[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cousins to start in week 15

BA Baracus

A high-ranking team official tells ESPN that Kirk Cousins will start Sunday's game against the Falcons.

Instead of getting Robert Griffin III valuable in-game reps over the final three weeks, coach Mike Shanahan has chosen to "protect" the ACL patient from injury. It reeks of a move designed to get himself fired. Although Griffin never truly looked 100 percent while playing with a bulky brace, he never missed a game and was more than capable of protecting himself in the pocket. Cousins has shown flashes during his five career appearances and gets a plus matchup at Atlanta, but he's stepping into an incredibly awkward situation with a rudderless team. It's extremely difficult to see the Redskins showing well Sunday.

Related: Robert Griffin III

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 11 - 9:21 AM

A high-ranking team official tells ESPN that Kirk Cousins will start Sunday's game against the Falcons.

Instead of getting Robert Griffin III valuable in-game reps over the final three weeks, coach Mike Shanahan has chosen to "protect" the ACL patient from injury. It reeks of a move designed to get himself fired. Although Griffin never truly looked 100 percent while playing with a bulky brace, he never missed a game and was more than capable of protecting himself in the pocket. Cousins has shown flashes during his five career appearances and gets a plus matchup at Atlanta, but he's stepping into an incredibly awkward situation with a rudderless team. It's extremely difficult to see the Redskins showing well Sunday.

Related: Robert Griffin III

Source: ESPN.com

Dec 11 - 9:21 AM

Is Shanny really that deranged to play the Madame Butterfly card? Or is Synder such a megalomaniac that's he's pushed a tough minded professional coach to the breaking point? Or is Cousins the right guy? Or is RGIII really not a QB1? Or all the above?

Stay tuned to Fatal Attraction in DC. After Snyder finds Cousins head boiling in a pot, I bet RGIII shoots Shanny in the bathtub just like Ann Archer nailed Glenn Close. Great scene!

• Like 1

Is Shanny really that deranged to play the Madame Butterfly card? Or is Synder such a megalomaniac that's he's pushed a tough minded professional coach to the breaking point? Or is Cousins the right guy? Or is RGIII really not a QB1? Or all the above?

Stay tuned to Fatal Attraction in DC. After Snyder finds Cousins head boiling in a pot, I bet RGIII shoots Shanny in the bathtub just like Ann Archer nailed Glenn Close. Great scene!

I never understood why a man would have an affair with Glenn Close when he's got Anne Archer keeping the bed warm at home. I guess he just needed some strange...

• Like 1

RGIII has not looked right all season. I'm fully in favor of this as a Redskins fan.

Best case scenario Cousins looks brilliant and we can trade him for a pick in the off season.

Worst case scenario Cousins looks terrible and RGIII is that much more cemented as the franchise QB.

Any fans that are dumb enough to see Cousins look brilliant and want to trade RGIII should send me their paypal information, I have an opportunity centered in Nigeria that they also would be interested in.

RGIII has not looked right all season. I'm fully in favor of this as a Redskins fan.

Best case scenario Cousins looks brilliant and we can trade him for a pick in the off season.

Worst case scenario Cousins looks terrible and RGIII is that much more cemented as the franchise QB.

Any fans that are dumb enough to see Cousins look brilliant and want to trade RGIII should send me their paypal information, I have an opportunity centered in Nigeria that they also would be interested in.

Hey, so you are the guy I sent my paypal info to last year?! Where's the $1,000,000,000 inheritance you promised?

Yeah, no way you're going to fleece someone on trading a top 3 pick for a #1 pick, you would be foolish to trade him away.

Oh wait.

I think it's the right move also. Cousins looked good last season in his limited opportunity, the Redskins would be foolish to go into this offseason without knowing what they have there. If he looks or even close to good, I think there would be a number of teams who would show some level of interest in Cousins in the offseason. I think Washington has way too much invested in RGIII to contemplate Cousins as the long-term answer, but it still makes sense to me to get rid of any uncertainty regarding his ability so they can better gameplan their future.

I'm not sure that this is necessarily Shanahn's motivation in making the move because he looks like a short-timer to me, but I do think it's the best move for the franchise.

as a Texans fan I would be very interested in this scenario.

The skins have nothing to gain by this. If they really wanted to protect RGIII, he wouldn't have been brought back until he was 100% healthy to start the season. Additionally, if Cousins does well, they now have a qb controversy. If he does poorly, his trade value takes a large hit. Lose-lose scenario starting him IMO.

lol - yep. And is it really so impossible that this IS helpful to Griffin's injury, or that the injury has at least played a small part in his struggles (hardly all of them of course)? People seem to want to dismiss his injury like it never mattered because hey, he's able to play. ? Has he suddenly gone from an amazing QB to a terrible one? I kinda doubt it. I think he's more or less "back" next year. The way people so quickly people hop on and off bangwagons really gets old.

• Like 1