[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Leon washington on the cart

Randall

I drafted Shonn Greene in my rookie draft and planned on sitting on him until next year. I hate to get good fortune from someone else's injury - especiallly a season ending one.

Leon Washington will miss the season with a broken fibula, according to Mike Florio of profootballtalk.

Washington will undergo surgery in Oakland because the bone broke through his skin, raising fears for infection. It's a crushing loss for Washington, who has turned down competitive contract extension offers from the Jets. Broken bones usually don't mean long-term damage, though, and Washington is expected to recover in 12 weeks. Shonn Green will get more snaps and should be picked up in all available leagues. Oct. 25 - 7:34 pm et

Source: PFT on NBCSports

Ouch!

So awesome considering I have an agreed trade pending for Washington that, due to the voting period overlapping with this week's deadline, will make me the proud owner of Washington's broken fibula next week!

:wacko:

If the trade hadn't been finalized, my main league would have voided it because of the injury.

Not to be heartless bastage, but how did Greene look? I'm considering trying to grab the guy in a few leagues as he put up good numbers. It was against Oakland though so who knows. I haven't even seen a highlight so I was wondering if anyone saw how the kid looked? I'm guessing Greene gets 10-12 touches a game? Any opinions would help a brotha out.

i had some buddies in town to celebrate passing the bar. 3 of them are in my main 12 team league. i made a drunken 3 am trade with one of them: Leon for Larry Johnson. it was processed sunday morning and i was happy to start the mighty LJ (not really just tired of Leon). we got to the bar just in time to see Leon on the cart....still laughing.

Jets | Washington to IR

Mon, 26 Oct 2009 13:25:14 -0700

Dennis Waszak Jr., of The Associated Press, reports the New York Jets placed RB Leon Washington (fibula) on the Injured Reserve List Monday, Oct. 26. He underwent season-ending surgery in which a rod was inserted into his broken right leg. The team is expecting Washington to make a full recovery. The team is expecting Washington to make a full recovery but remains unsure as to when he will be healthy enough to play again.

<rant> Why do sports writers use the phrase "season-ending surgery"? As if Washington was questionable week 8 when his fibula broke in two and popped out through his skin, but when they put the rod in it, well, they had no choice but to put him on IR. Who is the idiot that came up with this, and why is it still being used, especially in contexts like this? </rant>

Now that the rant's over, I understand why it's used when someone has an injury that they may be able to play through and it's their decision to have surgery that ends the season for them. But come on, the guy had a compound fracture in is calf, the fat lady had already sung.