[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How the Cowboys win in GB

Cowboyz1

"Like we went into San Francisco and upset that house, Green Bay's house is comin down." said Nate Newton on Monday. Yes, the All Pro guard during those SB years long long time ago.

I was stunned. As you all know, I've been hittin the Cowboys Koolaid for some time now, since week 3's comeback against the Rams to be exact. I said to myself, wow, that's bold. How the hell can he feel that way given GB's history at home, the weather, and frankly, our defense although opportunistic isn't what you would call "Stingy" or beastly. They fly around and play with good technique most of time but we don't have All Pro corners. Nor do we have some dominate D line. Hell, we don't even have a healthy stable of All Pro linebackers. We don't have the defense they did. We don't have the RB they did.

Now I can tell you without hesitation that what you're seeing is a New Breed of Cowboys team. Decedents from Champions past. This 2014 version of the Cowboys has grit, talent, and a running game that travels. Hence, their 8-0 record on the Road.

Now we find ourselves on the precipice of football immortality but first, the Divisional Playoffs. Having to go into a Historic Stadium, in January, where perhaps the best offense in the land, led by perhaps the best QB in the land, scoring like Snoop Dog in a dispensary.

Now tell the truth, if I had told you before this season started that my beloved Cowboys would be 12-4, win the division by pummeling the Eagles while going on a four game winning streak in the month of December behind one Tony Romo aka El Matador. The same Romo you all said couldn't get the job done. Then I go and tell you they would be going to Lambeau Field for the divisional playoffs.

You'd have called me.....well, you still do. Nonetheless, here we are. The Cowboys headed into the land of Cheeseheads to earn the right to move on and here I am to tell you how we do it.

What we do have is a disciplined, good tackling, young DL rotation, forging a defensive 11 that will fight you for 60 minutes. Hitch and McClain are playing about as solid as you can ask for as backers when they are on the field. We drafted Demarcus Lawrence to replace D Ware and up until last Sunday, the kid was sackless in both senses of the word up til Sunday. But to make that kind of blunder, then turn around and will his way to the QB in a redeeming Sack, Fumble, Recovery to end the game, shows not only SACK but just may be the spark that sets fire to this kid.

Then there is Spencer, who went through off-season microfracture surgery. Left for dead, he too is coming on and I saw the old Spence on the play that should have ended the game. Just in time for Green Bay's showdown, we have both our ends playing their best football of the year. Hummmmmmmmmm

As the cards would have it, Rodgers has a calf issue. That calf won't be healed completely which means he won't be his usual mobile self which makes him just a bit less deadly than he would normally be. That may just be what we need to get the job done. Make him move hard on it all game and pray he slows down some and stays put.

The key to winning this game is our offense being able to pound the football and keep Rodgers on the bench cold. Fortunately, that is exactly how this offense is built. Romo has proven to be as lethal as Rodgers this year.

What we do have is Offense. Between Dez, TW, Beasley and Witten, they are a hand full for any defense. Combine that with a QB the caliber of El Matador and viola, you have an Offense that can score on anyone.

Romo 34 TDs in 15 games.

Rodgers 38 TDs in 16 games.

completion %

Romo 69.9% which is ridiculous by the way.

Rodgers 65.6%

Romo leads the league in passer rating edging out Rogders by one point 113.2 to 112.2

But the tale of the tape does not tell us who will win. It only says that both QB's are at the top of their game.

The way we win this game is with our running game. We will run the football on GB's defense. If they can't stop it, the Cowboys can win this game. You have to admit, if the Cowboys running game is rollin GB will be calling Houston with more then just a problem.

Truth is, I feel better about this game then I did against the Lions. For the Lions have perhaps the best D line in football. GB not so much. In fact, they are vulnerable to a team that can run and boy oh boy can the Cowboys run the football. We ran on JJ Watt, 156 yards, we ran on Suh and GB has neither!

GB's lost to Seattle, Det, NO and Buff. Buffalo having the defense that can stop anyone, Det having the D Line to make a team one dimensional and N.O. having the offense to put up points, and SEA playing with both.

The ONLY loses the Cowboys have had is when Romo was hurt or didn't play period. When Romo is on the field and has 6 days to prepare, the Cowboys are undefeated.

On Sunday, Romo is going to play the game of his career and it's going to take one hell of an effort by the Packers to beat him. He has waited his entire career to be in a game just like this. Ironically, he will be going home. Romo will be going home to Wisconsin, where he grew up, rooting for Farve and the Packers on Sunday afternoons. Yet on Sunday he will be going back to title town with victory on his mind and redemption in his heart.

It just seems serendipitous that Romo is going to Green Bay for the divisional playoffs, with a team that no one expected to do anything, while having his best year of his career. McClain, Hitch and Carter should all be healthy and our DE's have found their stride.

Add this up. Rodgers gimpy, DE's coming on, Murray's hand healing, Romo playing like a Champion.

The only thing I have yet to figure out is how we cover the bevy of GB WRs with Cobb, and that bad ### white boy Jordy Nelson. Thing is, GB has the same problem. Thankfully they don't have a TE like Witten and we do.

