[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Waiver Wire

BigMikeinNY

I dont mean to talk out of turn here, but it seems you're giving up on two players based on one down week. One thing I have learned is not to be too quick to pass judgement on a player I drafted (unless injured, of course). Like DMD said in "Tunnel Vision", now is the time to not only watch who is being added but who is being dropped. You may be kicking yourself if one (or both) of those players end up having pretty good years on someone else's team. Just sayin...

I think I would have given those players at least another week before pulling the trigger and dropping one for a backup DST. My $0.02... :wacko:

True that. Last year in a 12 team local league with pretty small rosters (13) a guy dropped Brandon Marshall after 2 weeks of 27 and 34. Man did he get attacked this at this years draft.

I dont mean to talk out of turn here, but it seems you're giving up on two players based on one down week. One thing I have learned is not to be too quick to pass judgement on a player I drafted (unless injured, of course). Like DMD said in "Tunnel Vision", now is the time to not only watch who is being added but who is being dropped. You may be kicking yourself if one (or both) of those players end up having pretty good years on someone else's team. Just sayin...

I think I would have given those players at least another week before pulling the trigger and dropping one for a backup DST. My $0.02... :wacko:

Believe me, that thought crosses my mind, any time I make a Week 1 waiver move. Here is my thought process on the two I dropped:

- Berrian - I was somewhat skeptical of him as it was, going into Week 1. I basically drafted him late, as a result of having drafted Sidney Rice in the 3rd round (the day before his surgery was announced). Not only did I draft Rice in the third, I drafted Rodgers first, Austin second, and Welker in the 4th... so I went QB-WR-WR-WR. In a PPR league, it's not ideal to have no RB's going into Round 5, but it CAN put you at an advantage IF you have better WR's than the majority of the other teams. With Rice going down, I felt that I was in jeopardy of losing that advantage, and therefore "handcuffed" him with Berrian. I had a bad feeling about it at the time, a worse feeling when the Vikes signed Camarillo (who is more of a PPR guy than the deep-threat Berrian is), and and even WORSE feeling after seeing Week 1.

I'm the first to say that Favre just looked "off" in Week 1, and with more time to gel and get in sync with his WR's, will look better as the season progresses. I just think that my intital gut feeling is going to turn out to be correct... Berrian's upside in PPR leagues is limited. He's just not going to get that many targets, compared to the other guys. He might make more big plays, but isn't going to get a ton of targets and/or catches.

- Robinson - I guess there's two sides to every coin, and the way I look at it, I don't want to be the guy holding on to a young WR, on a bad team, who never pans out (at least this year). It would be different if Clayton's huge Week 1 was a 2-3 TD game, with a handful of targets/catches. He was targeted an obscene amount of times... that tells me that Bradford has confidence in Clayton being his go-to guy. More importantly, the Rams are going to have to throw a lot, to be competitive in many of their games. The same thoughts you mentioned went through my mind before pulling the trigger... "What if I drop Robinson and pick up Clayton, only for Clayton to be a bust, and Robinson has a good year?" I just don't see the indicators pointing towards that happening... Targets are a much more important indicator, in terms of who has long-term value (in a redraft league), than touchdowns. Sure... Robinson might end the year with a half-dozen TD's or more, who knows. I just think, after seeing the significantly lopsided number of targets go Clayton's way, that he's the PPR WR to have on the Rams. Robinson's ankle injury was enough to push me over the edge, and actually pull the trigger.

I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time. I just felt like Clayton was worth taking a chance on, and I don't have much to lose by dropping the guys I dropped. I'd rather take that chance, than be the owner with 80% of his bankroll left, at year's end, because I was waiting for the right time to use it.

In our WCOFF league, Vick went for $994 out of a $1000 budget.

I bid $1.00 of my $100.00 budget on Max Hall. I may be jumping the gun, bit I figure there is no way the Cardinals do not start this guy by week 6. If he does wond up starting, I got him cheap. And if not, it was a $1.00 throw away bid.