[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL

i_am_the_swammi

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...It never even occured to me that I had to go back into the "Submit Starting Lineups" page and activate the new kicker. Why would I?

Because the original lineup that you submitted was invalidated as soon as you changed your team roster - the player you had listed as your starting PK was no longer on your team. This post MUST be a fishing trip that I've fallen for, or I am just missing something in the described sequence of events.

:wacko:

Edited by ts

So, you've been playing FF for 21 years, and you've NEVER run into this scenario on MFL before? That's the most surprising part of this whole thread, IMO. I've been playing for about that long as well, and I'm sure I've been burned by something similar at some point, but it was too long ago for me to remember for sure. For that exact reason, I make sure I submit (or re-submit) my lineup every time I make an acquisition that might affect my lineup. Too many leagues/sites for me to try to remember what FF sites do what, in terms of rosters/lineups.

I can't believe they haven't made software that can read your mind. :D

is it tool-week or something? Been drinking all day???? there must be something to warrant your post. :D

Does the software really have to read my mind to figure out that, if I only have 1 kicker who I just aquired by dropping the only other kicker on my roster....that I likely want to start him? Or is that more intuitive proramming by those that create the software?

Moreover, why would I want him benched and go with no kicker at all? :wacko:

So, you've been playing FF for 21 years, and you've NEVER run into this scenario on MFL before? That's the most surprising part of this whole thread, IMO. I've been playing for about that long as well, and I'm sure I've been burned by something similar at some point, but it was too long ago for me to remember for sure. For that exact reason, I make sure I submit (or re-submit) my lineup every time I make an acquisition that might affect my lineup. Too many leagues/sites for me to try to remember what FF sites do what, in terms of rosters/lineups.

Yep, lesson defintiely learned.

I just don't know why they would program it that way in the first place?

is it tool-week or something? Been drinking all day???? there must be something to warrant your post. :D

Does the software really have to read my mind to figure out that, if I only have 1 kicker who I just aquired by dropping the only other kicker on my roster....that I likely want to start him? Or is that more intuitive proramming by those that create the software?

Moreover, why would I want him benched and go with no kicker at all? :wacko:

I drank my first bloody mary after re-checking my lineups.

Any time you mess with your roster at MFL, you had BETTER triple check your line ups. In one league this week I submitted it 3 times before the starters I actually checked off went into my starting line up. Never had that problem before. But, I look at my line ups in every league at least 3 times before the games start on Sunday. This is a must, unless one doesn't follow last minute inactives.

Now, I just wish there was a way to know about benchings. I :wacko: on yer shoes, Kubiak, you wanker.

He's an Eagles fan...confusion and anger are a way of life. :wacko:

:D not today their not.

I get the funny jokes. Always fun to give someone some grief when they make a mistake they had no idea they were making.

Strangely, not one reply makes mention of why MFL would program their website to automatically bench the only player available at a given position. I know its on me to re-check my line-up....I just can't figure out for the life of me why the default setting isn't to start you only available player, rather than to bench him. Seems like it would be easier on everyone to do the opposite :D

Did you put the new PK in your starting lineup for the week? I think the league settings determine if "last weeks starters" are used by default on MFL if the owner does not submit a lineup, so it may be that you ended up with no PK today due to that?

Exactly,this is just how it is.Bottom line check your lineup every Sunday and make sure your starters have a checkmark in the box.Plain and simple.

:D not today their not.

I get the funny jokes. Always fun to give someone some grief when they make a mistake they had no idea they were making.

Strangely, not one reply makes mention of why MFL would program their website to automatically bench the only player available at a given position. I know its on me to re-check my line-up....I just can't figure out for the life of me why the default setting isn't to start you only available player, rather than to bench him. Seems like it would be easier on everyone to do the opposite :wacko:

It's not that it is programmed to bench any player, it is programmed to use the last legal lineup that YOU submitted, and all lineup changes are to be made by YOU. It does not automatically put in a lineup for you in any way except to utilize the previous week's lineup, but only if that is how your commissioner has set the league up.

As I mentioned earlier, there are legitimate strategical situations where it actually makes sense to bench a player and take a zero for the position.

As I mentioned earlier, there are legitimate strategical situations where it actually makes sense to bench a player and take a zero for the position.

I am sure there are...but I am guessing those situations are very very few and far between. Just a hunch, but my guess is that 99% of situations likely dictate that the average fantasy player would want the only available player at a given positon active for that week.

And if thats the case, I don't get why the program wouldn't be set-up as such.

In CBS, Yahoo! and ESPN leagues, when you click on "Set My Lineup", if you have no kicker or defense, you get a message that states "invalid lineup" if you are required to start a K or DEF. Additionally, if you have two kickers, and drop the one that had been starting the prior week, the other is naturally activated as he is the only one available to make your lineup "valid".

I think both are great ideas :wacko: