[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Flacco really this bad?

raoul duke

Replace Flaccos name with Romo or Favre.

No in this game he took too many chances. They have been giving him more freedom and now it's time to backoff some,.

Lookup Favre or Eli at this point in their careers.

Flacco, 2 games into yr 3:

33 for 77, 48.1% completions 5.20 ypa 1 TD 5 INTs

Favre, 2 games into yr 3:

31 for 53, 58.5% completions 7.07 ypa 4 TDs 3 INTs

E Manning, 2 games into yr 3:

51 for 77, 62.2% completions 8.03 ypa 5 TDs 2 INTs

My take.

He WILL get better. He simply has to. Would be impossible not to. PLUS he has literally had 2 of his 3 toughest games all year the first two weeks. At the Jets and at Cincy off a terrible loss is REAL tough. The only other game I'd put on this level on his schedule is at Pitt in week 4. Which means after week 4 the schedule really gets easier.

The issue I have now is do the coaches lose faith? On paper this week looks like an amazing matchup home against Clev, but couldn't you see the Ravens running the ball like 30 + times in that one and "getting back to basics"?

I liked Flacco, and truly thought he would be a top 8-10 QB this year, and he still may, but the first two weeks were rough. But as I said above I think it gets better.

I did just deal him and Best and a 4th next year for Brees though, so clearly I was concerned, but I think he HAS to get better as the schedule gets much easier after week 4 especially.