[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

why the Giants will beat the Packers this sunday

isleseeya

Last time the Giants faced an elite QB (Rodgers), they got torched for 38 points. The time before that they got torched for 49 points (Brees). They did hold Brady to 20 points earlier in the year, and Tarvaris Jackson to 36, so clearly, they'll beat the Packers because they have a great pass rush.

Their pass rush over the past few weeks has been insane. They finally have everyone healthy and they are peaking at the right time. Earlier in the season, yes, atrocious. I will be surprised if the DL doesn't excel on Sunday, and make Rodgers very uncomfortable on a regular basis.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their pass rush over the past few weeks has been insane. They finally have everyone healthy and they are peaking at the right time. Earlier in the season, yes, atrocious. I will be surprised if the DL doesn't excel on Sunday, and make Rodgers very uncomfortable on a regular basis.

I don't think the whole "Giants are healthy" is relevant since so are the Packers. They may be playing well but last time GB was missing some key personnel as well on the OLine (Clifton and Bulaga, I believe) who are back for this game.

It's going to be a good game, though, that's for sure.

Last time the Giants faced an elite QB (Rodgers), they got torched for 38 points. The time before that they got torched for 49 points (Brees). They did hold Brady to 20 points earlier in the year, and Tarvaris Jackson to 36, so clearly, they'll beat the Packers because they have a great pass rush.

Thats Gold Jerry, Gold!

:wacko:

I just wish the Packers could have faced some pass rushers this season so they could have some idea of what a pass rush can do. You know, guys like Jared Allen, Julius Peppers Tambi Hali. Ideally of course they would have faced the Giants themselves, but alas, it was not to be.

It would also be nice if the Packers were hot going into this game, winning say 3 out of their last 4 games. Too bad this 15-1 tdidn't win 3 out of its last 4 games. If they had maybe they would be hot right now too.

Packers have not faced anything like current Giants pass rush ( closest was KC and how did that turn out ? ) ...now Giants have to bring it better than ever this weekend but if they do Rodgers will have a long day since GB cant run the ball ( dont care what giants rank has been for most of season as they did shut down Falcons who can run the ball last week and GB is not anything close to a good running team )

Packers have been hot all year but Giants got hot now ...in the end this means little as we will see who shows up Sunday

I do love the sarcastic arrogance ... makes the humble pie much sweeter to eat should Giants win

Up for a sig bet? Or an avatar bet? :wacko:

I am in for logo - avatar ...not sig line though

OP whistling past the graveyard.

Let me know how that turns out for you.

what ?? you think its that far fetched that Giants can win this weekend ?? by the way it has worked out well for me in the past ...why not again ..i will take a shot

Love all the Giants 'their hot' team right now talk. What the heck is 15-1? Packers have won 2 in a row. Giants 3(with a playoff game). Let's see, they've beaten Dallas, NYJ and Atlanta. The three scariest teams I can think of...

I would be completely shocked if the upset were to happen. I think all this talk is just to keep up the interest.

Most of the talk about the Giants barely losing to GB a few weeks ago is how there were 4 plays that changed the game in GB's favor. Did anyone watch the game? The refs did. The replay guys did.

There's also talk about OSI missing the game. Why doesn't anyone talk about the missing Packer players? There were quite a few(5, not counting the guys out for the season). Those players will be back this week.

And 2007 is 4 years ago. Stop living in the past!

Also, Mike Greene is picking the Giants, so that just about locks it up for Green Bay.

I'm more afraid of the result of next week's game. I hope GB doesn't use up all their emotion for this week, but that's talk for next week, after Green Bay wins!

Last time they played a few weeks ago GB won and deserved to ...but its downright silly to not acknowledge that some of the calls ( some of them huge ) went GB's way . No injuries excuses last time they played and none for this week . Both teams are healthy enough for sure ...as for living in past , this Giants winning streak reminds me of the run the Giants went on in 2007 . does it mean it will happen again ? no not automatically but that does not mean it Cant happen again ...and i like the kiss of death by writing you are more worried about next weeks game ...forget Mike Greene , you may have just jinxed the Packers much more :tup:

Did you watch Giants last 3 games ? does that look like same pass rush and defense that played against Rodgers and Brees earlier this season ?? and are you seriously doubting Giants do not have a great pass rush as they stand now ...all healthy and playing at highest level of season ? if so good luck with that

and for the record , whether or not Giants win ( and I believe they can and will ) , i posted this to talk some smack and get a little trash talking going

