[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)

Menudo

New York Jets at Pittsburgh Steelers (-3)  

80 members have voted

1. 1. ATS: Jets at Steelers (-3)

• Jets (+3)
    • Steelers (-3)
  2. 2. Straight: Jets at Steelers

• Jets
    • Steelers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Menudo, what ya got for info on the Steelers' O line? What are the reports on Adams and the other guy... was that the RT? Will they be ready to play?

The only injured guys mentioned in today's article were Aaron Smith, and back-up safety, Will Allen. Aaron Smith will not be ready to play, which isn't a surprise. I must say that Ziggy Hood is really starting to come into his own. He had a GREAT game on Saturday, and I like the improvement he is showing.

As for the offensive lineman, Flozell was out with some kind of illness, and Scott, who is currently playing LT actually came back in and finished the game. I'm assuming both will be ready to go.

It looks like there is a strong chance that I will be attending my first ever AFC Championship game in person on Sunday. :lol::wacko::rofl:

:tup: That would be sweet. I hope it works out

It looks like there is a strong chance that I will be attending my first ever AFC Championship game in person on Sunday. :rofl::tup::rofl:

Hope so! :lol: I'm not going this year, but I went to the last one 2 years ago, which was against the Ravens of course. It's a helluva thing, so much more amped up than a regular season game. I haven't been to the Super Bowl, but I can't imagine the Super Bowl atmosphere has anything on the conference championship games, especially when said game is between division rivals. I mean in terms of real football fans instead of just spectacle. Too many at the Super Bowl are just there because it's the Super Bowl. At the conference championships, you have fans of the teams, mostly the home team. More intense, more real. IMO.

I thought about doing the same thing as last time, buying tix to the theoretical championship game a couple weeks ago when they put some on sale, but I really didn't think there was a chance that New England would lose! :wacko:

Looks like it might be as cold as 2 years ago as well. Doesn't matter. If you haven't been, and have the chance, you must go. Hope that strong chance turns into definite!

Edited by CrazyOne

:lol: That would be sweet. I hope it works out

Hope so! :tup: I'm not going this year, but I went to the last one 2 years ago, which was against the Ravens of course. It's a helluva thing, so much more amped up than a regular season game. I haven't been to the Super Bowl, but I can't imagine the Super Bowl atmosphere has anything on the conference championship games, especially when said game is between division rivals. I mean in terms of real football fans instead of just spectacle. Too many at the Super Bowl are just there because it's the Super Bowl. At the conference championships, you have fans of the teams, mostly the home team. More intense, more real. IMO.

I thought about doing the same thing as last time, buying tix to the theoretical championship game a couple weeks ago when they put some on sale, but I really didn't think there was a chance that New England would lose! :wacko:

Looks like it might be as cold as 2 years ago as well. Doesn't matter. If you haven't been, and have the chance, you must go. Hope that strong chance turns into definite!

I'm going. I got a single ticket........I'm going to meet up with friends and tailgate before the game, and I'll be making new friends during the game. I can't wait !!!! I'm looking into tickets for the Pens game on Saturday night as well. Penn State-Pitt wrestling match on Friday, Pens game on Saturday, Steelers game on Sunday makes Menudo a Happy Guy :rofl:

Edited by Menudo

Good for you, Menudo. I have been to so many games that I have lost count. Now and days I don't care to go other than games like the AFC Championship. I might hit my source and go but I guess I need to make my mind up quick.

If you are going, please send me a PM and we can get together for some :wacko:

Were you one of the thousands of Pats fans that left the stadium with 10 minutes left in the game? :wacko:

Nah. I watched the game intermittently, including the last few minutes, on the television.

I did see enough of the game to wonder how Brady did what he did this year with the WRs that he had. The Jets clogged the middle of the field with a sh*tload of DBs and the Patriots could not exploit the edges.

It looks like there is a strong chance that I will be attending my first ever AFC Championship game in person on Sunday. :rofl::tup::rofl:

awesome... hope you have a good time!

Hope so! :lol: I'm not going this year, but I went to the last one 2 years ago, which was against the Ravens of course. It's a helluva thing, so much more amped up than a regular season game. I haven't been to the Super Bowl, but I can't imagine the Super Bowl atmosphere has anything on the conference championship games, especially when said game is between division rivals. I mean in terms of real football fans instead of just spectacle. Too many at the Super Bowl are just there because it's the Super Bowl. At the conference championships, you have fans of the teams, mostly the home team. More intense, more real. IMO.

in 85 was able to attend the phins/9ers sb at stanford. definitely home atmosphere. not a lot of teams get that opportunity.

I agree with whoever Rovers picks.

He has proven his ability to fortell the future last week . . . .

:wacko:

It won't be a blowout, but the NE offense has too many weapons and the Jets' LB's and safeties can't match up. Brady will know where Revis is on every play and he'll avoid him and won't turn the ball over. He might hit Branch long if Cromartie bites on a double move. Woodhead will break 100 yards combined pass/rush. The Jets will keep it close, and have some decent numbers rushing but will fail in the red zone.

Pats, 24-17

:lol::tup: