[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sam Adams

darin3

I used to be VERY anti-Sam Adams but have come around....they've got a solid portfolio. Not one of my go-to beers but in the absence of any better and/or more compelling choices, it's never a bad idea.

The Summer is, for lack of a better word, nice. Light, crisp with a hint of a bite. Great beer for after you've just watched your wife mow the lawn.

:lol: What sort of dillweed lets his wife mow the lawn? ... :wacko:

And yeah, in response to Puddy (forgot to quote that post), I totally remember back in middle or high school, when I started to like Metallica, and one of my "cool" friends says "yeah, I used to like them, but now they're too popular". I was like :tup:

My whole thing is... if you like something, you like it. Who gives two flying fuqs what everyone else thinks. A wine snob friend of my wife's says "the best wine in the world... is the one that you like the best, period." Sounds good to me.

I had 6 Miller Lights tonight. I'm not a hugh Miller Light fan, but they came cheap in a bucket, and my wife and her good friend love 'em, so I rolled with it. I'm good like that. :tup:

i disagree. i find their best bier to be about C+...maybe B-

edit: i'll add that i do appreciate the variety they offer. they play with a lot traditional (an less common)types of bier.

the Noble Pils is a solid offering. The others, meh. I will get crucified for saying this, but the Shiner 101, Czech Pils, is by far the best American made Pilsener I have ever had.

I am really liking the Brew Dog offerings, they are the brew du jour in the house these days.

My whole thing is... if you like something, you like it. Who gives two flying fuqs what everyone else thinks. A wine snob friend of my wife's says "the best wine in the world... is the one that you like the best, period." Sounds good to me.

i am all for people drinking what they enjoy. i am not in favor of people deluding themselves.

the Noble Pils is a solid offering. The others, meh. I will get crucified for saying this, but the Shiner 101, Czech Pils, is by far the best American made Pilsener I have ever had.

I am really liking the Brew Dog offerings, they are the brew du jour in the house these days.

so, i would look at how the nobel pils holds up vs. all of the other pils in the world.... i still would place it around average.

I find myself guilty of this sometimes as well. I haven't purchased Sam Adams regularly from the store in quite a while even though I know I still like some of their beers. I buy more and more microbrews which I love but I wonder if I'm shying away from SA because I don't look like the beer dork I'm trying to be. :wacko:

or perhaps your beer palate has evolved.

sam adams is alright for what they are. I like that they are trying to popularize some classic styles, and they've been at it for a long time. sort of like new belgium, except that I think new belgium does it a little more effectively (at least in terms of the quality of the final product) and more authentically. the sam adams brew I actually buy a fair amount is the SA light. I know I know, light beer, booooooo. but it's actually one of their more pleasant and better balanced beers IMO. and you can kill a few without totally overloading the carbs. I think it blows amstel out of the water.

Havin' my first SA Summer Ale as we type here... not bad. Not quite as fruity as I expected. Light enough to where I could easily kill 5-6 on a warm summer afternoon. Good overall taste. :tup:

rising moon. nice sunny day and glancing at the slopes of keystone

:wacko:

the sam adams brew I actually buy a fair amount is the SA light. I know I know, light beer, booooooo. but it's actually one of their more pleasant and better balanced beers IMO. and you can kill a few without totally overloading the carbs. I think it blows amstel out of the water.

Gotta agree here. Recently I've been trying to reduce my caloric intake to maximize my P90X experience without completely giving up beer. I immediately wrote off Bud Light, Miller Lite, etc. and figured I'd try to find beer that might have some taste and body but still limited the calories. I bought a six-pack of Beck's Premium Light. Only 64 calories and now I know why...it tastes just slightly different than water. Moved on to Heineken Light and it tastes exactly like Beck's Light but with 99 calories. Sam Adams Light is actually a nice beer. Now it does have slightly more calories but not as much as the IPA's, Scotch Ales, etc. that I have grown accustomed to.

So my plan for the summer is SA Light and Guinness on the days I decide to enjoy a couple of beers at home.

Edited by Puddy