[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Buyers remorse...

hooknladder

Ugh. If DEN is going to go the route with discount guys like these two & Snelling who have already shown their significant limitations at the NFL level, I'd rather see them roll the dice and shoot for an UDFA like Graig Cooper who could play in the 215 lb range without giving up anything.

I was impressed with Snelling the two times I saw him against the Packers. I also recall being impressed with him in one or two other games last year.

I wonder if John Clay has kept fit and has gotten his speed back up at all.

Could you unpack this a bit? I don't see evidence supporting Moreno being capable of being a bell cow RB.

He was good in college in a major conference and obviously has adequate speed. He seems to have god instincts and sufficient power as well. He plays on a team with a medioce oline and a sketchy qb. I'm not saying he is Mendenhall but I could easily see him as MJD behind a dominant line with an nfl quality qb. Larry Johnson said its not complicated and he is right.

He was good in college in a major conference and obviously has adequate speed. He seems to have god instincts and sufficient power as well. He plays on a team with a medioce oline and a sketchy qb. I'm not saying he is Mendenhall but I could easily see him as MJD behind a dominant line with an nfl quality qb. Larry Johnson said its not complicated and he is right.

We have NFL data on him. I'm not sure why you're reaching back to college to prove what he has shown so far in the NFL that he can't do.

I hate using this reference over and over, but if you want to see a superb college RB who didn't have what it takes in the NFL, check out the career of one Archie Griffin.

I hate using this reference over and over, but if you want to see a superb college RB who didn't have what it takes in the NFL, check out the career of one Archie Griffin.

:wacko: Or Ron Dayne, who polk talks up alot.

To date he has not shown adequate speed. It flat out takes him too long to get to the hole, and he almost never comes out the other side. That has been IMO what has made him mediocre at best. Sure he has power for a 210 lb. guy, but at his size, should that really be what he hangs his hat on? MJD? Not on the same planet.

Look at the list of leading NCAA rushers for any given year. Not too many NFL prospects on that list. NFL success is all about size and/or explosiveness. Moreno really doesn't have either.

Edited by Seahawks21

We have NFL data on him. I'm not sure why you're reaching back to college to prove what he has shown so far in the NFL that he can't do.

Mike Shanahan proved time after time that the key to an effective running game is not to have a stud back but to possess and adapt the system to the back. Do you not feel that Moreno on the 98 Broncons would have been an adequate back? I believe that Moreno on the Steelers would out produce Mendenhall on the Broncos. The Broncos straight up suck on both sides of the ball and no one is going to look good playing for them. They are the modern equivalent to the Lions of years past.

Do you not feel that Moreno on the 98 Broncons would have been an adequate back?

Have you actually watched him play? Moreno isn't a one cut downhill runner. He wouldn't have played for Shanahan's '98 Broncos.

How many FF teams do you have Moreno on?

Have you actually watched him play? Moreno isn't a one cut downhill runner. He wouldn't have played for Shanahan's '98 Broncos.

How many FF teams do you have Moreno on?

Arien Foster wouldn't have played for that team either. He could cut and run downhill if the coach made him. I'm not saying he's MVP material, I'm just saying that in that system he looks mediocre. In a better system he would look better.

I TOTALLY disagree with you Opie . . . you could not be more wrong.

I had a ton of "wow"moments with Moreno last year. Like "WOW is he slow" and "WOW I cant believe he fell down so easily at first contact" and "WOW is he slow hitting the hole" and "WOW that guy couldnt out-juke Jabba the hut" . . . .

and Noshow Moreno himself will have his own "Wow moment" when he watches DeAngelo run wild in game 1 and solidify his role as starter for Denver for as long as he remains healthy.