If I was A Packer fan , i would definitely believe my team should win this Sunday but i would not take the Giants lightly at all or dismiss how they have been playing last few games

Did you watch Giants last 3 games ? does that look like same pass rush and defense that played against Rodgers and Brees earlier this season ?? and are you seriously doubting Giants do not have a great pass rush as they stand now ...all healthy and playing at highest level of season ? if so good luck with that

You act like it's a foregone conclusion what will happen as if everyone HASN'T seen the Giants last three games, yet ignoring about 20 of the last 21 games Green Bay has played.

I hope the Giants make it close and competitive, and if they win this game, then shoot, Coughlin and Eli can go down in history as modern day Davids further than they already have been cemented, and we can celebrate your genius and predictive skills. Otherwise, get a grip. There's way more evidence than a great pass rush the last three weekends to suggest that Green Bay will win and win somewhat comfortably (by like, 9 1/2 or so), so de-wad the panties and accept that the numbers and the logic from an outside observer aren't going to back up your position no matter how strongly you feel about it.

You act like it's a foregone conclusion what will happen as if everyone HASN'T seen the Giants last three games, yet ignoring about 20 of the last 21 games Green Bay has played.

I hope the Giants make it close and competitive, and if they win this game, then shoot, Coughlin and Eli can go down in history as modern day Davids further than they already have been cemented, and we can celebrate your genius and predictive skills. Otherwise, get a grip. There's way more evidence than a great pass rush the last three weekends to suggest that Green Bay will win and win somewhat comfortably (by like, 9 1/2 or so), so de-wad the panties and accept that the numbers and the logic from an outside observer aren't going to back up your position no matter how strongly you feel about it.

i could care less if you back up my position but at least if not make a valid point or dont discourage a valid point that has been made ...Giants Pass rush has had other very good games this year along with some bad ones ...but why would you deny that over last 3 games , that the Pass rush has not been excellent ? super actually ...

Get a grip ?? :tup:

Yes the Giants winning this week would be the biggest upset in FB history ...maybe the biggest in all of sports history :wacko: ...that is how we should all look at it

Packers Defense sucks ...its not even bad , it sucks ....This could be a close game without a doubt and Giants can win it ...if you dont think so that is fine but I have a grip :pantstight:

Edited by isleseeya

If this is a shoot-out, I think GB Wins.

The Giants WR could make the GB D have fits and could make them look bad...most teams with that many horses have scored on them almost at will.

As for everyone saying the Giants D is not as good as they are...well...they shut down a good ATL team last week.

The last team GB played that had a chip on their shoulder was KC and an interim head coach....they made AR look very mediocre in the first half...89 yards as a team. That is pathetic. Say what you will GB put up plenty of yards without Jennings and Starks in other games...so that is not the reason.

If that happens, the Giants win--- I personally don't see it....but think either way this is going to be a good game.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

The last team GB played that had a chip on their shoulder was KC and an interim head coach....they made AR look very mediocre in the first half...

Plus the Packers had a LOT of guys out, in addition to kind of floating along at that point.

I'll just say,'We'll see'.

I love the fact GB is getting very little respect outside of WI! Why not poke the tiger AND pull his tail.

Green Bay rolls.

Or, re-post this Monday and I'll eat my crow begrudgingly.

I think GB wins this. But, their D is bad...and Cruz, Manningham, Nicks will be all over. So will Nelson, Jones, and Jennings....Finley too....if he learns to catch the damn ball. (He screwed me in a league this year with drops...so I'm still pissed at him.)

Both D/ST are bad and it should be a good game. I just think if they rattle AR like KC did, that would be the downfall. GB could do the same to Eli....heaven knows he can't play great when he's getting rattled.

The whole thing that gives me a bad feeling about the game is that AR rested the last week and didn't play a series.... practice is one thing, but game-rhythm is another. I think GB wins, but am nervous about an INDY-like collapse.

Plus the Packers had a LOT of guys out, in addition to kind of floating along at that point.

I'll just say,'We'll see'.

I love the fact GB is getting very little respect outside of WI! Why not poke the tiger AND pull his tail.

Green Bay rolls.

Or, re-post this Monday and I'll eat my crow begrudgingly.

