[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who surprised you today?

kingsofromance

For me it was two guys. #1 Colin Kaepernick. He looked like the real deal today and has come a long way in a short amount of time as a true quarterback/leader.

#2 Eddie Lacy. I watched every snap Trent took last year (Had him on my fantasy football team last year) and today Eddie looked a lot better. Fumble aside the kid had burst, power, and can block. Also it was huge that they used him in a goal line carry and he converted.

I didn't get Kaepernick but I did draft Lacy over Wilson. The reason I chose Lacy over Wilson? I accidentally crossed Wilson off my list even tho he was available. Ha ha. Its only week one but it looks like I got lucky.

Yeah...Boldin was very impressive. That guy can still get open and he can still go up and get the ball in a crowd.

Murray is running hard tonight. That guy was a hugh part of my draft strategy this year...him and Colston.

I'm another one in on Lacy. I expected absolutely nothing out of him yesterday. Green Bay has never been a run heavy team, and only needs the run to pull an extra defender into the box occasionally. He did surprise me though. Just as you said, dude has power, much better than I expected in blocking/protection, and did it all against one of the best run D's in the league. I'm not saying he'll be a top 5 RB this year, but the dude is certainly gonna make a name for himself and I see his stock rising quickly.

Tom Coughlin. Im surprisrd he didn't beat the fumbles outta Wilson

Wilson's gonna miss next weeks game with sore arms. He's gonna have to carry a football with him everywhere he goes this week with everyone trying to knock it outta his arms - taking a beating in the process...
  • Like 1

Edie Lacy? We’re we watching the same game? Lacy’s best run of the day was an 11-yarder in the second quarter that was wiped out by a hold. Then he fumbled on the next play. Lacy totaled just 41 yards on 14 carries. As a comparison, DeAngelo Williams posted 76 yards on 16 carries against arguably one of the best defenses in the league. I think the only reason anyone can say that Lacy’s day wasn’t terrible was the TD from the one yard line. Any longer than 1 yard and I’m not sure he would have been able to punch it in. I’m not saying he’s Lamar Miller terrible (should that be the new Meme?) but that was not a good outing for him at all. His next five games don’t look to promising either.

I think the most surprising were the number of TEs that had huge games this week.

and holy crap, Boldin.

Edited by Anthrax1

Didn't he have one in New Orleans and Miami?

In Miami he got the load but was not on a team offensively good enough to where he was not focussed upon. in N.O. he played on a team that was so good offensively that it made noone a priority.

On the Lions where we have Calvin Johnson who draws so much attention Bush will shine as long as he can stay healthy.

Edie Lacy? We’re we watching the same game? Lacy’s best run of the day was an 11-yarder in the second quarter that was wiped out by a hold. Then he fumbled on the next play. Lacy totaled just 41 yards on 14 carries. As a comparison, DeAngelo Williams posted 76 yards on 16 carries against arguably one of the best defenses in the league. I think the only reason anyone can say that Lacy’s day wasn’t terrible was the TD from the one yard line. Any longer than 1 yard and I’m not sure he would have been able to punch it in. I’m not saying he’s Lamar Miller terrible (should that be the new Meme?) but that was not a good outing for him at all. His next five games don’t look to promising either.

I think the most surprising were the number of TEs that had huge games this week.

and holy crap, Boldin.

Ummm pardon me sir? Can you stop yelling?

• Like 1