[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Jennings - Buy Low?

Avernus

I was thinking a couple of minutes ago and something struck me (or maybe I just fell and hurt myself in result) but since Finley who was Rodgers favorite target until they both double-teamed my fantasy lineup last week.....somebody is going to have to pick up the slack and I just can't believe it'll be a lesser quality TE....

Hello Greg Jennings? :wacko:

maybe he can be a buy low candidate?

Ha, that's good to hear. With all the negativity on the board lately, it's hard to tell nowadays. I have Jennings on one of my squads so I for one am all for him getting more looks (although I lost Finley in another league).

Ha, that's good to hear. With all the negativity on the board lately, it's hard to tell nowadays. I have Jennings on one of my squads so I for one am all for him getting more looks (although I lost Finley in another league).

yeah Rodgers and Finley went down for me last week in my 1st loss...I had Jennings ranked 3rd/4th in WR coming into the season right there with Austin...

he's an enigma....2 years in a row he's played like this and he has the potential to be a stud but almost refuses his destiny..

The Peyton Manning owner in my main league just traded Greg Jennings for Donovan McNabb, stating "I needed a bye week filler, and McNabb plays the Lions on Manning's bye." The guy giving up McNabb made out like a bandit IMO. He traded his backup QB for a boom or bust WR who has upside without Finley in the lineup (and Donald Driver banged up). Not to mention the coaches apparently are game planning to get Jennings more involved.

On one hand, I feel like a moron for not making a lowball offer for Jennings. On the other, at least I won't have to deal with the frustration of seeing him underachieve, assuming his M.O. doesn't change.

The Peyton Manning owner in my main league just traded Greg Jennings for Donovan McNabb, stating "I needed a bye week filler, and McNabb plays the Lions on Manning's bye." The guy giving up McNabb made out like a bandit IMO. He traded his backup QB for a boom or bust WR who has upside without Finley in the lineup (and Donald Driver banged up). Not to mention the coaches apparently are game planning to get Jennings more involved.

On one hand, I feel like a moron for not making a lowball offer for Jennings. On the other, at least I won't have to deal with the frustration of seeing him underachieve, assuming his M.O. doesn't change.

I just asked the Jennings owner what he wanted for Jennings and RBush.....he said Bradshaw and RMoss or maybe even Austin.....

ouch! I didn't even see that coming and I stopped negotiations...

Edited by Avernus

I just asked the Jennings owner what he wanted for Jennings and RBush.....he said Bradshaw and RMoss or maybe even Austin.....

ouch! I didn't even see that coming and I stopped negotiations...

You did the right thing by walking away. I have the same problem with one of my leagues. All the other owners won't trade or reject all trades or come back with horrible counters. They put to much stock in where they drafted the players and think because they are on there team they are worth so much. I don't care if Jennings was a late second round pick he's not worth is now.

You did the right thing by walking away. I have the same problem with one of my leagues. All the other owners won't trade or reject all trades or come back with horrible counters. They put to much stock in where they drafted the players and think because they are on there team they are worth so much. I don't care if Jennings was a late second round pick he's not worth is now.

exactly...but he thought it was a decent offer....I just got Crabtree off him for Knox and felt really good about that...

there are a few owners in this league that trade and it's enough to make up for the owners who don't budge off their preciousses... :wacko:

I draft with the thought in mind that I could move any player in any trade and I'm open to any negotiations because I don't always get the players I want in a draft so I do a lot of maneuvering even if I get slightly hosed - I still get the players that I targeted prior to the season because I always trust my foresight over any rankings that someone else has...but I still don't think all the players I drafted are immaculate like other people do..

I actually read it after I made this post....the only thing I mock in fantasy is a draft....

Glad to hear I wasn't getting mocked for my post. You guys can mock me when he stinks it up again this week and for all the time I wasted sending offers and counter offers for Jennings.

Glad to hear I wasn't getting mocked for my post. You guys can mock me when he stinks it up again this week and for all the time I wasted sending offers and counter offers for Jennings.

I over-valued the donkey mess out of Jennings headed into the season and the owner may have done me a favor by pricing me out of his range :wacko:

exactly...but he thought it was a decent offer....I just got Crabtree off him for Knox and felt really good about that...

there are a few owners in this league that trade and it's enough to make up for the owners who don't budge off their preciousses... :wacko:

I draft with the thought in mind that I could move any player in any trade and I'm open to any negotiations because I don't always get the players I want in a draft so I do a lot of maneuvering even if I get slightly hosed - I still get the players that I targeted prior to the season because I always trust my foresight over any rankings that someone else has...but I still don't think all the players I drafted are immaculate like other people do..

I to like to make a lot of trade offers to try and get players I like or wanted prior to the draft. I would say 80% of the time I get the worse end of the deal. But I get the players I want and if I don't take worse of the deal no trade will ever happen with these guys.

I to like to make a lot of trade offers to try and get players I like or wanted prior to the draft. I would say 80% of the time I get the worse end of the deal. But I get the players I want and if I don't take worse of the deal no trade will ever happen with these guys.

exactly I get the same thing but I am willing to do that in order to put together the team I had in mind heading into the season...

if you do the textbook draft based on someone else's rankings, usually that team is in the basement....it's either my way or bust and if I have to get the sour end of a deal in order to get the players I am high on, then so be it...

I traded for Jennings about this time last year, listening to all the same arguments. I have him in two leagues this year. Even with Finley out, if someone made me an offer for him like some discussed here, I'd jump on it.

I'm very, very skeptical about his ability to produce.

I go back to what I said in the other Jennings thread. To me this is about how they are using him. For whatever reason it appears he is their deep/big play guy and that is pretty much all. They very rarely look to him shorter or over the middle. So either he makes the big catch/play or his stats are very little. And since most teams play zone against GB AND long passes are lower % plays in general Jennings' numbers suffer.

Now with him complaining a little bit, combined with the coaches stating their desire to get Jennings more involved, combined with Finley being out that SHOULD equal more passes/production for Jennings.

BUT I have to be honest and say I am skeptical at best. After Finley went out last week Jennings was INVISIBLE.

So in theory the external signs are there for Jennings to get better (how can he not), but I think it is a middle of the road flip of a coin type deal if he actually does.