I gotta tell you boys and girls, this game is going to be GREAT. I can't wait.

In order to steer clear of the whammy, I'm not going to make any predictions other than this. There are going to be a lot of points scored.

Edited by Cowboyz1

:rofl:

tony romo td to int ration in win or go home games please?

tony romo fumbles vs lions?

tony romo's hanging on to the ball and collapsing in pocket?

please check in

"Like we went into San Francisco and upset that house, Green Bay's house is comin down." said Nate Newton on Monday. Yes, the All Pro guard during those SB years long long time ago.

I was stunned. As you all know, I've been hittin the Cowboys Koolaid for some time now, since week 3's comeback against the Rams to be exact. I said to myself, wow, that's bold. How the hell can he feel that way given GB's history at home, the weather, and frankly, our defense although opportunistic isn't what you would call "Stingy" or beastly. They fly around and play with good technique most of time but we don't have All Pro corners. Nor do we have some dominate D line. Hell, we don't even have a healthy stable of All Pro linebackers. We don't have the defense they did. We don't have the RB they did.

I'm not sure if the weather favoring Green Bay is not a myth as outlined in Rick Gosselin's Jan 5th article "Since Ice Bowl, Packers have losing record at frozen Lambeau", in which he points out the following:

• Cold weather usually favors teams that run the ball.

• Packers are reliant on their QB to win moreso than running game.

• Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 on single-digit temperature days, including a home playoff loss to SF in Jan 2013.

Now I can tell you without hesitation that what you're seeing is a New Breed of Cowboys team. Decedents from Champions past. This 2014 version of the Cowboys has grit, talent, and a running game that travels. Hence, their 8-0 record on the Road.

The key to winning this game is our offense being able to pound the football and keep Rodgers on the bench cold. Fortunately, that is exactly how this offense is built. Romo has proven to be as lethal as Rodgers this year.

The way we win this game is with our running game. We will run the football on GB's defense. If they can't stop it, the Cowboys can win this game. You have to admit, if the Cowboys running game is rollin GB will be calling Houston with more then just a problem.

When Romo is on the field and has 6 days to prepare, the Cowboys are undefeated.

Add this up. Rodgers gimpy, DE's coming on, Murray's hand healing, Romo playing like a Champion.

Well said. I believe the following are the keys to the game.

• Cowboys' offensive line should bounce back and perform much better against the Packers' defense. The Cowboys' power game should be what wins the game.

• Anthony Hitchens' high ankle sprain is a concern as he isn't sure if he will be able to practice this week.

• Rolando McClain was diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms and may not be available. If Hitchens is hindered then the Cowboys may have a weak point at linebacker.

please check in

Out of curiosity, why the huge spaces between each sentence? I'm not sure if it's some kind of fluke if you're posting from your phone; however, if the intent is for the reader to pause and ponder the statement, I don't think it's working.

I'm not sure if the weather favoring Green Bay is not a myth as outlined in Rick Gosselin's Jan 5th article "Since Ice Bowl, Packers have losing record at frozen Lambeau", in which he points out the following:

• Cold weather usually favors teams that run the ball.

• Packers are reliant on their QB to win moreso than running game.

• Aaron Rodgers is 0-3 on single-digit temperature days, including a home playoff loss to SF in Jan 2013.

Well said. I believe the following are the keys to the game.

• Cowboys' offensive line should bounce back and perform much better against the Packers' defense. The Cowboys' power game should be what wins the game.

• Anthony Hitchens' high ankle sprain is a concern as he isn't sure if he will be able to practice this week.

• Rolando McClain was diagnosed with concussion-like symptoms and may not be available. If Hitchens is hindered then the Cowboys may have a weak point at linebacker.

Out of curiosity, why the huge spaces between each sentence? I'm not sure if it's some kind of fluke if you're posting from your phone; however, if the intent is for the reader to pause and ponder the statement, I don't think it's working.

sorry it wasnt intentional just phone

Good points, I agree with most of what you're saying.. Just keep in mind Julius Peppers around the end.

I really believe Romo in that first half of the lions game.. throwing ducks.. collapsing.. fumbling is really how he performs. That second half drive was what mattered. The flags propelled them

Ok, this is always fun, I'll cherry pick a few statements and offer my commentary (underlined)

He leads off with Nate Newton, former Cowboys great and pot supplier to the world predicting the Cowboys will "destroy GB's house". Of course only a former player would be so cocky as to make that prediction. Maybe he was massively baked when he said it. Still going to be some bulletin board material for GB.

"Now we find ourselves on the precipice of football immortality"...

Wow really, immortality for winning a second playoff game in one year and reaching the NFC championship game. Or is it for beating GB in GB in the cold? I guess they hand out immortality pretty easily in Texas (maybe its a birth right).

"Now tell the truth, if I had told you before this season started that my beloved Cowboys would be 12-4, win the division by pummeling the Eagles while going on a four game winning streak in the month of December behind one Tony Romo aka El Matador. The same Romo you all said couldn't get the job done."

