the problem with the Colts is the mediocre at best run game....

This is true, and it will become even more of a problem if they play in adverse weather.

Edited by Bill Swerski

I like Atlanta, Baltimore, and Philly this weekend. Although the Colts are predominant favorites over the Chargers and deserve to be based on record alone, I believe this game will be closer than many think. The Colts and Chargers have played some great games recently (lots of excitement, several lead changes). The past 4 or 5 times, the game has gone down to the wire, not being decided until the final minute or drive. These teams have mutual respect for each other and know each other well. Both teams are hot, but the homer in me says the Chargers will win in a closely contested game. In order to do this though, they'll have to contain Freeney and Mathis off the edges. The weakness in the Chargers OLine this season has been the play of their tackles (McNeil and Clary) and they better protect Rivers if they want to win. Freeney has had his way against McNeil in previous meetings. And I think it was Mathis who blew past Clary in the game earlier this season and forced a fumble. On defense, the Chargers will need to pressure Manning and contain Dallas Clark. We've been terrible covering TEs all season and the LBs and safetys will need to step up in this game.

You're correct about them being better than Denver's D, but they're not very good either (despite what the rankings suggest). They can't stop the run and their LBs and DBs often make guys like David Garrard look like Tom Brady. And although Freeney is clearly getting healthier, their pass rush is a shell of what it was a couple of years ago.

This is true, and it will become even more of a problem if they play in adverse weather.

I agree....I just think that the Colts D can be good enough if the offense is clicking.....AT LEAST FOR THIS WEEK...

how far can they go with a mediocre D and run game?......not to mention Manning just not having the same chemistry that he normally does with the offense which probably has everything to do with him missing all of the pre-season and training camp with his injury....