[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cutler has a torn MCL

T_bone65

Exactly what did you see in Cutler's game that suggested a second half revival was at hand? Would you have preferred he pressed on and sucked even worse? I'm not defending Cutler. I think he's a lousy QB. But only he and his coaches know what truly happened. The coach says Cutler wanted to go back in the game but they wouldn't let him. Injury, benching, regardless, I don't think the guy pulled himself. But even if he did, how many times do we see a guy "man up" and hurt his team with a 60% performance. People would be jacking this guy up regardless of what transpired. He can't win, unless he wins, and he can't.

Very valid point here.

On another note, how many folks have watched Cutler play regularly? He looks like he's pouting most the time anyway, whether they are winning or losing. Maybe I am the one that is clueless, but what exactly has he done to get the reputation as an ass??

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if, somewhere, Josh McDaniels is chuckling to himself...

Chuckling about having a losing record as a head coach and getting fired or chuckling that the QB he traded away led his team to the #2 seed in the playoffs, a NFC Championship birth and got hurt in said game by tearing his MCL and couldn't continue to play?

Edited by keggerz

Very valid point here.

On another note, how many folks have watched Cutler play regularly? He looks like he's pouting most the time anyway, whether they are winning or losing. Maybe I am the one that is clueless, but what exactly has he done to get the reputation as an ass??

People just don't like his personality. I think he gets a raw deal from many.

People just don't like his personality. I think he gets a raw deal from many.

So he's not a media whore like Peyton or Brady?? He's not a tough fiery competitor like Rivers (see Megan Foxbag)?? He's not a great chant leader like Brees?? Where is it that people feel they know his personality? Because he wanted out of Denver? I don't blame him. If my boss sold our company and the new owner started trying to bring in his own people to replace me, I'd probably want to go work somewhere else too. I just think Cutler gets a lot of crap for not being who everyone wants him to be. Hell VInce Young went batdiaper dirt crazy and people still love him. Mike Vick went through the whole dogfighting thing, but came back and started winning and everyone forgot about all that.

Just heard a great snippet from Jimmy Johnson. He said that Cutler has a rep for not working hard enough in the offseason and that he doesnt brink out the best in his teammates and make his teammates better. :wacko:

I dont know how fair that is, but the guy seems to be vilified no matter what.

The guy played a whole season in Denver losing a TON of weight until they figured out he was diabetic. He played through that for a whole season. I am not sure how you can question his toughness after that :tup:

But the decision to leave him on the sidelines in full pads, not getting any knee treatmnet, and walking around immediately generates criticism.

So he's not a media whore like Peyton or Brady?? He's not a tough fiery competitor like Rivers (see Megan Foxbag)?? He's not a great chant leader like Brees?? Where is it that people feel they know his personality? Because he wanted out of Denver? I don't blame him. If my boss sold our company and the new owner started trying to bring in his own people to replace me, I'd probably want to go work somewhere else too. I just think Cutler gets a lot of crap for not being who everyone wants him to be. Hell VInce Young went batdiaper dirt crazy and people still love him. Mike Vick went through the whole dogfighting thing, but came back and started winning and everyone forgot about all that.

Part of Cutler's problem is that a large proportion of football fans and an even larger proportion of football media are mindless buffoons. He finds it difficult to talk to some media people asking inane and fatuous questions immediately after a game, for instance. "Well, Jay, you got absolutely hammered seventeen times by the Giants defensive linemen there. Would you say it hurts much?" What would YOU say to these oafs?

Preach on, I am right there with you.

Very valid point here.

How is this a valid point? Because he didn't win the Super Bowl? Not too many QB's ever do. On the other hand he just led the Bears to a 12 win season and was one of four QB's that had a shot at winning it all.

How is this a valid point? Because he didn't win the Super Bowl? Not too many QB's ever do. On the other hand he just led the Bears to a 12 win season and was one of four QB's that had a shot at winning it all.

So he's not quite as good as Rex Grossman, then...since Rex took them to the Bowl.

I was talking about him being damned no matter what he did.

I was talking about him being damned no matter what he did.

I'm reminded of a game in Denver where he was dreadful, missing players left and right... He threw a pick then went over and was yelling at and getting in Eddie Royals face. I've always got the idea that he tears guys down instead of trying to build them up.

I'm reminded of a game in Denver where he was dreadful, missing players left and right... He threw a pick then went over and was yelling at and getting in Eddie Royals face. I've always got the idea that he tears guys down instead of trying to build them up.

I have seen Peyton do that numerous times.

I have seen Peyton do that numerous times.

The credentials are a little different imo.

Peyton Manning lays into Pierre Garcon when he can't hold onto the ball.

Jay Cutler lays into his receivers to take out his frustration with his own playing ability that day.

