[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pats trade Mankins to Bucs for Tim Wright.

Do Work Son

:lol: Reminds me of those offers I get for free money.

I mod another board and I take great pleasure in removing these peoples' profiles, signatures, and posts. It's a gaming board, so the admin doesn't mind if I get slightly "creative" in adding in alternative content as well ;D

Others have already mentioned this --- but Wright is really a different type of TE than Gronk, so I don't think this indicates a sudden setback to Gronk --- but having a TE that can attempt to replace the Hernandez role playing with Gronk. And then also provide more depth. Wright was a WR in college at Rutgers….so BB also hadn't added another Rutgers player to the roster this week, which would have also driven the trade.

Besides getting Wright and a 5th round pick in 2015 -- they're also getting out from Mankin's contract. They asked him to restructure it and he wouldn't. While Mankins is still a very good player - the Pats have decent depth at OL this year.

To me, this is all about trading a player a year early rather than a year late. My guess is that this deal was all about the money, getting help at TE, and the pick --- rather than an unreported setback on Gronk.

FWIW I believe Myers is listed as the starter

Understood, however as a receiving threat, I just don't see Myers as being a real option. Anybody who's paying attention should know that ASJ will be the true benefactor here. Even before the trade he was expected to see a good share of touches. Edited by rajncajn