[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Getting paid $$$ for some Thanksgiving football

Tally

Okay, I am on this thing 50 to win 1330. Really wanted to drop a Benji on this one, but the gambling gods would never allow me to make a hit like that.

I like the play and think it has a decent chance of hitting. The best thing about this type of wager is that you only need to hit the first two games to assure that you come out even on the deal. You can hedge however necessary on that third game if you wish to at least cover the cost of the wager. Ideally the 49ers would get a first half lead, and then you could hedge the Ravens at pickem for the game or possibly even plus points depending on the score.

Or if you were more adventureous, you might consider starting that hedge at halftime of the second game if the situation lends itself.

This is exactly the kind of play I love, it has a real chance of hitting, lots of bang for the buck, and lots of room for hedging with schitzo personalities of the Ravens and Cowboys. I may partake myself. :wacko:

Yep, If the first two hit, I will defintley be running down to my local book to put a few hundo on the Ravens and ensure that I walk away with a winning day. No need to be gready with this type of a play. Of course, it's a still a big IF because IMO the first game (GB/DET) is the longest shot of the three... GL tomorrow

Edited by Tally

Yep, If the first two hit, I will defintley be running down to my local book to put a few hundo on the Ravens and ensure that I walk away with a winning day. No need to be gready with this type of a play. Of course, it's a still a big IF because IMO the first game (GB/DET) is the longest shot of the three... GL tomorrow

Really? Green Bay's 3rd game in 11 days. Short week on the road. Lions usually play pretty well on Thinksgiving even when they stunk. And let's get real, the Packers aren't going to win them all. If they are going to lose, this sure looks like the spot. to me. Feeling it pretty hard for the upset in the early game. The Dolphins are the one I am probably the weakest on.

Sorry for the late addition to the thread:

GB -6.5

No brainer here...I mean really, the Lions allowed 35 to the Panthers? the Packers will not let the foot off the throttle in this one. Packers 48, Lions 31.

Dolphins +7

I like the Cowboys to win, but they haven't blown out too many teams this year....in fact, just three of their 6 wins are by more than 7 points (STL, SEA and a reeling BUF team). Miami needs with W to keep pace, and will stay close....and maybe just be able to pull it out. DAL 23, MIA 20

BAL -3.5

Vegas begging to to take SF with the hook here...don't buy it. BAL will bottle up the SF running game, and make Smith have to throw a bunch. Never a good thing. Baltimore 27, SF 16

GB -6.5

No brainer here...I mean really, the Lions allowed 35 to the Panthers? the Packers will not let the foot off the throttle in this one. Packers 48, Lions 31.

Dolphins +7

I like the Cowboys to win, but they haven't blown out too many teams this year....in fact, just three of their 6 wins are by more than 7 points (STL, SEA and a reeling BUF team). Miami needs with W to keep pace, and will stay close....and maybe just be able to pull it out. DAL 23, MIA 20

BAL -3.5

Vegas begging to to take SF with the hook here...don't buy it. BAL will bottle up the SF running game, and make Smith have to throw a bunch. Never a good thing. Baltimore 27, SF 16

:wacko:

GB -6.5

Dolphins +7

BAL -3.5

:tup: THAT was some fine turkey day action yesterday.

Whereas for Pony, its turkeyday everyday....he really took the time to come back to this thread and delete all the posts where his predictions were wrong? You gotta be kidding me :wacko:

:lol: THAT was some fine turkey day action yesterday.

Whereas for Pony, its turkeyday everyday....he really took the time to come back to this thread and delete all the posts where his predictions were wrong? You gotta be kidding me :tup:

Very nice picks!

Every time you post you have an amazing week. Then when you don't post you "claim" to have a bad week.

Makes me think that you are really the guy from back to the future and have a sports almanac but don't wanna share with us.. hmm... :wacko: lol.

Congrats!

Very nice picks!

Every time you post you have an amazing week. Then when you don't post you "claim" to have a bad week.

Makes me think that you are really the guy from back to the future and have a sports almanac but don't wanna share with us.. hmm... :wacko: lol.

Congrats!

Trust me he doesn't have a sports almanac, he has lost to many side bets.