[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Top 5 Keeper RB's for next year

Capt. Stanky

One other thing I wanted to mention is that while AP is in a league of his own talent wise, he's just not a great fantasy back, especially in PPR format. If he doesn't get in the endzone you're left with 100yds and like 2 rec. I'm infatuated with MJD. I personally think we're looking at a more durable Brian Westbrook. If Jacksonville feels he can handle a full load I don't see any reason why he can't be the top fantasy back in all the land, IMHO.

Their styles are completely different. MJD needs Jacksonville to be good or decent in order for him to be effective. Westbrook often times has better numbers when his team is trailing. In order for MJD to be the top back, Jacksonville would have to go 12-4 at least. IMO they are a team that is regressing. MJD is talented enough to be top 3, but with as bad as I think that team is going to be next season, I would have a hard time putting MJD in my top 7 preseason. It would be different if they could throw. As some of you know, Fred Taylor is one of my special man crushes. When I asked MJD about Freddy leaving, he seemed incredibly confident that Taylor would be back with the team next season. I don't think it effects MJD's numbers either way.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their styles are completely different. MJD needs Jacksonville to be good or decent in order for him to be effective. Westbrook often times has better numbers when his team is trailing. In order for MJD to be the top back, Jacksonville would have to go 12-4 at least. IMO they are a team that is regressing. MJD is talented enough to be top 3, but with as bad as I think that team is going to be next season, I would have a hard time putting MJD in my top 7 preseason. It would be different if they could throw. As some of you know, Fred Taylor is one of my special man crushes. When I asked MJD about Freddy leaving, he seemed incredibly confident that Taylor would be back with the team next season. I don't think it effects MJD's numbers either way.

I hear you, but MJD was the #3 back in standard PPR format this year. Fred Taylor might be back, but he would have to take a significant pay cut. Even if he is back it's clear that Jack is moving in the direction of MJD. I also don't see any reason why this team can't bounce back next year. They should have most of their O-line back, and possibly a high round pick at that position taboot.

To emphasize my point about AP, he was the #9 scoring RB in PPR leagues this year.

I am in agreement here. UNLESS MN gets a viable QB, Peterson is going to be a great RB but not #1FF RB. He is becoming a Barry Sanders clone. 10 rushes for 3 yards and 1 big rush. You can not have the #1 FF RB standing on the sideline in the 4th quarter of a game because he can't pass block or the coach doesn't trust him. Defenses will continue to stack the box against him. He will have the big game from time to time but Chester is still in the mix especially on third downs and in the red zone. Just can't put him at #1 unless I know the Vikings are going to use him in all facits of the game.

I am in agreement here. UNLESS MN gets a viable QB, Peterson is going to be a great RB but not #1FF RB. He is becoming a Barry Sanders clone. 10 rushes for 3 yards and 1 big rush. You can not have the #1 FF RB standing on the sideline in the 4th quarter of a game because he can't pass block or the coach doesn't trust him. Defenses will continue to stack the box against him. He will have the big game from time to time but Chester is still in the mix especially on third downs and in the red zone. Just can't put him at #1 unless I know the Vikings are going to use him in all facits of the game.

Am I missing something or did AD just lead the league in rushing in his 2nd year? In a non PPR, I will take that kind of easy money to the bank all day long.

Am I missing something or did AD just lead the league in rushing in his 2nd year? In a non PPR, I will take that kind of easy money to the bank all day long.

I guess they expect the season LT had when he set the TD record.

2300 total yards and 31 TD's.

APete (with apologies to PPR)

Portis

Turner

MJD

Westbrook

Plus -- Mendenhall comes back healthy and schooled and hungry ... Not top five by any means, but gonna be fun to have for the STEEEEEEELERS ...

Edited by Donutrun Jellies

Turner worries me because of his big workload last season. Maybe he can overcome that next year because he wasn't used much early in his carrer but history suggests he peaked in 2008. D-Williams is a quagmire with Stewart there. I am guessing I won't have either of those 2 players on my teams next year in any of my leagues because I won't pick them with a top 5 pick most likely. S-Jackson I think will be the player everyone thought he would have been in 2008 next year. Jackson will go late round 1 and be worth a top 3 pick.

I still have him listed at #2 and that's because he's safe, but I don't think he has the upside that allot of the other backs have. He doesn't catch the ball. Even in a Non PPR league that hurts. He doesn't score allot of TD's, but as it's been stated before, if they get a real QB that might change.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

• 7 months later...

I thought it would be fun to revisit this one before the season. Here's where my top 5 stand now:

1.AP - With Brett Favre onboard I see allot of TD's in AP's future. I also think that ultimately his talent just wins out. While I still think he's not the greatest fantasy back, he's by far the safest. There's allot to be said for that with all the question marks at RB this year.

2.MJD - Yes, I have moved MJD down just a notch. I still have mad love for mighty mouse, but it looks like the O-line is going to take some time to gel. I still think MJD will get consistent pts regardless, but I don't see his big games coming until at least 4 games in.

3.Forte - This guy is just so fundamentally sound. Nothing flashy about him, but he's going to be on the field a whole lot. By far the most consistent RB in the league last year.

4.D-Will - J-Stew's linguring injury has bumped D-Will up my board. I don't see Carolina running for so many yards and TD's again this year, but I still see great #'s for D-Will

5.S-Jax - STL is going to pound that rock this year. They have a 90 to 85 run to pas ratio in the pre-season. Spags knows that S-Jax is by far his best offensive weapon. He will feature him early and often. I see S-Jax getting back into the 60 70 Rec range this year.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

AP - Should have another stellar year with a veteran QB in Farve

D. Williams - Leading TD scorer last year and should get more touches than last year. Plus, he looked unstoppable in preseason this year.

K. Smith - I see great things out of this kid this year. If either Staffor or Culpepper can get the passing game going, Smith should get some nice openings this year.

C. Wells - This one is my sleeper. Ar needs a strong rushing attack to finish the tandum. TH just isn't the man to do it and Wells (when healthy) if an explosive runner with sheer leg power. If the kid gets the opportunity, he can get soem staggering numbers this year.

M. Turner - Had a great year last year, but I don't expect to see those kind of numbers this year, but will still have a good seasson.