Behind Romo, you mean behind their All Pro OL and great running of Murray.

"As the cards would have it, Rodgers has a calf issue. That calf won't be healed completely which means he won't be his usual mobile self which makes him just a bit less deadly than he would normally be. That may just be what we need to get the job done."

Yep, you need their key player injured to have a chance, or maybe some help from the ...

"The key to winning this game is our offense being able to pound the football and keep Rodgers on the bench cold. Fortunately, that is exactly how this offense is built. Romo has proven to be as lethal as Rodgers this year."

Please, Romo has proved he doesn't collapse as easlly and have major breakdowns when he has a great OL/RB.

"But the tale of the tape does not tell us who will win. It only says that both QB's are at the top of their game. The way we win this game is with our running game."

But I thought it was all done "behind El Matador", you mean it really is the running game? And Slip is just benefitting from that? Hmm Cowboys only losses were with no or a hurt Romo, I'm so confused.

I'd say good luck, but I cannot.

Go Pack, 38-30

Edited by stevegrab

Ok, this is always fun, I'll cherry pick a few statements and offer my commentary (underlined)

He leads off with Nate Newton, former Cowboys great and pot supplier to the world predicting the Cowboys will "destroy GB's house". Of course only a former player would be so cocky as to make that prediction. Maybe he was massively baked when he said it. Still going to be some bulletin board material for GB.

"Now we find ourselves on the precipice of football immortality"...

Wow really, immortality for winning a second playoff game in one year and reaching the NFC championship game. Or is it for beating GB in GB in the cold? I guess they hand out immortality pretty easily in Texas (maybe its a birth right).

"Now tell the truth, if I had told you before this season started that my beloved Cowboys would be 12-4, win the division by pummeling the Eagles while going on a four game winning streak in the month of December behind one Tony Romo aka El Matador. The same Romo you all said couldn't get the job done."

Behind Romo, you mean behind their All Pro OL and great running of Murray.

"As the cards would have it, Rodgers has a calf issue. That calf won't be healed completely which means he won't be his usual mobile self which makes him just a bit less deadly than he would normally be. That may just be what we need to get the job done."

Yep, you need their key player injured to have a chance, or maybe some help from the ...

"The key to winning this game is our offense being able to pound the football and keep Rodgers on the bench cold. Fortunately, that is exactly how this offense is built. Romo has proven to be as lethal as Rodgers this year."

Please, Romo has proved he doesn't collapse as easlly and have major breakdowns when he has a great OL/RB.

"But the tale of the tape does not tell us who will win. It only says that both QB's are at the top of their game. The way we win this game is with our running game."

But I thought it was all done "behind El Matador", you mean it really is the running game? And Slip is just benefitting from that? Hmm Cowboys only losses were with no or a hurt Romo, I'm so confused.

Go Pack, 38-30

:rofl:

Nice post all valid points

Can we check in on this though?

Can he check in on the first half of the Lions vs Cowboys game?

And advise where he didnt see that actually happen betweeen the fumbles and collapses and sacks

and holding ball to long?

Can he advise on the second half holding not callling on o-line?

I didn't read all that ... okay I didn't read any of it.

How do the Cowboys go into Green Bay and win can be summed up as follows:

1) Avoid the shoot out so that means run, run, run the ball.

2) Avoid mistakes. This includes stupid penalties and turn overs.

I am sure that your novel can be reduced down to those 2 bullets.

I think they need to hit Rodgers..early and often. Get pressure all game long like they haven't all year. Force turnovers, multiple. And I don't think they can

Dominate the time of possession battle and you don't need turn overs ... run Murray, run Murray, run Murray ... finish drives with TDs ... don't turn over the ball.

Dominate the time of possession battle and you don't need turn overs ... run Murray, run Murray, run Murray ... finish drives with TDs ... don't turn over the ball.

This is the secret right here. And actually if you think about it. You can say that about every team left in the playoffs. Win the rushing battle and time of possession and you win the game.

Go Pack, 38-30

The Cowboys need both Romo and their running game. The two compliment one another.

I believe Rodgers is more than gimpy folks...I don't believe he will be very effective and Dallas is watching a ton of Buffalo game film this week.

Time of posession will be a 10 minute advantage to Dallas and the Pack will need major mistakes by Romo to even compete - and I just don't see that happening this time.

13 point victory and on to Seattle for a slick ball redemption chance.

• Like 1

Nate Newton Miami snow game. He had the cocaine fix was in.

Check in on Romo dating Jessica Simpson. Please stop. The boobs should have flagged the fix. Romo motorboat them knockers to a playoff choker that won't say where I'm wrong.

Check in.

Is Eddie Lacy irrelevant here? Everyone acts like Green Bay is one dimensional. I think they'll be able to run against Dallas, honestly. I'm surprised nobody else has made this point...

Not what I said ... I said Dallas needs to MAKE Green Bay one-dimensional. They do that by running the ball, dominating time of possession, rolling up the score, limiting Green Bay offensive touches and forcing Green Bay to throw to catch up. Obviously easier said than done.