[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets moving up?

Shorttynaz

NFL Network is reporting that the Jets are trading this years AND next years #1 pick to the Rams to move up to the #2 spot to take Sanchez??

I'm not a Jets fan by any means, but SERIOUSLY?? Sanchez is gonna be a bust! I'd take this deal and run like hell if I were the Rams..

I would think it would be smarter (if the Rams really do like Sanchez ) to take Sanchez at 2 and trade Bulger to the Jets for th 17th pick and then take a tackle.

That being said, I am not sold on Sanchez either . . .

Problem is that Bulger isn't worth the 17th pick (imo).

NFL Network is reporting that the Jets are trading this years AND next years #1 pick to the Rams to move up to the #2 spot to take Sanchez??

I'm not a Jets fan by any means, but SERIOUSLY?? Sanchez is gonna be a bust! I'd take this deal and run like hell if I were the Rams..

A bust? Can you present that argument? He seems like a good prospect but only if he sits for a year or two in my opinion.

He's started what 16 games? Sure it's 16 more than Matt Cassel, but I think he needs to sit and learn. He seems to understand the game and shows a desire to learn so I think he'll be successful if he doesn't have to start right away.

Problem is that Bulger isn't worth the 17th pick (imo).

Oh I agree . . . but when your starting QB right now is Kellen Clemons, the relative value of a startable QB goes up.

Bulger was actually a good QB whne his O-line kept him off his back. The Jets ahve a good o-line so Bulger would be a good fit there, IMO.

The Rams would be wise to just sit tight and take Smith. Bulger isnt the problem there. Bulger was one of the elite QBs not too long ago. All he needs is some time to make the throws.

I don't know that I'd ever call Bulger "elite" but he was good enough.

I don't know that I'd ever call Bulger "elite" but he was good enough.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=2299

2006 he had 4300 yards, 24 TDs. Thats elite IMO. Yeah that was one year, but he followed that with an injury season, then a few solid seasons. That was about the time the OL was falling apart. He might not be in Mannings class, but he is far from a QB that needs to be replaced. Give him a decent OL and he will give them a decent season at QB.

2006 he had 4300 yards, 24 TDs. Thats elite IMO. Yeah that was one year, but he followed that with an injury season, then a few solid seasons. That was about the time the OL was falling apart. He might not be in Mannings class, but he is far from a QB that needs to be replaced. Give him a decent OL and he will give them a decent season at QB.

I'm basically just arguing semantics. Unless Bulger has regressed dramatically, I agree he probably isn't the Rams' biggest problem.

Ha ha ha ha ha! Sanchez to Jets, enjoy the 5-10 year setback. Just kidding, I just can't see justifying trading up to the 5th pick to get an UNPROVEN player. So glad the heehawks passed on him. I seriously doubt that Clements will have a hard time beating him out this year, next year and the year after that. Maybe if they do bad enough next year, they will have a shot at McCoy. :wacko:

It wouldn't be an NFL draft without the Jets doing something memorable and seeing the reaction of their fans. :wacko:

I'm ready for the NFL to move the Draft venue. I'm tired of seeing the reaction of Jets (AND Giants) fans.