:wacko:

i could care less if you back up my position but at least if not make a valid point or dont discourage a valid point that has been made ...Giants Pass rush has had other very good games this year along with some bad ones ...but why would you deny that over last 3 games , that the Pass rush has not been excellent ? super actually ...

What exactly is the valid point that's being made? That the Giants pass rush is great? That it's been great for three games in a row? That it's SO great it will propel a 9-7 team that got outscored by their opponents during the regular season to win a game against a defending champion team that's lost once in 22 games, in a stadium where they've lost once in 20 games, in the first home playoff game they've played at home in four years?

I buy only part of that logic. Unless you tell me that the team that won the last playoff game on the Frozen Tundra was not the Packers. :wacko:

What exactly is the valid point that's being made? That the Giants pass rush is great? That it's been great for three games in a row? That it's SO great it will propel a 9-7 team that got outscored by their opponents during the regular season to win a game against a defending champion team that's lost once in 22 games, in a stadium where they've lost once in 20 games, in the first home playoff game they've played at home in four years?

I buy only part of that logic. Unless you tell me that the team that won the last playoff game on the Frozen Tundra was not the Packers. :wacko:

how about Giants pass rush has been great last few games . Giants pass rush should give Giants a chance to win this game . Giants have a fighting shot to win this game .

and what is it with the continued reference of 9-7 record for Giants ? how does that mean anything for tomorrow's game ?

do you think Giants or any football team goes into playoff game wondering if their record is good enough to get them a win ??? just like Packers likely wont go into game thinking their 15-1 record will give them an automatic win , the Giants 9-7 record will mean nothing for game itself

and yes the last team to win a playoff game on the frozen tundra in Lambeau was in fact NOT the Packers ...It was the Giants in 2007

In 2008 , Pack missed playoffs

in2009 , they lost in wild card round to arizona in arizona

in 2010 , they won the SB as # 6 seed that never had a home playoff game

well see happens tomorrow

Edited by isleseeya

and what is it with the continued reference of 9-7 record for Giants ? how does that mean anything for tomorrow's game ?

It means the Giants have performed more or less as an average football team this season. It means that you've greatly inflated how good they are based on the last three games. Which is cool, it's the playoffs and any given Sunday, blahblahblah.

do you think Giants or any football team goes into playoff game wondering if their record is good enough to get them a win ??? just like Packers likely wont go into game thinking their 15-1 record will give them an automatic win , the Giants 9-7 record will mean nothing for game itself

Are we talking pep talks here or logical conclusions to draw based on a body of work? I get it, you're a fan and you feel strongly about your team winning, and as long as they're playing, they got a chance. Otherwise, I think many Giants fans are delusional with regards to how good their team actually is, but again we'll eat the crow tomorrow if need be.

It means the Giants have performed more or less as an average football team this season. It means that you've greatly inflated how good they are based on the last three games. Which is cool, it's the playoffs and any given Sunday, blahblahblah.

Are we talking pep talks here or logical conclusions to draw based on a body of work? I get it, you're a fan and you feel strongly about your team winning, and as long as they're playing, they got a chance. Otherwise, I think many Giants fans are delusional with regards to how good their team actually is, but again we'll eat the crow tomorrow if need be.

I hear you ... no doubt fan in me is feeding my enthuasism about Giants chances but i do believe their pass rush is for real ...all are healthy and all playing great ...3 games may not be alot but they convinced me they will be ready for tomorrow

Plenty of crow will be eaten by someone tomorrow ...hoping its not me :wacko:

The historian looks backward. In the end he also believes backward.

-Nietzsche

Lets not forget that the Packers didn't have Sitton, Clifton, Bishop or Hawk last time.

Matthews is healthy as he's been.

WAR GREEN BAY

Being from New York, being a Jets fan. I laugh at this new Giants spirit, that some how they're "elite".

The pass rush has been solid for a few games. But when i hear comments like "Jason Piere-Paul should win defensive player of the year" i want to shoot myself. Your pass rush is solid at best. Osi and Tuck are old. They should help but there is no way that the Packers should lose this game. The Giants secondary is atrocious, will be picked apart all day. I'm sure Raji and the DL along with the LB corps can more then handle Eli and the very average running game of the giants.

No game thread, so I'll just leave this here. The Giants got JOBBED on that non-reversal of the GB fumble. At least a 7-point swing since GB went down and scored a TD.