[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sore loser

biomaxdds

And this seems like a rather draconian way of preventing someone from being an a-hole. Now, if you want to do it this way for competitive reasons, a "dance with the ones that brought you" sort of deal, that's one thing. But if you're preventing teams from making legit moves just to protect yourselves from some a-hole having a hissy fit and dropping his entire roster, that seems rather unfortunate.

In our league teams not in the playoffs have no games, they cannot add and there is no reason to drop. So we lock them out of add/drop but they are allowed to trade.

Teams in the playoffs can add (temporary players only, so they can't get some guy blowing up late in the season, its a keeper league).

I agree it is BS, bush league, poor sportsmanhsip etc. We found that one owner in our league benched his best players to throw the game the last week hoping to clinch the last position (and first pick). He was successful, and our leagues rules don't say you can't do it. We do have a weekly $24 price for high score, and hoped that would prevent people from tanking. We'll probably just humiliate the guy during the off season and at the draft, then remind all owners that they need to start their best roster every week, tanking for draft position is not accepted and could result in another team getting an easier win, messing up the playoffs.

I hate owners who say "its not in your rules, nothing you can do." Screw that if you agreed to have me commish your league I'll do something, and if you're not happy you can be the new commish.

Wow! I guess there is always that one sore loser somewhere that tries to ruin it for everyone.

Interesting reading though...... :pop:

Agree with the consensus, restore roster and lock it. I use to have a guy in my league that would complain about everything, no matter how small, just because he could and/or did not see a rule addressing it.

+3 with others.....We lock our rosters and all playoff transactions are posted on message board for commish to process manually.

Good to hear that that owner was not invited back into your league for next season.

Being Commish is an unappreciated job. Don't feel bad to correct something that happens to not be covered in the rules. Common sense and league integrity will be your guide.

I dont blame him either im a commish of one league and people whine way to much! I would make a " Gentleman's agreement" to freeze the rest of players. If you all are decent people and want playoffs to be fun you will all comply pretty much

Ya we are trying to get all 4 playoff teams to agree about not picking up any of the players

Why you should have something like this in your constitution. I've built up a significant amount of trust equity through the years. But you need to start somewhere.

11.3 The _________ Commissioner has final say over all league matters. The ________ Commissioner also reserves the right to ammend or adjust this constitution as he sees fit. League owners will be notified of any changes to this document.

Why you should have something like this in your constitution. I've built up a significant amount of trust equity through the years. But you need to start somewhere.

11.3 The _________ Commissioner has final say over all league matters. The ________ Commissioner also reserves the right to ammend or adjust this constitution as he sees fit. League owners will be notified of any changes to this document.

Honestly, I have no interest in being in a league where the vast majority would mind if the commish stepped in, that clause or no, and laid down the law in a situation as cut and dry as this one.

There are precious few moments in life when things are any more obvious than this. If you're this guy or you have a problem with someone stepping and shutting this guy down, you're a freaking dewsh. Plain and simple.

Honestly, I have no interest in being in a league where the vast majority would mind if the commish stepped in, that clause or no, and laid down the law in a situation as cut and dry as this one.

There are precious few moments in life when things are any more obvious than this. If you're this guy or you have a problem with someone stepping and shutting this guy down, you're a freaking dewsh. Plain and simple.

Is that another huddlism, or is chives now censored?

ETA, oh so that is what chives correlates to... dewsh, I like it.

Edited by stevegrab

It won't effect anything for next year, but it'll like affect the teams that are currently in the playoffs. We are trying to get the last 4 playoff teams to agree not picking up any players that were dropped

How old are you guys ? Just curious

How old are you guys ? Just curious

I'm honestly having a really hard time imagining that discussion without someone (likely me) saying, at some point (once I've endured some BS about "hey, all's fair in love and war...", "Are you effing 10 years old!? Do you truly not see what BS this is and that there's exactly one way to play this thing?!" Edited by detlef

I'm honestly having a really hard time imagining that discussion without someone (likely me) saying, at some point (once I've endured some BS about "hey, all's fair in love and war...", "Are you effing 10 years old!? Do you truly not see what BS this is and that there's exactly one way to play this thing?!"

True but surely you know grown adults who act like children in certain ways, heck just look at some of the posts on the forums. ;)

Most of us are in our early 30s haha, tell me about it.

Anyways, the last 4 playoff teams all have agreed not to pickup those players

:lol: I assumed you guys were younger and I dont mean to sound condescending when I say that. My league has guys from 35-55 , most of us in our 40s, and we fight like we are 15 at times.

I asked because this situation sounded like something that would arise in an upstart league or league that is in its early years with young guys .