[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Pereira defends refs on Browns/Steelers 1st down call

soulrebel

In case you missed it, NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira was on NFL Total Access yesterday, defending the ref's call fhat gave the Steelers a first down on 4th and short, despite blatant visual evidence to the contrary.

Here's video of the segment, where Pereira blames it all on camera angles. The article goes on to point out that even members of the Steelers on the field could tell they were short of the first down. Was it their camera angles as well?

SHOCKER: Mike Pereira Defends Referees

Edited by soulrebel

In case you missed it, NFL VP of Officiating Mike Pereira was on NFL Total Access yesterday, defending the ref's call fhat gave the Steelers a first down on 4th and short, despite blatant visual evidence to the contrary.

Here's video of the segment, where Pereira blames it all on camera angles. The article goes on to point out that even members of the Steelers on the field could tell they were short of the first down. Was it their camera angles as well?

SHOCKER: Mike Pereira Defends Referees

All I know is that the the view they showed of them first stretching the chains showed that it was clearly short of the first down. Then, the network cameras panned away, and then went to a close up of Buddy Ryan's son cursing, all the while, they were still huddled over the ball. If nothing changed, then, yes, it was CLEARLY a blown call. I just can't imagine a group of officials all agreeing with it. :wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Yeah, I saw NFL Total Access last night and he's right. The camera angle isn't down the line so there's no way any TV viewer can legitimately argue the ref's call. I mean, you gotta give the ref the benefit of the doubt since he's literally standing on top of the chains.

Yes, but, you forgot about the conspiracy that leads to all of the Steelers success. :wacko:

Yes, but, you forgot about the conspiracy that leads to all of the Steelers success. :wacko:

For more info on this, ask your nearest Seahawks fan. :D

Yeah I did not at agree with the Brandon Marshall call. Kicking a football is a delay of game call. How in the world can you delay the game inside of a play? This is something that needs to be reworked. After the play penalties should not be able to be off set by in play penalties.

+1

But I'm still confused on Pereira's explanation of the other penalty reviewed on NFL TA...

He said that the the PI on Brandon Marshall and Marshall's unsportsmanlike were offsetting? Pereira said that Marshall's penalty is NOT a dead-ball foul? How is that? It's clearly after the play is dead, yeah?

Yeah I did not at agree with the Brandon Marshall call. Kicking a football is a delay of game call. How in the world can you delay the game inside of a play? This is something that needs to be reworked. After the play penalties should not be able to be off set by in play penalties.

He said both were considered major fouls regardless of dead ball or not and major fouls cancel each other out.

Blame it on the ref that was failing, failing

Blame it on the stripes that didn’t get it right

Whatever you do don't put the blame on your team

Blame it on the refs yeah yeah

You can blame it on the refs

Cos the refs are blind

And the refs aren’t fair

You got to blame it on something

(Blame it on the refs)

(Blame it on the stripes)

Blame it on the refs yeah, yeah

:wacko:

Edited by Menudo

Blame it on the ref that was failing, failing

Blame it on the stripes that didn’t get it right

Blame it on the refs yeah yeah

You can blame it on the refs

Cos the refs are blind

And the refs aren’t fair

You got to blame it on something

(Blame it on the refs)

(Blame it on the stripes)

Blame it on the refs yeah, yeah

:D

As a Cowboys fan and a Pitts hater (soo many painful childhood memories...Jackie Smith mustta got piad off by Rooney - talk about conspiracies :D) BUT kudos to Menudo for his Milli Vanilli lyrics!!

Well "played" sir... :wacko:

KO'd

Actually kicking a football is unsportsmanlike conduct. Spiking the ball except for a touchdown is delay of game.