There's obviously exceptions to both, Peyton has admittedly snapped on multiple occasions as all athletes (and professionals) do.

As I stated earlier - I've watched this guy since Day 1. He has never been a guy that fans of his or opposing teams consider to be a class act or face of the franchise. I've seen tons of press conferences and tons of sideline shots - and ultimately he has given fans the appearance that he is a big duche.

I obviously do not know him personally and have not met him, but that is the appearance he gives. Sitting on the sideline with his big coat and beanie while his backups were fighting to get them to a Superbowl doesn't help any.

Jay Cutler lays into his receivers to take out his frustration with his own playing ability that day.

There's obviously exceptions to both, Peyton has admittedly snapped on multiple occasions as all athletes (and professionals) do.

As I stated earlier - I've watched this guy since Day 1. He has never been a guy that fans of his or opposing teams consider to be a class act or face of the franchise. I've seen tons of press conferences and tons of sideline shots - and ultimately he has given fans the appearance that he is a big duche.

I obviously do not know him personally and have not met him, but that is the appearance he gives. Sitting on the sideline with his big coat and beanie while his backups were fighting to get them to a Superbowl doesn't help any.

My favorite Peyton Manning bitching clip.

BS, that's a double standard. Their credentials are no different, IMO. I have seen Peyton blast WR after an interception plenty of times. How are we to know if it is his fault or the receivers?? I have also heard him throw his team mates under the bus in post game interviews on more than one occasion. So why does he get this benefit and Cutler gets crucified for it?

I just think there are plenty of players that act worse, but aren't held under a microscope like Cutler is.

BS, that's a double standard. Their credentials are no different, IMO. I have seen Peyton blast WR after an interception plenty of times. How are we to know if it is his fault or the receivers?? I have also heard him throw his team mates under the bus in post game interviews on more than one occasion. So why does he get this benefit and Cutler gets crucified for it?

I just think there are plenty of players that act worse, but aren't held under a microscope like Cutler is.

there must be a reason ,,, a good chunk of people didn't just wake up one day and say ,,,

hey let's pick on Cutler ,,, he has a funny name

I have torn an MCL before and it hurt like hell I can understand why Jay wasn't out there from my experience i couldn't do anything with it I could walk straight but that was it. I was shocked so many people were bashing Jay yesterday he didn't play well but there was no way he wasn't injured he wouldn't just bail on his team why would he, he could have done it numerous times this season and hasn't. I doubt there will be any apologies from anyone around the league thats not the way they do things.

Ya I was waiting for the injury announcement before attacking him. I've also torn my MCL during a hockey game. Severe pain/swelling. I tried to warm it up on the bench (much like Jay on the bike) but I couldn't put much weight on it and couldn't move around. I guess the criticism will never go away for not gutting it out but there's no way Cutler could perform without a stable knee.

His back-peddling 'fade away jumper' passes are bad enough to watch with healthy knees.

there must be a reason ,,, a good chunk of people didn't just wake up one day and say ,,,

hey let's pick on Cutler ,,, he has a funny name

TFord and I were having this conversation yesterday.

Cutler has been a whiner for years. And people just love to see him fail because he's a/has been a whiner. Period.

If the same thing happened to Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, or SCHAUB would people have reacted as harshly? Definitely not.

...but then again, you'd better believe those QBs wouldn't have been sitting on the bench pouting the entire second half. They would have been up on crutches, wearing a headset and standing next to Mike Martz the entire second half trying to help the kid who just stepped in for them get their team to a Superbowl. And that is why I think Cutler deserves every bit of media criticism he's gotten.

Cutler has been a whiner for years. And people just love to see him fail because he's a/has been a whiner. Period.

If the same thing happened to Brady, Manning, Brees, Ryan, or SCHAUB would people have reacted as harshly? Definitely not.

...but then again, you'd better believe those QBs wouldn't have been sitting on the bench pouting the entire second half. They would have been up on crutches, wearing a headset and standing next to Mike Martz the entire second half trying to help the kid who just stepped in for them get their team to a Superbowl. And that is why I think Cutler deserves every bit of media criticism he's gotten.

Very true.

Cutler is a result of his own actions thus far in the league, and people seem to already look with a critical eye at his every action. Unfair or not, perceptions linger.

Case in point. Other NFL players were calling him out . . has anyone seen that before with an injured player publically? Cutler seems to be a magnet for automatic negative opinions of him, and doesnt give a rip about trying to change those perceptions. (whether or not he should or cares to is up to him. I dont care either way, just making an observation)

:wacko:

You keep saying the same thing..."He's a whiner, no one likes him, he has a horrible personality....". Yet you fail to give one legitimate example of any of this.