[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you dropped the kicker you played the previous week, the system had no data to pull from the previous week to insert your new kicker. MFL does not make any roster decisions of any type for you, the only thing it does (and this is only if the commish has the option set) is pre-check all your starters from the previous week and it will submit this as your starting lineup if you do not make any changes yourself. It's not a matter of it "benching" your new kicker, it simply submitted the information it had at hand from the previous week.

In my experience (i have used Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, and MFL) MFL blows away all the other sites with it's league customization features and available reports. One league I play in has a blind bidding waiver system with different minimum bid amounts by position and then an open waiver period after the initial blind period passes where you can pick up any player for the minimum at that position. MFL handles this flawlessly. No other site we tried could do that. Even the fluff they add is sweet. Has anyone else checked out the new Fantasy Recaps page under Reports/Franchise/Fantasy Recaps? It's pretty cool, it makes up post game reports based on the stats from each fantasy game that week.

Since you dropped the kicker you played the previous week, the system had no data to pull from the previous week to insert your new kicker. MFL does not make any roster decisions of any type for you, the only thing it does (and this is only if the commish has the option set) is pre-check all your starters from the previous week and it will submit this as your starting lineup if you do not make any changes yourself. It's not a matter of it "benching" your new kicker, it simply submitted the information it had at hand from the previous week.

This is partly correct. MFL apparently has an option called "Best Possible Lineup", which apparently many leagues use so this type of mistake (as well as bye week oversights) are not made. With this option, MFL uses your prior week's line-up, benches any bye-week players, and inserts players it feels (based on its rankings) would be the best option. It is up to each owner to then go back and make any changes they want to make if they don't agree with MFl's "best options". Our league has the option turned off. had it been on, my error would have been corrected.

I do appreciate all the responses. As I said from page 1 of this thread, this was no ones fault but my own for not taking the two extra seconds to check my lineup Saturday after waivers ran Friday night. I set my line-up Wednesday, activated my only kicker, decided Friday to go with what I thought was a better option at kicker and placed a waiver claim. Waiver was granted, starting kicker was removed from my team, and new kicker was added to my roster...just not activated. My bad, and it will never happen again now that I know how it works.

This is partly correct. MFL apparently has an option called "Best Possible Lineup", which apparently many leagues use so this type of mistake (as well as bye week oversights) are not made. With this option, MFL uses your prior week's line-up, benches any bye-week players, and inserts players it feels (based on its rankings) would be the best option. It is up to each owner to then go back and make any changes they want to make if they don't agree with MFl's "best options". Our league has the option turned off. had it been on, my error would have been corrected.

I do appreciate all the responses. As I said from page 1 of this thread, this was no ones fault but my own for not taking the two extra seconds to check my lineup Saturday after waivers ran Friday night. I set my line-up Wednesday, activated my only kicker, decided Friday to go with what I thought was a better option at kicker and placed a waiver claim. Waiver was granted, starting kicker was removed from my team, and new kicker was added to my roster...just not activated. My bad, and it will never happen again now that I know how it works.

I believe you are mistaken on the Best Possible Lineup functionality. If memory serves, this is a best ball setting. In other words, it would adjust your lineup after the games are over to maximize the scoring. From what I've read in this thread, this is not what you want.

I believe you are mistaken on the Best Possible Lineup functionality. If memory serves, this is a best ball setting. In other words, it would adjust your lineup after the games are over to maximize the scoring. From what I've read in this thread, this is not what you want.

:wacko:

This is the cut-n-paste response from MFL customer service:

Your system is not set up to use the Best Lineups option, therefore it will never automatically submit players for your lineup. It will copy lineup from the previous week, but only those players that were in the lineup the week before are copied to the new week.

You must ALWAYS submit a lineup if you wish to include a new player. The system will never automatically submit players for you unless you have the best lineup option defined for the league.

Smithkt's definition is correct.

With he Best Lineup option turned on, at the end of the week, each team's lineup is then automatically submitted to receive the maximum possible points for that week. It is a best ball league.

It does not submit a lineup for you in advance based on any sort of projections.

The only way for it to submit a lineup for you in advance is to turn on the feature to automatically submit the previous week's lineup at some point in time.

ETA: From the MFL help Section:

How do I Set the system to use the Best Lineups ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answer: You can enable this setting in the For Commissioner > Setup > Starting Lineup Setup. Choose the option “Instead of submitting starting lineups, starting lineups are automatically determined by the system based on the best-scoring players on a franchise roster?”.

If this setting is enabled there will be no need for owners to submit weekly lineups as the Best Scoring Players will always fill the Lineup once games are complete.

Edited by Big Country

Yep, smith and BC are correct. So I set another email better describing what transpired, hoping for a more detailed answer. I'll post it when i get it.

FWIW, here is the follow-up question I asked:

I guess my question was more in regard to the program itself. Here again is the scenario:

1. My roster only had 1 kicker. Last week, I submitted a starting lineup with that kicker in it on Wednesday.

2. Our waivers run Friday nights. I wanted to try to upgrade my only kicker, so I put a request in for another kicker. It was granted.

3. Why wasn't the new kicker, which replaced the ONLY kicker I had on my roster, inserted into my lineup as a replacement for my prior kicker, who i had activated? That is, why did MFL think that I would want my new kicker not active, when he was the only kicker on my roster?

I am sure this has happened to other fantasy players. It seems odd that MFL would have its program set up this way. I start my one and only kicker, decide to replace him with another via waivers, and when granted, the new kicker does not replace my old kicker in my lineup? Seems very odd. I posted this on a football message board, and apparently, this has happened to other people...like me, too late to do anything about it.

Can you explain why MFL has its program set up this way? Is there a reason MFL would not insert the new kicker (and only one on my roster) into my lineup?

Thank you.

Yep, smith and BC are correct. So I set another email better describing what transpired, hoping for a more detailed answer. I'll post it when i get it.

FWIW, here is the follow-up question I asked:

I guess my question was more in regard to the program itself. Here again is the scenario:

1. My roster only had 1 kicker. Last week, I submitted a starting lineup with that kicker in it on Wednesday.

2. Our waivers run Friday nights. I wanted to try to upgrade my only kicker, so I put a request in for another kicker. It was granted.

3. Why wasn't the new kicker, which replaced the ONLY kicker I had on my roster, inserted into my lineup as a replacement for my prior kicker, who i had activated? That is, why did MFL think that I would want my new kicker not active, when he was the only kicker on my roster?

I am sure this has happened to other fantasy players. It seems odd that MFL would have its program set up this way. I start my one and only kicker, decide to replace him with another via waivers, and when granted, the new kicker does not replace my old kicker in my lineup? Seems very odd. I posted this on a football message board, and apparently, this has happened to other people...like me, too late to do anything about it.

Can you explain why MFL has its program set up this way? Is there a reason MFL would not insert the new kicker (and only one on my roster) into my lineup?

Thank you.

:D:D some good stuff right here

this thread is unreal :D we have all made a lineup error in the past, personally the thought to blame MFL never crossed my mind.

just submit your F*cking lineup :wacko:

:D:D some good stuff right here

this thread is unreal :D we have all made a lineup error in the past, personally the thought to blame MFL never crossed my mind.

just submit your F*cking lineup :wacko:

Dear MFL,

I didn't submit my player into the starting lineup like I should have. How come you didn't do it for me?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by bushwacked

I can't believe this thread has swelled to 4 pages and it's still on topic. I bet you never forget to submit your lineup again :wacko:

:D Me either.

And no doubt, I will never make this error in MFL again, now that I know it operates differently than the most popular league-management system.