[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)

Menudo

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)  

80 members have voted

1. 1. ATS: Jets at Steelers (-3)

• Jets (+3)
    • Steelers (-3)
  2. 2. Straight: Jets at Steelers

• Jets
    • Steelers

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one. :wacko:

My hatred is growing. But after the ass-kicking this weekend I will go back to pitying them.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It warms the very cockles of my heart to know you are taking the Steelers. :wacko:

Hey I went 4-0 in the wildcard round and 0-4 last week. If the pattern continues...

Hey I went 4-0 in the wildcard round and 0-4 last week. If the pattern continues...

So, you are at .500. If that trend continues, you'll get the Jets wrong again... so who do you like in the GB-CHI game? Could be some $$$ to be made there.

So, you are at .500. If that trend continues, you'll get the Jets wrong again... so who do you like in the GB-CHI game? Could be some $$$ to be made there.

To be honest, as the week wears on I lean more toward Chi + 3.5. I think Green Bay is clearly a better team right now, but that slop the Bears try to pass off as a football field will negate much of the Packers advantage. Add to that the series point differential in recent history, I am having a hard time justifying that hook on top of the 3 points.

As for the Jets, I'm still thinking the Steelers cover. I just don't think the Jets can match that intensity for a third week in a row. The Steelers basically sleep-walked their way through the first half against the Ravens and still covered the spread in the end. The Steelers should be much sharper out of the gate this week, and they have the physicality that the Jets two previous opponents lacked.

The one thing that really gives me pause about the Steelers is that they have been a far better road team in the playoffs. They have a history of being knocked out at home in the last decade. I don't feel particularly strong about either of these games, stll leaning toward GB and Pitts but it seems the bulk of the gambling community are on those sides as well, and it would be so unlike the books to give money away to the masses.

Bad news Rovers. I settled on Jets +3.5. I've convinced myself there is going to be an ATS bloodbath this weekend and I don't want to be on the wrong side of it.

Bad news Rovers. I settled on Jets +3.5. I've convinced myself there is going to be an ATS bloodbath this weekend and I don't want to be on the wrong side of it.

I hate that line. That's Vegas putting "the hook" on a line, begging you to take the Jets by enticing you with the thought that "it can be a FG game, and you still win".

Usually, thats as clear a sign as possible that you go the other way and lay the points.

I hate that line. That's Vegas putting "the hook" on a line, begging you to take the Jets by enticing you with the thought that "it can be a FG game, and you still win".

Usually, thats as clear a sign as possible that you go the other way and lay the points.

Actually, both games opened at 3, and the betting action pulled them that way. I locked in at 3.5 on a par and a tease. We'll see if late money presses it back to 3, in which case I will probably buy the Steelers.

Should be a good game and I had a tough time making a decision.

I finally took the Jets and the points.

The weaknesses I see in the game are Nick Folk, the Steelers Offensive Line, and Mark Sanchez having to throw the ball.

In the end my gut says if the Jets can beat Manning and Brady, then they surely have a chance at getting to Roethlisberger and forcing a few turnovers which can be game changers in this league. I also have liked how Cromartie has looked on ST's picking up the slack for Brad Smith's absence.

Good luck to both fan bases this weekend.

Edited by myhousekey

I went with both home teams.

The Jets and Packers are playing well, but winning three in a row on the road (4 for the Packers, since they had to beat the Bears in Week 17) against playoff-caliber opponents is a tall order for even the best of teams.

Steelers 26, Jets 16

Bears 23, Packers 17

I went with both home teams.

The Jets and Packers are playing well, but winning three in a row on the road (4 for the Packers, since they had to beat the Bears in Week 17) against playoff-caliber opponents is a tall order for even the best of teams.

The week 17 game was in Green Bay.

I know I may be a homer, but I just think the my boys win this one by 10 or more, in a not so close game. I was much more nervous about the Ravens game and potential Pats game.

Reasoning

Did the Jets play their superbowl last week? It seems they invested so much emotion and were so excited about beating the Pats. Are they content to have made it this far? Where is all the brash rhetoric I have been hearing all season from them? I think this is how this team pumps itself up, they had nothing to lose before, now expectations are higher, are they ready?

Steelers did not want to play in NE, they have owned us so many times there. I think we gained momentum playing at home against the Jets rather then on the road at NE. The goal is close, at home and not the Pats, all good for us.

The Angry Pineapple is back and Miller is back.

Winning twice in one season at the opponents field is very difficult.

D's being the same, running games being close I take Ben over Sanchez.

Stats from game 15

9 points in close game on a special teams td and safety. Can that be relied on again?

Without the Samoan Headhunter the Steelers are 5-9 or 5-8. The team is different with him in there, especially the d.

Jets ran for 106 a season high against our D and Sanchez passer rating was 116.7 with no turnovers and one sack.

Sanchez was 9/9 over the middle without Polamalu, can he do that again?

I know I am biased, but I just do not see this being close. Anything can happen and that is why they play, I just foresee a big day for the Steelers on this one.

I hope everyone has a good day watching football.

I know I may be a homer, but I just think the my boys win this one by 10 or more, in a not so close game. I was much more nervous about the Ravens game and potential Pats game.

Reasoning

Did the Jets play their superbowl last week? It seems they invested so much emotion and were so excited about beating the Pats. Are they content to have made it this far? Where is all the brash rhetoric I have been hearing all season from them? I think this is how this team pumps itself up, they had nothing to lose before, now expectations are higher, are they ready?

Steelers did not want to play in NE, they have owned us so many times there. I think we gained momentum playing at home against the Jets rather then on the road at NE. The goal is close, at home and not the Pats, all good for us.

The Angry Pineapple is back and Miller is back.

Winning twice in one season at the opponents field is very difficult.

D's being the same, running games being close I take Ben over Sanchez.

Stats from game 15

9 points in close game on a special teams td and safety. Can that be relied on again?

Without the Samoan Headhunter the Steelers are 5-9 or 5-8. The team is different with him in there, especially the d.

Jets ran for 106 a season high against our D and Sanchez passer rating was 116.7 with no turnovers and one sack.

Sanchez was 9/9 over the middle without Polamalu, can he do that again?

I know I am biased, but I just do not see this being close. Anything can happen and that is why they play, I just foresee a big day for the Steelers on this one.

I hope everyone has a good day watching football.

But do you have an answer for this?

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img690/4029/010yge.jpg