[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

P Manning - what did you see?

Bronco Billy

According to Adam Schefter, both of Manning's ankles are sprained, including a high right ankle sprain aggravated by Robert Mathis' second sack. That might explain some of his throwing issues in the second half of the game against the Colts.

WHY DOES STUFF LIKE THIS ONLY COME OUT AT THE VERY LAST POSSIBLE SECOND?! Same phucking thing happened to me with Roddy White!!! I'm so mad.

Could've used Brees instead

How do you have BOTH Manning and Brees?? is this a 4 team league???

Never heard of a dynasty league? You could have had Peyton for a song during the year he was injured. Having him and Brees on the same dynasty team would not be a stretch at all. The fact that you have a star #1 QB lets you take a chance at the QB2 spot on a player like the injured Peyton Manning.

I had Peyton , Brees & Rivers for many years in one league , it played out like this , I had Peyton picked up Brees off the waivers on a whim because my other QB was injured and QB's are hard to come by in a 14 team league , then the next year I grabbed Rivers with my 4.14 rookie pick then the next year SD cut Brees who couldn't pass the physical in Miami but I thru him on my taxi squad , before I knew I had 3 top 6 QB's and traded Peyton ,,, a couple years ago I got Peyton back in a trade , he gave me Peyton & a 1st round pick for Michael Crabtree ,,, I'm in first place again this year :brow:

If you have Peyton and Brees you need to trade one of them. Picking between the two each week will be maddening.

I had Peyton , Brees & Rivers for many years in one league , it played out like this , I had Peyton picked up Brees off the waivers on a whim because my other QB was injured and QB's are hard to come by in a 14 team league , then the next year I grabbed Rivers with my 4.14 rookie pick then the next year SD cut Brees who couldn't pass the physical in Miami but I thru him on my taxi squad , before I knew I had 3 top 6 QB's and traded Peyton ,,, a couple years ago I got Peyton back in a trade , he gave me Peyton & a 1st round pick for Michael Crabtree ,,, I'm in first place again this year :brow:

But you were able to trade one of those QB, that is the smart thing to do. Why have two top 5 players at a position where you can only start 1? Even if they don't cost your draft wise, you're just asking for the weekly "DOH should have started my other stud QB."

If you have Peyton and Brees you need to trade one of them. Picking between the two each week will be maddening.

But you were able to trade one of those QB, that is the smart thing to do. Why have two top 5 players at a position where you can only start 1? Even if they don't cost your draft wise, you're just asking for the weekly "DOH should have started my other stud QB."

Your correct but remember I only had ONE top 5 QB before Brees finally started with NO and I didn't even know that until after game 3 , I mean he couldn't even pass a physical in Miami and was lucky to get a team to sign him ,,, so Rivers was my only back up and how many times have we seen rookie QB's flop their 2nd or 3rd year ?

This is a high $$ dynasty league not a redraft , but your point taken

I'll never understand these posts. What possible relevance to the thread does this bring? There are a dozen different ways this could happen, and none of them matter one bit. Do you get off belittling others over small leagues? Or belittling his opponents for letting it happen?

There is a ton of value in a large league to squirrel away an elite QB. Byes for one, high ankle sprains for another. Mostly though, it means someone is starting a #15 or worse QB, and you get to play against him. if you don't have glaring holes, and aren't getting elite trade value in return, there's no way I'd trade one either.

Good Response:

BS Response:

I'll never understand these posts. What possible relevance to the thread does this bring? There are a dozen different ways this could happen, and none of them matter one bit. Do you get off belittling others over small leagues? Or belittling his opponents for letting it happen?

Just making a statement. Take it for what you will.

There is a ton of value in a large league to squirrel away an elite QB. Byes for one, high ankle sprains for another. Mostly though, it means someone is starting a #15 or worse QB, and you get to play against him. if you don't have glaring holes, and aren't getting elite trade value in return, there's no way I'd trade one either.

I'd say a ton is a stretch, there COULD be value, if you lose one of the two and need to start the other regularly. Using them one week for a bye isn't that big. As far as some other team having a #15 or worse QB, that is probably the case anyway, and depending on your league you may not play that team at all, or once, or maybe twice. It also depends how you got the players, if you used two high draft picks to get two elite QBs you're going to be weaker at other positions with your starters.

Agree on the trade point, if I'm not getting good value I won't trade that stud.