[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok, Mr. Wilson...

APackersOwner

It was tough watching Russell Wilson orchestrate a perfect game against a less than average Packers performance.

Wilson is by no means a spectacular QB, but he take the basics and executes them flawlessly. He knows his role on the squad by getting the ball to Percy Harvin and 'Skittles' Lynch.

Who started him week 1?

Dude's pretty good, and I'm glad I own him as a backup in several leagues.. But Russell Wilson reminds me of a new era Jim McMahon. He's a game manager on a team with a studly defense, and a well balanced offense.

If the game were on the line in the 4th quarter - 2 minutes left with no timeouts and needed to go 80 yards downfield, Wilson wouldn't be in my top 10 of QB's Id want leading the charge..

Just for the sake of a debate - here's QB's who I'd rather have in the above situation (no particular order):

Manning

Brady

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Stafford

Ryan

Flappo

Roethlisberger

Kaepernick

Edited by Shorttynaz
  • Like 1

Dude's pretty good, and I'm glad I own him as a backup in several leagues.. But Russell Wilson reminds me of a new era Jim McMahon. He's a game manager on a team with a studly defense, and a well balanced offense.

If the game were on the line in the 4th quarter - 2 minutes left with no timeouts and needed to go 80 yards downfield, Wilson wouldn't be in my top 10 of QB's Id want leading the charge..

Just for the sake of a debate - here's QB's who I'd rather have in the above situation (no particular order):

Manning

Brady

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Stafford

Ryan

Flappo

Roethlisberger

Kaepernick

I'm sure you're aware, but Wilson has been in this situation a good number of times and marched right down the field. In two years he already has 10 game winning drives in the 4th quarter, 8 being come-from-behind victories.

This is from a Mike Sando article halfway through last season:

Filtering only for games when quarterbacks trailed by 1-8 points in fourth quarters, Luck and Wilson are a combined 13-9. The rest of the league is 83-184, Luck had seven of these at the time article was written, Wilson had 6.

Edited by Seahawks21

I'm sure you're aware, but Wilson has been in this situation a good number of times and marched right down the field. In two years he already has 10 game winning drives in the 4th quarter.

Not necessarily doubting him - I like the guy - I think he's a PERFECT fit for that offense / team. He's got a chip on his shoulder and he's got that fire that some players lack. Wilson would probably be 11th on my list though. I'd take him over just about anyone else..

Manning

Brady

Brees

Luck

Rodgers

Stafford

Ryan

Flappo

Roethlisberger

Kaepernick

Yet the announcers were talking about him like he's already in the HOF and in the same class as Peyton, Brady, Brees. Even Rodgers isn't there yet, and all of them have done it more on their own (not with defense and a good ground game).

I'm sure you're aware, but Wilson has been in this situation a good number of times and marched right down the field. In two years he already has 10 game winning drives in the 4th quarter, 8 being come-from-behind victories.

This is from a Mike Sando article halfway through last season:

Filtering only for games when quarterbacks trailed by 1-8 points in fourth quarters, Luck and Wilson are a combined 13-9. The rest of the league is 83-184, Luck had seven of these at the time article was written, Wilson had 6.

And Wilson brought the Seahawks back for leads late in the 4th quarter in Detroit, Miami, and Atlanta in the playoffs that the defense blew two years ago, so he'd have had potentially three more come from behind wins in addition to those other 6. I can't help but feel that some here are either being ignorant or jaded when they would rather have so many other QBs in the same situation. They are spitting in the face of the numbers/facts, and last I checked, although the defense gives him the chance at 4th quarter comebacks, he still has to lead the offense to points. If Kaepernick had the same 4th quarter stats as Wilson, he'd be universally annointed the next Montana. Y'all need to quit channeling Jaworski.

As far as Wilson's production this season, hold your horses. Pete Carroll made a quote today about how he's been hearing that since Wilson is in his third year and has such a handle on the offense that now the Seahawks were going to air it out. Carroll remarked he was almost offended at that statement and said "that's just not who we are".

I seriously considered benching him regardless of his cost... Kaepernick is known for terrible week 1 starts. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

Ummm Kaep dropped 412 and 3 TDs in week1 vs your pack last year how do you figure he's known for terrible week 1 starts? It's his 1 and only week 1 start :lol:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe
  • Like 2

Yeah...Kaep vs Dallas is a staple of my daily lineups. He's gonna kill it.

Started Rusty Wilson because of Cam's McRib problem.

Wilson is a badass. He can make all the throws, he's smart, he can run, he can spin it, and he has that wonderful curly hair. He is what his team needs him to be. I have seen him be a playmaker and a game manager. I have to say, I really respect his lack of ego BS. There are plenty of QBs who I prefer to him, but given time, Russ will ascend to that elite tier (real football, not fantasy).

• Like 1

I personally think he's already there the kid is flat out fun to watch and a model for what these punks these days should try to emulate. And that's from a niners fan

He really is already there...the test for him to become an all time great is sustaining it, which I think he will do.