[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nnamdi Asomugha to Jets?

Ah, ya got me...i forgot that what happened 2-3 decades ago is relevant to where NNamdi signed this week. Silly me.

it is completely relevant when he was rumored to go to that particular team and the Eagles swooped right in and acquired the #1 FA right from under them....

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats to the Eagles - especially with Young. My money is on Vick not making through the season, so imho, the Vince Young signing is huge. This is only going to make them that much more dangerous.

Edited by Duchess Jack

From Rotoworld..

The Jets reportedly had no idea the Eagles were in the hunt for Nnamdi Asomugha "until near the end." The Eagles cold-played 'em. The Jets believed they had "some sort of understanding" with Asomugha if not necessarily a deal, according to CBSSports' Mike Freeman. The Eagles brain trust swooped in with a "phenomenal plan" developed by GM Howie Roseman and president Joe Banner before free agency began. "(The Jets) didn't pull out," one source said. "(The Jets) lost."

Related: Jets

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

congrats to the Eagles - especially with Young. My money is on Vick not making through the season, so imho, the Vince Young signing is huge. This is only going to make them that much more dangerous.

Asomugha is a huge signing. Young is a scrap heap decent at best back up qb

+1

Like any other playoff-caliber team, I hope our back-up never has to take the field.

And to your comment yesterday, local pundits believe Young will start the season as the #3 QB.

I would believe that more if Kafka was in his 3rd year instead of 2nd...

but at this rate I think VY might be more of a project than Kafka :wacko: ...Kafka might be better starting at any point in this season than VY, but that could change in the future...

also...I was in a discussion with a Jets fan who is apparently glad the Jets didn't sign Asomougha because he wanted too much money....I saw his stats since 2005 that show how many times he was thrown at to how many completions and etc...

does anyone know where I can find these stats for Revis?...

Stunned and overjoyed the Eagles "Cliff Lee'd" NAS from Dallas and New York.

Mystery team….. :wacko:

The question now here in Philadelphia is what they will do (if anything) with Samuel.

Vince Young is simply a backup - one year contract - no expectations - but it is nice to have an experienced QB as a backup - Kafka isn't ready yet.

I'll wait to celebrate the Babin signing - if he can simply be 3/4's of what he was in Tennessee - that will help the Eagles defensive line a ton… and Trent Cole will be a very happy camper.

I give the Steelers, Cowboys, Patriots multiple props for winning Super Bowl championships… I'd love to just celebrate one here in Philadelphia…

If Philly moves Samuel, this deal isnt nearly as big in my opinion. Samuel and Aso together would be unbelievable IMO, but if you are swapping Aso for Samuel, sure Aso is better, but Im not sure it matters, cause teams just wont throw to his side of the field. And the former Cards cromartie is decent, but he is about to be the most exposed corner in the game now.

Philly was good last yr, and the Jason Babin signing really improves the pass rush opposite of Cole. Vince isnt a WC QB, so Im not sure how that signing helps you much at all. And now there is talk of Plax going here. But at what cost, Jackson. Jackson is holding out for more money, and you will sign Plax for more than you are paying Jackson, yea that going to go over well. If I was philly Id be looking for OL help and LB help, not signing a complete unknown in Plax, or signing Vince who doesnt fit your system. And I sure wouldnt deal Samuel.

I know what a class act Nnamdi has been his whole career. But he agrees in principle to a deal with the Jets Thursday night. Players rework their contract to make sure they have room, and then he pulls some SHAM WOW! and joins the eagles? No me gusta

From Rotoworld..

The Jets reportedly had no idea the Eagles were in the hunt for Nnamdi Asomugha "until near the end." The Eagles cold-played 'em. The Jets believed they had "some sort of understanding" with Asomugha if not necessarily a deal, according to CBSSports' Mike Freeman. The Eagles brain trust swooped in with a "phenomenal plan" developed by GM Howie Roseman and president Joe Banner before free agency began. "(The Jets) didn't pull out," one source said. "(The Jets) lost."

Related: Jets

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Right, they heard dallas was considering cutting Newman and it only costing them 3 million more than what Newman was making, and a light bulb went off. How much more would he cost us than Samuel. Im not bitter at all about losing out on Nnamdi, Ive said it many times Id rather have Cromartie from the Jets, he is more ahtletic than Aso, and he is a beast with the ball in his hand after the pick. But lets not get carried away, Philly saw what Dallas was doing, and did the same thing, it wasnt their phenomenal plan before FA began. Nnamdi used Dallas to get more from the Jets, when the Jets wouldnt go higher than what Revis was making, Philly did. Its that simple.

I know what a class act Nnamdi has been his whole career. But he agrees in principle to a deal with the Jets Thursday night. Players rework their contract to make sure they have room, and then he pulls some SHAM WOW! and joins the eagles? No me gusta

:bow:

The Clam says, "SHAM WOW!" :rofl:

The Jets say, :tup::rofl::lol: Whaah Happened? :wacko:

I'm similarly miffed. Regardless of how he's acted in the past, all but signing with the Jets, waiting until they restructure multiple contracts on their team to make room for him, then changing his mind and ditching them is a massive dick move. Bad form and scheming money-grubbing plans like that are usually reserved for big head cases, not class-act players like most think NAS is supposed to be. Guess he's just like all the other hotshot big-ego players out there. If you don't pay him more money than anyone else on your team then he can do whatever he want to you...thoroughly disgusted.

I'm similarly miffed. Regardless of how he's acted in the past, all but signing with the Jets, waiting until they restructure multiple contracts on their team to make room for him, then changing his mind and ditching them is a massive dick move. Bad form and scheming money-grubbing plans like that are usually reserved for big head cases, not class-act players like most think NAS is supposed to be. Guess he's just like all the other hotshot big-ego players out there. If you don't pay him more money than anyone else on your team then he can do whatever he want to you...thoroughly disgusted.

You mean like Revis. :wacko:

Wow, some sour grapes here. From what Ive read, Dallas offered less money 4 yr 40 mil, than the Jets 5 /55mil. And he told the Jets no.

Dallas thought they had a deal, and Philly offered another yr and 20 mil more to get him.

Cant blame the guy for not leaving 20 mil on the table. But it doesnt look like he was ever really that interested in signing with the Jets, or he wouldnt have turned down 15 mil less than what Dallas was offering. Considering he didnt leave the Birds money on the table.

Edited by Brent

However it happened, it happened. If we learned anything during the lockout it's that money is all that holds allegiances. Both to the player and to the team. I'm not gonna cry sour grapes because I really have no idea how it all want down for the Jets. "The He Said She Said" game is childish to me.

At this point, we now need to move on...and if we do not resign Cromartie, the D takes a major hit.

However it happened, it happened. If we learned anything during the lockout it's that money is all that holds allegiances. Both to the player and to the team. I'm not gonna cry sour grapes because I really have no idea how it all want down for the Jets. "The He Said She Said" game is childish to me.

At this point, we now need to move on...and if we do not resign Cromartie, the D takes a major hit.

We better resign Cro

We better resign Cro

It is an absolute must at this point. An absolute must...

The 49ers may have something to say about that.

The 49ers may have something to say about that.

The Matador is coming back to the West Coast? I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave. This whole Aso thing probably sprained his Vajayjay! :wacko:

is the info you are rolling with from beat writers trying to get the scoop first? did the jets fumble on this one?